jtval

Howard Stern

if you dont like him why do you care!

Why do I care?
I don't; I ignore him usually...but you brought up the topic, remember?;)
Just having my say!
(And by the way, I don't think a woman is going to flash ANYONE unless she's comfortable doing so!)

ok Im glad you cleared that up thanks!;)
My photos

My Videos

I don't like him. He is an idiot. Although I agree with him on many issues I find him ignorant and uninformed and because of that I find him to be holding back our side on issues in which I agree with him. I find him to be extremely jealous of Rush Limbaugh. Maybe I am talking more like 5 years ago but as I recall Rush Limbaugh had the undisputed highest ratings on talk radio and Howard Stern followed him. I think that Howard Stern should not have let this bother him because they had two very different talk shows. Howard Stern is more like a comedian and Rush is more somebody who knows what he is talking about and therefore has a serious show. But since Howard Stern couldn't see this clearly he chose to attack him with name calling, "Pumpkinhead" thereby pissing certain people off myself included.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

BillV has got the idea. if you dont like him why do you care!

I care because we are not all an "island". What people do, affects those around them. I really feel the standards of decency in society is plummeting at a rapid rate. I sit down to watch TV with my nieces and nephews and I cannot believe how many channels are not IMO suitable for them. Society's morals and ethics are plummeting into the gutter so fast these days and people accept it because of "freedom of speech". What ever happened to conducting oneself with class and decorum? If people don't think programs like Howard Stern and MTV are damaging to our youth, then they have their heads way up their asses.

I have often said that the greatest freedom we have in this country is the very freedom that will be so twisted and eventually lead to a big downfall. And that's "Freedom of Speech." Thanks to the ACLU we have folks like NAMBLA hiding behind this right.

Anyway, I could go on and on. It's just my opinion on the matter.

Cheers,
Chris

clam down or calm down? If it's calm, I am calm. It's just that crap like that gets on my nerves. Yeah, yeah, free society and all that. I'm not into censorship and all that. I just think it is really a sad commentary on our society that someone like Howard is so popular.

and don't even start on the whole "intolerance" argument. Why should people tolerate crap like Howards? "Just turn the channel"?? You bet I do... but lots of people don't. Are they free to watch it? Absolutely. And I rejoice in that freedom. BUT! That crap is harmful. It's demeaning to women and it anesthetizes men to who women really are. It fosters a perception that women are nothing but objects for men's gratification. And that, IMO, is one of the worst things that can happen to a society. And, you may say that the women who go on Howard's show WANT to be there, CHOOSE to be there. Yeah, you're right. All the more reason for us to pity THEM for not having a true picture of their dignity as women and for not respecting themselves enough to not be pieces of meat...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

IO know youre not suggesting to control what we hear and see but what other option is there with freedom? you cant restrict it. you can turn away, state your opinion and some can even rant and rave! thats part of the american gig.

but honestly, what do you think your granpaernts though of OUR generation? its part of growing up and seeing the world as it really is. you see things you disagree with and you see them more often.
as for your niece and nephews they dont see anything worng. that is THEIR new world. its hard to see them growin up in a society you dissagree with but you arent the 1st pewrson to feel that way. humanity will go on
My photos

My Videos

I'm not into censorship and all that.

Agreed; people have to be free to make their own choices, and people who choose to tolerate people like Stern are degrading society in general.

Okay, here it is. I've flipped by the show on TV showing what's going on with Stern's radio show. Have you seen the women who go on this show? Women with no self-respect, total fakes, and usually quite unintelligent!
Enough said, I'm not trying to attack people who like him, but don't try to take his side against me; you won't change my mind!

Blondes do have more fun!

ok so who would ask to get out at normal alt if someone flashed the pilot?

after all thats womenizing isnt it?

The idea is that you get something out of it; extra altitude is a GOOD thing. What GOOD do you get from Howard Stern degrading women?
Just a thought...

:oThis sounds a little like the same thing, to me.....I get a real GOOD laugh from HS....just like extra altitude is a GOOD thing (which makes me laugh, too)

yes it was CALM down sorry I typo ALOT!:ph34r:

but just as you see one side of the spectrum on this topic others see it differently.

in my eyes, there is nothing more demeaning then pity! these ppl are free thinking and free willed. you may not understand their desire to do the things they do. hell sometimes niether do I. I dont pity these people who are doing this out of thier own free will
My photos

My Videos

I didn't mean that el diablo was behind his show... but if sinister is the word you want to use, so be it. What I meant was that shows like his has an effect on others. It cheapens society. Just as more uplifting shows that extol that which is good in humanity enrich society.

>What people do, affects those around them.

Well, right. But I place most of the blame for people like Howard Stern on his listeners. His audience is why he gets on the air so much, is paid so much, and is paid attention to so much. Without listeners he would be less popular than Stephen Jay Gould.

Okay, here it is. I've flipped by the show on TV showing what's going on with Stern's radio show. Have you seen the women who go on this show? Women with no self-respect, total fakes, and usually quite unintelligent!
Enough said, I'm not trying to attack people who like him, but don't try to take his side against me; you won't change my mind!

those are the time fillers you are talking about. yes some of them are "DREGS OF SOCIETY" as it was worded but you can honestly tell me the carney wilson is a morally corrupt celebrity. or kerri kasem(daughter of CASEY, who , by the way is no angel)
they are what I am guessing you would consider normal people.
(kerri kasem has her own radio show)
hes had them on the show.and even carney was showing her boobs
My photos

My Videos

Well, right. But I place most of the blame for people like Howard Stern on his listeners. His audience is
why he gets on the air so much, is paid so much, and is paid attention to so much. Without listeners he
would be less popular than Stephen Jay Gould.

You're exactly right!!! If people didn't listen to him, he'd be useless. A nobody. If the people want trash, they'll get trash.

Well, right. But I place most of the blame for people like Howard Stern on his listeners. His audience is why he gets on the air so much, is paid so much, and is paid attention to so much. Without listeners he would be less popular than Stephen Jay Gould.

Which should tell you something about the "thinking" of society today. I personally find it very disturbing.

Chris

close but youre slightly wrong, Bill

its those who hoot and holler that get him the ratings. if it was just his fans then they would eventually collapse in on themselves. bu twhen the outside group tries to control it then it fuel the debate etc and peopel tune in to see what the fuss is about.
how do you think eminem go tso popular
My photos

My Videos

but just as you see one side of the spectrum on this topic others see it differently. in my eyes, there is nothing more demeaning then pity! these ppl are free thinking and free willed. you may not understand their desire to do the things they do. hell sometimes niether do I. I dont pity these people who are doing this out of thier own free will

Why is pity demeaning? We SHOULD feel sorry for people who are doing things that go against their very nature as human beings. Yes, they are free thinking and free willed. But that isn't the end all-be all of human existance. It is only when one free chooses to act with the dignity that is proper to a human being that we truly fulfill ourselves. Just because you can fart in a naked chicks face while she tries to tell you how hot you are doesn't mean that you SHOULD do that. (Yes, I've seen his show. It's important to know the language of your enemies) I CAN drink myself into oblivion, but is that acting in accordance with who I am as a PERSON? Hell no. And that deserves pity.

Have you listened to Rush Limbaugh before? Pissing off the liberal left, yeah he does that. But his main reason for popularity is for his representation of the silent majority. Many people love him. I love him. I have a picture with him at his TV show in 95. If I had a scanner I would post it online. I am so fond of him because before him I never could find another person addressing political issues that I agreed with 97% of the time. Now times have changed a little and a lot of conservatives have come out of the closet. Now we have Bill O'reilly, Sean Hannity, Neal Cavuto, hmm we still don't have enough representation. Well thank god for FOX news. Anyway Rush Limbaugh started it all.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Which should tell you something about the "thinking" of society today. I personally find it very disturbing.

Chris

Blame, blame, blame.....I find that very disturbing.

This thread wouldn't be so popular if there weren't so many HS haters....just a thought

and the "thinking' of today's society...what's wrong with 'free' thinking..."To each his own".....I find it very disturbing to have it any other way!

Why is pity demeaning? We SHOULD feel sorry for people who are doing things that go against their very nature as human beings. Yes, they are free thinking and free willed. But that isn't the end all-be all of human existance. It is only when one free chooses to act with the dignity that is proper to a human being that we truly fulfill ourselves. Just because you can fart in a naked chicks face while she tries to tell you how hot you are doesn't mean that you SHOULD do that. (Yes, I've seen his show. It's important to know the language of your enemies) I CAN drink myself into oblivion, but is that acting in accordance with who I am as a PERSON? Hell no. And that deserves pity.

how did he become an enemy? youve gotta be kidding. you sit and watch his show just so you can see how bad society has gotten?
Pity is demeaning b/c it seems that you are trying to force your ideals on someone else.
what you think is moral/immoral doesnt set the universal rule. thats a dictatorship.
if it did then we wouldnt have murders and sex offenders etc.
I dont listen to rush b/c to me he seems one sided.
(plus we dont have him out here) I listened to him for a while and while he did discuss political views they were his views. didnt seem to approach them with eqaul coverage of both sides. I dont HATE him or think he is the enemy I simply found a few places that seem to be openminded to listen to my news
My photos

My Videos

One other thing: Do we have to have one of the options in the poll: I hate his hook-nosed Jew guts.

That's quite a bit anti-semetic and probably offensive to quite a few people, myself...a Catholic...included.

Edited to add: I did read your disclaimer in your first post and I know you are not at all anti-semetic. It is offensive though.

Chris

>But his main reason for popularity is for his representation of the silent majority.

Oh please. He gets ratings by calling Chelsea Clinton the "white house dog." He baits homosexuals and women's-rights advocates constantly. "When a gay turns his back on you, that's not an insult, it's an invitation!" Shrewd political commentary, or just trying to piss people off?

I read his first book; he is obviously a very smart guy. Smart enough to realize that he can make a lot of money by pissing off people, so that's what he does. A lot of conservatives (yourself included) seem to like nothing better than hearing someone else slam liberals. Hence his popularity.

>I am so fond of him because before him I never could find another
>person addressing political issues that I agreed with 97% of the time.

No problem there; there are plenty of people who agree with Howard Stern 97% of the time. Heck, there are plenty of people who want to BE Howard Stern.