MochaSkyChick

What is it about a woman in a pick-up?

What is it about a woman in a pick-up that seems to turn a guys head?

My brother has a Red 4x4 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad-Cab with a Cummins Diesel engine, tinted windows, a leveling kit, Steel Horse brush guard and 33-12.50 Tires. It’s the kind of truck that I need a running start just to get into the drivers seat. It’s a shweet ride that I like to call B.A.R.T. (Big @$$ Red Truck) and I luv driving it just because it’s so freakin huge that I’m almost eye 2 eye with 18-wheelers.:P

But I’ve started to notice that anytime I drive it, I get a boat load of extra “How YOU doings?” And I also noticed that when I when I take it to get an oil change, as opposed to my lil’ Nissan, the techs treat me WAAAY different. They don’t talk to me like I’m 6 years old.:S

Does a girl (or dude) in a pick-up make you take notice as opposed to other vehicles? If so, Why?

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

Well, I'm a standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
and such a fine sight to see:
it's a girl, my Lord, in a flat bed Ford
slowin' down to take a look at me.
Come on, baby, don't say maybe.
I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me.
We may lose and we may win though we will never be here again.
So open up, I'm climbin' in, so take it easy.

-- Eagles, Take it Easy

I don't get the whole "chick in a truck" thing, but I had an Eagles quote.

If she is attractive, my head will turn cuz..well..I'm a guy.

Doesnt matter if she is in a pickup truck or the Oscar Mayer Weiner car.
I'd probably be more likely to give a "How YOU doin?" the the weiner car chick B|

Makes a STATEMENT:
"SHe's not any sort of typical girl... she seems more "out going", fun chick;).
A strong personality that would understand a MAN" (rather than wanting to "change a man")
-Grant
p.s. a "real man" wants a partner not a trophy or anchor";)

What is it about a woman in a pick-up?

It makes her easier to pick up! Get it? Pick up! Oh, that's hilarious! Thank you, I'll be here all week!

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

I never understood the "Oh, I can change him" attitude. :S If I wanted a science project I would've stayed in high school. :P

Something I experienced 8 times from "I love motorcycles & I want to jump too" = 1 jump & "I don't want to ride":S
Doesn't apply to all but, definitly for me.
:| a stolen proverb:
Man & woman relate in courtship on the basis of "CHANGE".
Boy meets girl and says: "She is wonderful, I hope she NEVER >changes<... and WHAMMO! she does.
GIRL look long into him and says he's good and I can change him...TA-DA!...he never changes.:ph34r:
I live that statment.

Hmm I've only owned 3 vehicles in my life and all of them have been trucks.I've never been noticed more/less for driving a truck.Funny, when I started looking for a new ride when my last truck was totalled by a hellacious hail storm(I'm talking baseball sized) everyone laughed when I said I thought about getting a little car like a Mazda RX8 or Nissan 350Z.They all just said I was a "truck person".In the end they were right.I bought a 2003 Chevy Silverado LS.:S

I will admit I love driving around in my dad's truck.Its a big ol' honkin' Chevy 3500 dually 4 door 4X4 diesel. :ph34r:

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Personally. if you drive a truck from my perspective I am going to notice you more. Then again I drive a huge truck (ford 350xlt crewcab with a triton v10) people look, it is always natural to look at what is bigger than what you have. A woman in a truck is very sexy!

OK i've been drinking again;however, thats my perspective.

:ph34r:Lip
blic, blic, caw,caw

what is she compensating for?

I remember some years back this female Air Force pilot got in trouble for dating an enlisted guy. Somewhere in their a psychiatrist stated that she only became a pilot out of penis envy....and the B-52 was the biggest penis she could find. :D

What is it about a woman in a pick-up that seems to turn a guys head?

My brother has a Red 4x4 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad-Cab with a Cummins Diesel engine, tinted windows, a leveling kit, Steel Horse brush guard and 33-12.50 Tires. It’s the kind of truck that I need a running start just to get into the drivers seat. It’s a shweet ride that I like to call B.A.R.T. (Big @$$ Red Truck) and I luv driving it just because it’s so freakin huge that I’m almost eye 2 eye with 18-wheelers.:P

Er... being a little bit of a gear head, I think you answered your own question..... The truck will get any guy's attention by the way you describe it, and if it's a chick driving that's like instant woody! (She's hoe and she's got a trick ride DUDE!!!!!)

Marz

I own a 2002 Ram Quad Cab 4x4. And yeah I do get a lot of comments..(ie-Nice truck! or...chicks in trucks! sweet!..etc..)

I do agree that it gives off the look of confidence. I am a total truck chick, and you wouldn't catch me driving a car after having trucks. Its nice having people get the hell out of your way when they see the Ram symbol in thier rear view mirror! :D:D

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." -- Amelia Earhart

Most guys that drive big trucks are compensating. When a chick drives a big truck, what is she compensating for?

The only thing I was compensating for when I had my truck was my fear of dying! I'd just totalled my Olds Alero, which I absolutely adored, and nearly totalled myself in the process. After three days in the hospital and three weeks of excruciating pain, I bought a 97 Dodge Ram 1500, and for about two years, I felt MUCH safer. I felt that if I ever got into another accident, unless it was with an 18 wheeler, I couldn't lose!

Blondes do have more fun!