AggieDave

Pissed off and someone is gonna get screwed.

Yup. The camera that I got (PC-1) is DOA, same for the battery that came with it. I guess I owe beer since this is the first time I've been burned on e-bay, BUT I've started to take action.

I contacted the seller (who sold it as working) and told him.

I filed claim on e-bay and did all the stuff they said to do.

If that doesn't work out, I'm going to call his local district attorny's office and file fraud charges on him.

So, moral of the story is, if I don't get my money back, I'm going to get his ass in a bind with the law. Since it was interstate business, that puts him in more of a bind too.

I'm an evil SOB when you piss me off, and I'm pissed off, so this is going to be fun!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It might help your case if you sent the thing into a Sony service centre, tell them the situation and get a fault report.

Hope it all pans out for yo man, you don't deserve this.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

It might help your case if you sent the thing into a Sony service centre, tell them the situation and get a fault report.

I'd also get an estimate for repair from Sony. The court likes paperwork.

Good Luck!

Whers the guy live at? I'm sure there is a DZ.commer in that area that would be willing to pay your "friend" a vist to ensure things go well;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I took mine to several camera repair shops and was immediately referred to Sony. I was 'told' Sony would charge around $250 just to open your camera up by some in the know skydivers. (true or not, is unknown)

That shied me away. So sentimental value Camera #1 still sits and sentimental value Camera #2 went into my expense account. ($) :(

Good luck Dave.

~AirAnn~

wow Dave,

by reading the title I thought you had some DSB (Deadly Sperm Build-up) I was worried you were thinking of forcing yourself on someone !:D:P

go get your money back...and um... screw that guy:o
My photos

My Videos

PZ- That price included everything?
This was given to me hence the sentimental value. There was a little swoop pond incident, however. But, it works. It only has a 18% audio problem (+/-) and a few periodic pixel issues.

If so, PZ, that is the 2nd good news for today.
:ph34r::D;)

~AirAnn~

AA, I had a camera reapired at a sony center here in the d/fw area about 3 or 4 years back (although I can't remeber exactly what was wrong with it). If it isn't REAL jacked up, as it was explained to me, they will get it back to factory condition for that price. When you take it to a service center, and explain what is wrong, they will tell you if they can fix it for that.

Matt
A well-informed person is somebody who has the same views and opinions as yours.

Yeah, anyone around Gresham, OR ?

There are plenty of skydivers around Gresham. It ain't far from Ralph's place in Eagle Creek (i.e. Ralph Hatley of Western Parachute Sales).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Get this Aggie - I got a call from a company who I did business with a while ago - i had a vehicle tracking system in my name, I never got around to installing the thing cause I was pissed off at the company (long story) anyway they called me and were like "well we heard you sold the unit, but we can't transfer it until you send us written authorization" i was like "huh? I didn't sell the unit" .. i called the guy who bought it (off ebay) he gave me the info of the guy who sold it - the guy said I was his "friend" and had left it at his house.. i was so pissed! I called the guy who sold it, got his mother.. asked for him she was like "oh he's at work" so I asked where he works "oh he works at dulles airport, in security" i was like ahhh ok. So i left a message on his cell phone to callme back, didn't leave my name.. he called me back i was like "do i know you?" he was like "yeah, you know.. uhh.. well maybe you don't" turns out he friggin stole it off my doorstep at my last residence before I even got home.. so I had them send me a new one, I hadn't seen the old one for 6 months then it turned up on ebay! I told the guy (who worked for TSA) that I was out the 300 bucks on the unit because the project I was working on that used it was long since over.. so he could either pay me the 300.00 (he sold it for 100.00) or I could continue pressing charges for selling my equipment on ebay.

He paypaled me the next morning.

:-)

You should get this F-r fired anyway. He will just end up ripping something off out of someone elses luggage.

Bastard.

CNN just reported two TSA screeners were arrested for stealing from baggage- I didn't catch where. TSA has only completed backround checks on half of their 55,000 employees.
I still check my rig in my baggage, though. I've flown about 20-30 times since 9/11 and they never give me a hassle- they may ask questions; but I always make it through.
Dave, EBAY should hook you up- they are very concerned with people who use the site to commit crimes- as it is obviously bad for business. It won't hurt you to inform them that your opinions have been published over 12,000 times on a website...

-Trevor