jceman

Weekend Numbers -- Memorial Weekend

1 (plane crash): 5 : 1

Had 1 plane crash that I lived through, a few jumps and owed a case of beer for being in my first plane crash (with a student I was coaching no less).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

0:0:0

Bad weather [:/] Planning on jumping Saturday, but rain most of the day. Went out to Brush on Sunday, but high winds and low clouds. I know a few folks in Colorado got some jumps in this weekend, but I'm guessing not many. For some reason, Memorial weekend in CO is usually rainy (except the last two years). Rats.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

[email protected]:12:0

1 4 way competion won with a 15.4 avg...Which is cool since we lost a guy, and had to pick up another guy to fill in with zero training jumps.

12 jumps

0 beer.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

1:7:0

1 jumpsuit-less 10-way

7 jumps total (4 Sun, 3 Mon)

0 beers owed!

Landed off once, in a field with a billion cows/bulls. Thankfully, they were scared of me and all ran to one side of the field :)
Tracking without a jumpsuit is interesting!

Some really funny videos....

I met Skymama and Chopchop too. Skymama holds her alcohol very well! B|

5 skymama jumps ;):7:0

spent the weekend with my kids in Tampa.. Busch Gardens Saturday and relative work on Sunday.. jumped on Monday with Skymama at Z-Hills and met a bunch of the gang.. HeatherB, jumped with SunnyD, met Thighman and MarcandAlysse... teehehe.. ask Marc about a post...:P

chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Hey all - I don't know about this number posting thing so can I just tell ya I made 13 jumps in 2 days with tons of people and let someone else put it into "format" for me or let me know what else you need to get me straight...;)

Lots of people to thank for a great first trip away from "home" which I've now done in 2 different forums. Skymama, ChopChop, Trev, Kenny, Libby....If I had more cash I may have very well gone for the 100 cause had so much fun but only hit 95....

Thanks to all for the fun! When we doin' it again?

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

5:3:3

5 gallons of pale ale homebrew brought to the dropzone in a Cornelius keg. To answer the question raised here earlier, my beer was very well received, so I plan on doing it again. The jump pilot even told me that if I name the next batch after him, he'd give me extra altitude. I mean, I'd show him my boobies but I'm shy.:$:D

3 fantastic jumps - one quasi AFF3 to get the rust off (I flubbed my recurrency earlier this month), one awesome recurrency dive, and a hop and pop. Only 5 jumps to go till my A!!

First
-time sleeping under a 182 parked in a hangar
-time as the recipient of a "Him Him Fuck Him" chant (for the homebrew)
-time riding down. By the time we got to altitude the clouds were as thick as the top of a cream pie. No way I could jump. But the ride down was intense - almost as exciting as the freefall!!

By the way, this happens every time I jump. Is it normal for openings to burst blood vessels in your arms? I have nasty red splotches on my biceps and am hoping that that's normal, or at the very least not unhealthy.

A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

1: 5: 1

1 very memorable road trip down to SoCal...

5 fun jumps at the DZ.com boogie in Perris

1st jump out of a SkyVan with skypup, mouth, jams, and phreezone doing video

i had such a good time meeting all you people in Perris...wish i could have met more of you!

1 new bike:1:0

went to the DZ on sunday but there was only one pilot and loads were way backed up. did one and called it a day. booooooo. bought a new bike, went apartment hunting, day at the beach. a nice relaxing weekend. :)

4:18:4

4 days of Jumping at Elsinore

18 Coached 8-way dives

4 fun jumps of various fashon (tracking dive; RW fun and a swoop accuracy competition ending in 3rd place)

And a lighter checking account

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Hmmm....all the DZ's in Ohio are CLOSED today. :( But...I only have to be at work for an hour or two tomorrow. I should be taking a friend out for his first tandem. B| Oh yeah....numbers so far.

:(:4:0

Only got one jump in yesterday. I got home from the DZ and didn't get up till 11. Didn't get to the DZ until 330. Did a nice jump with a beginner sit flyer. I dumped, stowed my slider, then saw a free bag floating. Turns out "Unlucky1" lived up to his SN and had a line over. I chased the free bag but it took us a while to find the main. He even kept his handles. B| Since it was a first......I enjoyed some nice Rolling Rocks on him. ;)

1:1:1

1 wasted long weekend spent predominately working instead of jumping (remind me to thank my boss).

1 jump on Sunday evening to keep my streak alive (I've jumped at least once every weekend since late January).

1 case of beer bought for a first that I did the previous weekend.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

So since no one is telling me how this numbmer system works I am guessing this....have no clue what the first # should represent.....middle number is # of jumps and last is # of firsts.

So I have ?:13:5

13 jumps and... first jump at new DZ other than home, first horny gorilla, first 4-way freefly, first stand attempt and LOTS of first jumps with new friends.

Am I close?

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

So since no one is telling me how this numbmer system works I am guessing this....have no clue what the first # should represent.....middle number is # of jumps and last is # of firsts.

Denise

The first number is supposed to refer to humps for those lucky enough to have a significant other that puts out. But it can also pretty much refer to anything else you did over the weekend. The second number refers to jumps and the third refers to cases of beer either bought or promised for your firsts.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Here is Marc's post, a re-enactment...:$ or should be B|ouch!

Nice to sit around and chat with the dz.commers at zhills, told some funny stories! Should I post the other fotos on this thread?? Do we dare to publish thighman's butt???

edited to attach pic!

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

marcs_post.jpg

2 new B & C licenses:8:0

Had a great weekend in Deland on Saturday and Sunday and Z-hills on Monday. Did 3 jumps in Deland along with taking 2 licenses tests. Then I did 5 jumps in Z-hills with Chopchop and Sunnydee joined us on one too. Had lots of fun hanging out with dz.commers at both places.

Chopchop made me pack. He's the devil. More on that later.

Skymama holds her alcohol very well!

Why, thank-you! I didn't earn my Skymonkey hat for nuthin'! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

0:3:5

Great trip to Perris! Met some awesome folks! Hope to catch you -- on line and in the air soon!

Bomb skydives with Ken, J.T., Luis, Paul, April, Tom and Gary.

2 Way 3 Way 4 Way 5
7 Way - NO WAY
FREE FLY the SKIES!!

Lots of GREAT conversation and new friends! THANKS dropzone.com!

Best Advice - Don't Go Elliptical pre-maturely... :P

Blue Skies!!

2 new B & C licenses:8:0

Speaking of skymama owing beer, Monday was the first time she jumped her own pack job as well...:P

Mama...you don't count so well. That should read

2 new B & C licenses:8:1

New license=Case ;)

chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Speaking of skymama owing beer, Monday was the first time she jumped her own pack job as well...

Ahem....you got a Bud Light from me if I remember correctly. Besides, you closed the container for every jump, so technically I still haven't done it all on my own yet. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon