jceman

Weekend Numbers -- Memorial Weekend

For all purposes, my jumping weekend is over so I will go first: 0:0:0

I've been having vague pains in my jaw since the Panama City Beach swoop event, and it finally localized yesterday. This morning I couldn't even eat an orange at breakfast without severe pain, so off to the dentist I go.

Turns out I cracked the tooth in front of my right lower molar. It took a while to cut and remove it and the anesthesia is now starting to wear off. I'll be hitting the vikes later, so no air for me.

Ya'll be safe out there.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

1 (very sunburnt girl) 0:0

They have this place here that they bus us to called the Marble Palace where the pool water is brown and the smell of dead fish coming off the bay is strong. :S But - it is off of Camp Doha so that made it a good day!

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

CRC Crew Marble Palace 1.JPG

4:0:0 Four jumps at the start of the boogie on friday with Island cool, wingnut and wingsuit cinematograher lou diamond.
0 dz.com records to break, hybrid, freefly or otherwise and
Zero dinners or drunken nig noggery for me due to work. Its not about the money but the way I fly I really need the medical:D. Greatful for what I got I guess but it looks like its gonna go off. It sucks to not be there....... more. Glen

Well of course i'll get no jumps this weekend, but in a few more weeks, i'll be jumping my ass off again. I felt well enough yesterday to hang at my dz for a few hours. Just being in the fresh air and being with friends was amazing. Then there was the awesome call from Wingi's cell phone last night. Not sure who all i talked to, but those in Perris are having a great time. I'm honored that a few of those peeps remembered to call and talk to me. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

well, i just finished paying the rig off yesterday, but i went in more debt to do it, but i got to bring it home (it was at hinckley until i could pay it off). now i gotta get some money together so i can go play down there. i really wanted to go play with missy and the sugargliderz to improve on my freeflying, but it was not to be.

tomas

weekend is over, and in a way I am kinf of glad.

1:3:0

1 Really bad riser burn from an uncontrolled flat spin that I wasn't able to correct before open, Yet only 3 lines twists. My angel up there was busy on saturday.

3 times I tried to get my body stable at 15 second delays. Twice I ended up flipping and turning when I didn't want too and on the 3rd try I got it but did a lot of turns ( uncontrolled ). A little frustrating but i'll get it in good time.

I think I'll do a PFF with and instructor to help me out on that one before I try them again.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

Yay, I can finally post to this thread. B|

0:3:1

Friday was too windy for student jumps.

Saturday got up on the first load and did my AFF1 (first ever jump) at last! Went on and did levels 2 and 3 during the day.

Sunday I did AFF4, but the weather closed in later on in the afternoon.

Fantastic weekend! :)

Yay, I can finally post to this thread. B|

0:3:1

Friday was too windy for student jumps.

Saturday got up on the first load and did my AFF1 (first ever jump) at last! Went on and did levels 2 and 3 during the day.

Sunday I did AFF4, but the weather closed in later on in the afternoon.

Fantastic weekend! :)

Good on ya for getting into the air, but now you have to learn how to post "The Weekend Numbers". :P

Reading your post shows that you made no jumps on Friday, 3 on Saturday and one on Sunday; however, using the standard notation for "The Weekend Numbers" one would read that you did not get laid, you made 3 jumps, and you owe one case of beer.:o

To make it clear, the format is Humps:Jumps:Cases of beer owed. Creative license has led the first number to stand for anything you find interesting, but without explanation will be taken as the number of times you got lucky over the weekend; while this is interesting for/about the young singles, for us old pharts (and others who don't feel comfortable about such matters) it is more interesting to post some other significant number.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Thanks for the explanation on how to post numbers. I did a quick search and couldn't find it. Reading them will more interesting now. :)

1,001:4/3:2

Beer bought, brought and consumed.

1000 reasons to thank HH for this place...most amazing fun this weekend with people I'd never know about if it weren't for DZ.com and one more for good frienships deepened and new ones begun...

4: jumps made with friends, including a rodeo, a fruitloop, two good coached jumps, and a funnel at low alti (yup, JT strikes again!!)
/3: 3 good landings and one crash (yes, Rhino, gloves are gooooooooooooooooooood!!!)

Beer bought and paid for:
1: First boogie I've ever attended where I actually was signed up and registered and everything...

2: jumping my new-to-me gear, having it fit very well, and really starting to feel like an honest, for-real-and-true skydiver.

Ciels, all...
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

0:12:0

The weather has been very "off and on" here, but I have still managed to get in plenty of work and demo jumps. Plenty of out-of-towners here at Raeford this weekend, so if nothing else, we have partied very heavily and make the best of it. Pyke has posted about it, but there are actually like four people from Monroe here this weekend. Right now it's raining very hard, but there are not less than 35 people standing on top of picnic tables under a tent, eating tons and tons of food off the grill, drinking stump liquor, and generally being rowdy. One monkey name awarded: "Kiwi Monkey". Pyke is a complete riot!

Hasta luego, for the weekend is not over till tomorrow evening.

Chuckie

1: First boogie I've ever attended where I actually was signed up and registered and everything...

Glad you had a good time Michele - your second boogie better be Eloy! Start saving now!!! :P

If Eloy is her second boogie, it better be some mundane one before Rantoul!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

0:17:0

What an awesome weekend!!! Thank you Sangiro for putting this awesome place together so we can all be friend.. lol

I am sitting here in the bombshelter at Perris watching a real life 10 way being performed in the middle of the bar, led by Mouth. LOL Cracks me up..

Hopefully weather is good in the morning and I can get a couple more in before I have to catch my plane back home..

Kick ass DZ!!

Wingnut says hi!!B|;) Skycat is giving him bunny ears.. LOL

Rhino

0:5:4(?)

Abused the credit card again this weekend - farkin drug this adrenaline is....

First successful wagon wheel exit with a Skygoddess (5 frontloops, then we sorta stalled flipped 180 and went backwards for 4 loops before the pinggggg ... Almost illegal amounts of fun ;)

First time I've jumped camera - not like THAT, sadly - had a well secured fannypack and a 35 mm on a clear and pull X-country on the sunset load ... also the first time I've been close enough to take a photo of someone under canopy. Next stop, CReW :)

First time I've still been up to see the sun rise at DZ - and I was still on load #1 - Despite the total lack of sleep (well, 1 1/2 hours if you could call that sleep) I was still 'up' enough to land my ass on the dead centre cookie on a dead calm morning (over-reached by a foot and a half on touchdown) in front of the student class and DZO watching "how it's done". They also got a lesson in colliosion avoidance because nobody followed my lead and there were four patterns for four jumpers (tisk tisk, coulda been far worse than grass stains).

First time I carved a front riser 180 onto final. On a Raven this is a "chin-up from hell" but I proved that I could overcome my problem of wind penetration with a "high performance" landing. I actually had speed to spare - almost like a no wind landing... Quite handy that I'd been invited to sit in on a Coach II 'Hi Po landing seminar' written and presented by a guy who helped invent these landings when Cruiselites and Ravens were da shit.

All in all a good weekend - far better than last weekend's horseshoe mal.

Dave

PS: Hey Pete, thought you said that was "Razor" burn not riser burn :P:P:P. don't be so hard on yourself - we all have bad weekends.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)