ChasingBlueSky

WFFC DZ.com big way attempt?

Was discussing with someone this weekend if there was going to be an attempt at the convention and on what day? I was also wondering (for safety reasons) who wanted to be on it and what experience level they had?

So, I'll start this list:

Personally, Sunday and/or Monday would be good days for me.

I have 450 jumps, best jump is a 2-point 36 way (also my largest formation), best jump this year is a 2-point 16 way. I have a few hundred 20+ ways under my belt as well.

I'll take a slot in the base!

Best this year is a choice of a 8 point 8 way with lots of block moves, a 6 point 10 way or a 1 point 28 way.

I've there the whole time so I'm up for anything at any time... (jump 600 will be in the convention some time so It would be WAY cool if we did a 20 way on or around it)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Damn...I wish I was going.....I would love to get in on that....

Ya never know.....

1 point 32 way, 2 point 30 way, and a bunch of 16 and twenty ways....heck, was on 4 16 ways this weekend...one of them was even a 3 pointer! and I was whiped out of the formation (great video of that) Got back and off we went! yee haw...

Oh yea...heh only 225 jumps thou....:)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Best this year is a choice of a 8 point 8 way with lots of block moves, a 6 point 10 way or a 1 point 28 way.

I've there the whole time so I'm up for anything at any time... (jump 600 will be in the convention some time so It would be WAY cool if we did a 20 way on or around it)

Hmm...28 way? B|

(guess this post made me an old hand as well)

If you guys need an extra set of eyes (camera), I would love to lurk the formation as flying a camera slot on formation dives is something I'd like to gain more experience at despite the fact that my first freefall love is freeflying. I've got about 200 camera jumps, most are from freeflying but some are lurking formation skydives. But I haven't done any sort of actual formation skydiving since the Eloy x-mas boogie and am likely not one of the more qualified formation skydivers for a DZ.COM big way. So I'd be better off lurking the formation with my camera. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Open on date/time.

Team Lightspeed will be setting the base -- it will be fast. If you want to try out for Team Lightspeed, that is you're built like a fireplug and fall like a lead-lined safe, see me or Kris and we will practice a couple times before the attempts. To paraphrase DJan last year, if we don't have a base, we don't have a chance!

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I'm going to be there from Monday afternoon to Friday morning and would love to try some bigger ways while I'm there.
3200+ jumps
largest successfull big way was 120 way
and was on a color concept jump thast turned 4 points on a 42 way
it will be loads of fun wether they work or not.

Open on date/time.

Team Lightspeed will be setting the base -- it will be fast. If you want to try out for Team Lightspeed, that is you're built like a fireplug and fall like a lead-lined safe, see me or Kris and we will practice a couple times before the attempts. To paraphrase DJan last year, if we don't have a base, we don't have a chance!

Consider me a shoe in for the base then. Rock solid on exits, fall rate on my belly from 115-150 (no weight vest needed).

Count on Michael and myself.

Michael falls fairly fast, so I'm going to volunteer him for the base.

I have a "little" bit of experience with big ways, so I "think" I can handle just about any slot.

We're there the whole time, so any day works.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Count on Scotty and me.

Great - it sounds like we should be able to put something together with video.

How about we plan on trying the actual attempt on Monday (4th), and if needed some practice jumps on Sunday(3rd)? Gather at the dz.com tent?

OK, who wants to pony up and take on the job of LO? If you don't plan this right from the get go, from the ground up it turns into a cluster fuck fast. At Perris we had excellent LO's and we nailed in on jump 2 and then moved onto a combined 27 way with another group of non Dz.commers. If this is done right we can more than likely beat the Perris record no problem as we have beau coup DZ.commers showing up
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I fully would like Scotty or the team of BillVon/Amy to organize us. B|

Do we dare try the Casa again or are we going to play it smarter and take the Otter? :ph34r:

A couple people have PM'd me wondering if I wanted to do the LO. I think I will have to pass on this since I believe that someone else could due a better and safer job than myself. I'll help with the cat herding that seems to go with organzing bigways at a boogie, and will be willing to do practice jumps with all those that want to be in the base so we can work on fall rates.

Not sure why the Casa or Skyvan wouldn't be a good idea? We could do a one plane shot with an attempt at breaking the record. Unless we have enough people with experience in a trail plane?

Does a Monday (the 4th) attempt sound like a plan? Start around 10am or so?

If you can't launch a chunk from a Casa, you're doing some thing wrong.

Agreed, tailgate chuncks are the easiest exits I have ever done, plus the divers usually can get out quicker so there isn't as much distance to travel.