jtval

Howard Stern

One other thing: Do we have to have one of the options in the poll: I hate his hook-nosed Jew guts.

That's quite a bit anti-semetic and probably offensive to quite a few people, myself...a Catholic...included.

Chris

read my first post again, chris. then we'll get back to this!
My photos

My Videos

Blame, blame, blame.....I find that very disturbing.
This thread wouldn't be so popular if there weren't so many HS haters....just a thought, and the "thinking' of today's society...what's wrong with 'free' thinking..."To each his own".....I find it very disturbing to have it any other way!

Jeez! Can't you guys get a different come back?? You just don't have a clue!! Yes, we're blaming Howard Stern in part for the cheapening of our society. Why is a society with values such a disdainful thing? I don't have any problem with "freethinking." I think for myself. Always have. We should all think for ourselves. What we are saying is that we should ALL be about the bettering of ourselves and of our society, not dragging it down with the kind of crap that HS spews on his show. THAT is true freethinking, to see the ultimate good in humanity and to act accordingly instead of finding such infantile humor in farting in someones face, groping women's breasts, HS saying that he'd like to f*ck that chick on his show or that she's too fat and needs to loose some weight. Give me a break!

-the artist formerly known as sinker

sinker,
ther eis nothing wrong with a society with values. there in even less wrong with a society with CHOICES. I dont understand why you sit and listen to the show that seemingly gets under your skin?

whether you realize it or not you are supporting him by tuning in
My photos

My Videos

One other thing: Do we have to have one of the options in the poll: I hate his hook-nosed Jew guts.

That's quite a bit anti-semetic and probably offensive to quite a few people, myself...a Catholic...included.

Edited to add: I did read your disclaimer in your first post and I know you are not at all anti-semetic. It is offensive though.

Chris

I'm not offended by the option on the poll....I think the offense should be taken on the people who actually chose that as an option.

how did he become an enemy? youve gotta be kidding. you sit and watch his show just so you can see how bad society has gotten? Pity is demeaning b/c it seems that you are trying to force your ideals on someone else. what you think is moral/immoral doesnt set the universal rule. thats a dictatorship. if it did then we wouldnt have murders and sex offenders etc.

He's an enemy to society in that what he does, specifically towards women which is the majority of his show, denegrates the good in humanity. No I don't just sit and watch to see how bad society has gotten. A lot of my graduate research was the media effect on sexual behavior. So many people think there isn't an effect. Sorry folks, yes there is. Shows like HS promote a sexual callousness towards women. If you can't see that then you are incredibly blind.

My pity doesn't come from seeing people who have different morals or ideals than me. There are fundamental, universal truths about humanity that were at one time held by the vast majority. Now days, not so much and that is a cause for great alarm. Some still hold, like murder. It's wrong to murder someone. Why is that? It's wrong to rape someone. And why is that? It's wrong to have sex with minors. Fancy a guess at why? I'm not talking about these things being illegal, I'm talking about them being immoral. Crimes against nature, not just jurisprudence. These things are wrong fundamentally because they deprive others of their freedom. They steal autonomy from their victims. And, to a degree largely unnoticed by today's society, the work of HS does much the same thing, mostly through promoting a mindset that it is ok to see women as mere objects for sexual gratification.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

chris,
I posted that choice b/c MANY people who call his show in anger use THOS EXACT WORDS. that is the way many people you disagree with him describe him.

I wasnt using that to demean anyone. I was quoting.
My photos

My Videos

. "When a gay turns his back on you, that's not an insult, it's an invitation!" Shrewd political commentary, or just trying to piss people off?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now a proud gay man would not take offense to this. Look at it this way. Imagine if a woman said, "if a guy looks down at you its not an insult he is just concealing his pleased smile after looking at your chest". Would that offend any heterosexual man? I don't think so. Also, I have never heard Rush make any derogatory remarks toward any race, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.

-------------------------------------------------------

there are plenty of people who agree with Howard Stern 97% of the time. Heck, there are plenty of people who want to BE Howard Stern.
---------------------------------------------------------
The difference there is that when someone agrees with Howard Stern, it is typically by coincidence. It is not due to the fact that they both gave a certain issue clear and concise consideration before arriving at a meaningful opinion. The reason for that is that Howard Stern does not give anything clear and concise consideration. Instead he speaks out of ignorance and constantly proves in disscussions that he really did not look at all the facts before forming his opinion.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

And, to a degree largely unnoticed by today's society, the work of HS does much the same thing, mostly through promoting a mindset that it is ok to see women as mere objects for sexual gratification.

I'm a woman, a HS listener, and I do NOT view women as mere objects for sexual gratification.

I could use the same case against organized religion drawing the weak minded.

a zealot is a zealot. no matter what clothes they wear.
the minded "FOLLOWERS" of HS may seem to act differently against women. I have no basis on this b/ c I havent met them.

but just like the weak minded religious "FOLLOWERS" will be blinded by many things b/c they werent told how to act differently.

those woman haters and wife beaters arent exlcusive to the HS radio fan. nor is he the enemy of the state.
if that were the case at least we could say he is NOT IN SHEEPS CLOTHING.
(I am referring to the scandals in churches)
My photos

My Videos

Now a proud gay man would not take offense to this. Look at it this way. Imagine if a woman said, "if a guy looks down at you its not an insult he is just concealing his pleased smile after looking at your chest

At least compare things that are vagely comparable.....

How would you find it if in a gay publication you read " if a straight man turns his back to you, its an invitation"...
Remster

Also, I have never heard Rush make any derogatory remarks toward any race, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.

you may hear thos ewords on the stern show but he does not use them. in fact when he does hear/air it he is exposing some freak in his audience and then follows up by not condoning it.

although, a word is just a word...its the asshole on the other end of it that makes it malicious!
My photos

My Videos

Unfortunately the women he degrades have no mind to know that is what is being done

I disagree...I think most of the women go there seeking HS's approval or 'rating'.....they may have no mind because they need approval...but they know what they are in for.

edit: Spelling retard

Inst he ha has-been already?

pretty much, but the media outlets already have so much invested in him they are keeping his "fame' alive with machines...

occasionally he's pretty funny, but thats true of anyone with good writers...mostly its just rehash reconstitute and regurgitate the same material from on place to the next...

>Imagine if a woman said, "if a guy looks down at you its not an
> insult he is just concealing his pleased smile after looking at your
> chest".

Uh, no. The equivalent would be "if a woman turns her back on you, she's not saying no, she's inviting you to bend her over!" Which you may believe if you want, but I don't.

>The reason for that is that Howard Stern does not give anything
>clear and concise consideration.

Based on his success, I would say he gives things quite clear and concise consideration. He is an expert at what he does, which is to be popular and therefore make a lot of money - just as Rush is.