aneblett

Matrix Reloaded...

You're welcome to come up to CS and watch it with a bunch of skydivers. It'd give you a good excuse to come to Aggieland and get some weekday jumps...

If you want to and don't want to drive back that night, I have couch space open. B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Is there no one in Houston who wants to go to the movies with me?? :( ... [:/] ... >:( ... [:/] ...

C'mon! It'll be fun! :)

Anyone? :| Bueller?

Houston, no wonder no one wants to go with you, It's in TEXAS. God Bless Texas... If I was there, I would. B|
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

You're welcome to come up to CS and watch it with a bunch of skydivers. It'd give you a good excuse to come to Aggieland and get some weekday jumps...

If you want to and don't want to drive back that night, I have couch space open. B|

:$ Aww!! Thanks Dave!! I would absolutely be there, but it's a "school night", and if I'm gonna hang with skydivers AND expect to be at work the next day, I GOTTA be close to home.

Thanks for the invitation, though. Listen, anytime you're in town and need a place to crash, my couch is yours. :)

Houston, no wonder no one wants to go with you, It's in TEXAS. God Bless Texas... If I was there, I would.

Wait- were you making fun of Texas, or making me feel more appreciated? >:( / :)

B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Is there no one in Houston who wants to go to the movies with me?? ... ... ... ...

Hey I'm in Houston and I would love to go with yall,, ugh but I've got to work.. I'm hoping to find a midnight screening tomorrow.

.:skip

Wait- were you making fun of Texas, or making me feel more appreciated? >:( / :)

B|

Making you feel more appreciated of course. B|
I love Texas and if I had to move again, I would come back to Texas.
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

Just have to thank you from the bottom of my heart...had no idea they had showings tonight, and just bought a ticket online for the 10pm showing...yay!

:-)

-S

OHboyohboyohboy! Six hours and twelve minutes left!! Yippee!!

Making you feel more appreciated of course.
I love Texas and if I had to move again, I would come back to Texas.

Oh. Okeedokee. Thanks! I feel duly appreciated! ;)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

You are very welcome...:)
.. I am glad that my semi gloating post did some good too. It wasn't really that I meant to gloat just was really excited and had to share.

S.E.X. party #2

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

Just have to thank you from the bottom of my heart...had no idea they had showings tonight, and just bought a ticket online for the 10pm showing...yay!

-S

I'd save the thanks for after you see the movie. The review I saw in todays Jacksonville Times-Union was not favorable. Looks like it's simply marking time until the next in the series.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Typical of any movie that is the second in a planned trilogy. Keeping the plot lines striaght with out giving away the last part is a hard thing to do. The new Star Wars was the same way, as was the Jurassic Park series, the Back to the Future's, Indiana Jones's, and countless other's recently.

The deeper the story line (Star Wars, Matrix) the harder it's going to be to make the middle story really strong and yet still leave so much in thew third one unforshadowed. With a movie that really was never ment to have have sequal's (Back to the Future) the story of the first one can some times lead to some major issues in writing sequels later if needed. Check out the director comentary on the BTTF DVD some time...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

It has been my expoerience that most newspaper movie reviewers haven't the foggiest clue what makes a good movie and their reviews aren't worth the paper it's printed on.

Take our local reviewer here in Winnipeg Allison Gilmore. She gave the original Matrix a 1/5. This isn't uncommon with her either.

When I lived in montreal same thing. I do check out reviews online in various newspapers from time to time and they just suck.

That being said this movie is a sequel and by definition can't be better than the first (there are exceptions to every rule).

Still Very cool movie.
S.E.X. party #2

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

just got back to the house after seeing it for the first time...

let me get back to you in a day or two after it sinks in...

-S

Just got back from my second viewing! How did everyone else that saw it today like it?

I thought it was good. In a true story line fashion, it continues the tale and that's where I think people get caught up in the not good as the first one. Just like the middle of a book there are things happening that may or may not be germain at the time but may be quite important towards the end. I think this trilogy will definately be in my DVD collection. I am also letting it sink in a bit more as I have some questions about what the architect was saying and relevance of numbers. Did anyone else pick up on the continued theme of numbers in the environment in this one? Overall I thought it was a good flick. T3 might give it some competition at the box office but I bet they both clean house thoroughly.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Saw it at 10:30 last night. Very good movie. Little slow in one part towards the beginning, but edge-of-your-seat for the entire rest of the movie. Lots of good scenes and even the music was very good. Plot was quite interesting - hard to follow some of the things that were said, but that led for a more compelling story.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Our reviewer here, Matt Soergel, gave The Matrix a rave review, he loved it. He holds out high hopes for the part due out this fall, and this is what drove his dissappointment in Reloaded.

I agree one needs to take the reviewer's biases into consideration when reading his/her reviews; my fault in not making it clear what Matt's slant is.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I bet If they put a Birdman suit on Neo during that flying sequence they couldn't make enough suits fast enough to keep the public happy. That would sure make a good advertisement for Birdman IMO;)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

You really want some insight on the movie - do a search on what their names mean.

A few of us sat down last night a figured them all out....but since everyone hasn't seen the movie yet I won't put spoilers on here.. PM me if you want to hear some of the stuff we figured out - a lot of the answers were there in the first film, and we think there are a lot in this one as well. It's interesting to see how much work they put into making these characters.

>You really want some insight on the movie - do a search on what their names mean.

Are they continuing that holy trinity thing?

explanation (first movie, so no spoilers)

Morpheus is god the father ("he's like a father to us") Neo is Jesus (" You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ.") plus which of course he dies and comes back to life - and Trinity is the third part of the trinity, the holy ghost. Their ship is named after an ancient king who conquered Israel (otherwise known as Zion) and drove the people there into exile. That part is a bit backwards, but hey - if an old story works . . .

Morpheus is also the greek god of dreams, which makes sense in the context.