AggieDave

Woohoo! Did my first "real" tandems!

It was great, got to jump 2 first jumps students today. It absolutely made my day, the energy and excitement coming from them really motivated me. Something about giving someone a taste of skydiving and having it be the best thing they've ever done really brings a smile to me...ok, a BIG smile...alright, fine, as the pilot said when he watched the videos "dude, its cool that the TM is as excited as the students." B|

See, that's why I wanted to get my TM, not to make money, not to say I have one, but to get to jump and experience a "first" jump all over again! Its such an awsome feeling! I love seeing those perma-grins on first jump students, and seeing how they go from nervous to extremely happy and excited.

Ok, I'm a dork, but I'm having fun!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Congratulations...

Now, wait 'til you get a puker... (I'm sorry, that's gross I know, but it'll happen)

Good luck and felicidades man. It IS really good when the JM is as thrilled as the passenger. Keep it up!

MEN: you can't live with 'em, you can't shoot 'em, but you can act psychotic and keep 'em off balance.
HISPA #10

Well, the first one was one of my roommates, so he knew that he was my first tandem.

The second one was a random guy showing up to do a skydive. Pablo (vidiot for the jump) told him on the way to altitude. The guy didn't really care, actually he thought it was pretty cool.

Right on for you :)
It makes the experience all that much better when the guy drivin is enjoying it as much as the guy ridin.

It wasnt all that long ago I got to be the guy goin for a ride like that.B|

Again, congrats to ya

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Nope, both had never jumped before.

Well there's a couple good sized groups of tandem students scheduled for today, but the weather is a shit ball. Hopefully it'll clear up.

I love being a tandem passenger. I wish you get licensed for that and only have to pay for the ride up. I guess it's because I'm scared out of my mind about doing that 1st AFF which will happen soon.:|

Congrats on being a TM.

I hope your students didnt find the chapstick in your front pocket!:D:D:ph34r:

anyway ! take a snapshot of that emotion and "look " at it everytime you are having a BLAH day at work!
remember this is an experience of THEIR lifetime! everyone remembers their tandem instructor..for good reasons or for bad! Im gonna assume that you will be a very good one! unless you grow the forrest on your face again!..you may scare them away!:ph34r::ph34r:

CONGRATS!!!

and do tell us about your first puker...or as Id like to refer to it...A nutritional transplant!
My photos

My Videos

Congrats Dave !!

"got rating to get first time thrill" ???? :S

You just like the idea of strapping hotties to you and having them to yourself for 45 seconds or so. With video. ;)

The guys are just a necessary evil.:P

BSBD
Larry
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

Good work :)
Glad to hear your having just as much fun as the students!! i REALLY want to get a TM rating for exactly the same reason. I know its a long way off, but its something to work for..

congrats again *cough* beer *cough*
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Yeah, I know, I owe a shitload of beer.

For that reason, I'm bringing a keg of Shiner Bock to the DZ this coming weekend.B|

So for everyone coming up here for SummerJam 2003, there will be a couple kegs of Shiner on hand.B|

And for everyone who loves Shiner and can't get it where you live...SUCK IT UP. >:(:P

Congratulations!
Keep it Fun and Safe!
Remember..."There is no substitute for having your shit together!"
Blue Skies!
Steve
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Congrats AggieDave!!!

Just think of all the people who will remember your name forever now;)

Have a good time, make sure they have fun, and remember, treat every passanger with the care and respect that you would show for one of your family members:)
Also, Remember when you wear your personal gear, Don't throw the drogue - that's only for Tandems:$

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Congrats...Most skydivers I know say that they never want to get a tandem rating because: A: they don't want to get thrown up on... B: they don't want to take Cletus or Bubba skdiving... C: they are afraid of the gear, blah blah blah. I had a lot of apprehension about getting a tandem rating, but after approx 325 tandems, I LOVE THEM. I have as much faith in my tandem gear ( Strong ) as I have in my own gear. And I love taking people on their first jumps. HAVE FUN!!!