jtval

Howard Stern

I'm a woman, a HS listener, and I do NOT view women as mere objects for sexual gratification.

well good for you. first of all, it's harder for women to fall into that trap. second of all, I've been speaking in generalizations, not to specific people. the real question is, do you find it entertaining, what he does to women on his show, or do you find it repulsive? Or are you indifferent to it?

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I could use the same case against organized religion drawing the weak minded. a zealot is a zealot. no matter what clothes they wear. the minded "FOLLOWERS" of HS may seem to act differently against women. I have no basis on this b/ c I havent met them. but just like the weak minded religious "FOLLOWERS" will be blinded by many things b/c they werent told how to act differently. those woman haters and wife beaters arent exlcusive to the HS radio fan. nor is he the enemy of the state. if that were the case at least we could say he is NOT IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. (I am referring to the scandals in churches)

I can't say that I am surprised that you brought religion into this. I for one have not been arguing against HS b/c of religious beliefs. Sure, my particular religious beliefs are in synch w/ what I've been saying, but that isn't the basis for my fight here. I've been coming at this from a humanistic/phenomenological perspective that is perceivable to all human beings. You don't have to belong to an organized religion to conclude that murder, rape, and incest are wrong. Nor do you have to belong to one to be against dregs of humanity like HS.

You are right, that religion does draw some people who are weak minded. But religion doesn't ONLY draw the weak minded nor are all who are drawn to religion weak minded. And I haven't called HS fans his "followers." What I've been saying is that his show has a detrimental effect on society which most people ignore b/c it makes money or b/c it's entertaining or...

I wonder, JT, are you calling me a zealout? You may not be but it is funny how such labels are so quickly stuck on people like me who argue such positions. And you are right... women haters and wife beaters aren't exclusive to HS's "followers." They're relatively ubiquitous in our society, IN PART, due to the entertainment industry of which HS is a good example. There are other reasons for this as well, but the entertainment industry feeds on the depravity of humanity.

And you'll get no argument from me about sheeps in wolves clothing, referring to the scandals in the churches, especially the Catholic church and the priest scandals. In my opinion, those priests are INFINATELY WORSE than HS. I agree w/ you, at least HS isn't hiding behind anything. Those priests were. I cannot imagine a crime against humanity more dispicable than what pedophilic priests have done to children. I'm not for capital punishment, but these cases make me seriously want to reconsider my opinion...

He is an expert at what he does, which is to be popular and therefore make a lot of money

I agree that he is an expert at what he does. He's an expert at exporting via airwaves and tv waves a form of entertainment that is more damaging than beneficial. He does not care about the damage he may be doing. He cares about the money. Just like NAMBLA are experts at what they do. Ah, but what the hell, freedom of speech, right?

I'll reiterate what I said before, Freedom of Speech is wonderful, but what goes with it has to be personal responsibility. Remember the old saying our parents hopefully taught us; "If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all."

Chris

. the real question is, do you find it entertaining, what he does to women on his show, or do you find it repulsive?

I don't find that he does anything to women on his show. These women choose to do it to themselves.

People come on the Jay Leno show to advertise a movie that they are in, or an album, or an appearance. Women choose to go on the HS show to receive cash or website publicity. They understand the format and what is expected. It is ok with them and it is how they choose to run their life whether others think it is demeaning.

I've gotta respond as I read your post so I dont mistaken.

NO i wasnt callin YOU a zealot. I was merely trying to pose the comparison between two walks of life with tha tsame outcome when you introduce a weak mind!
I wasnt sayin you were weak minded either;)

the reason why I chose the religios aspcet is due to many people thinkits Too sacred to be corrupt.
and if you look hard enough we all have a certain level of hypocrisy.

but I must say I thought you were saying the HS was the fault for societies downfall. those failures have been there generations before he got here
My photos

My Videos

yep, at lunch, but will be checking back off and on... this conversation is just too much fun!!!! to miss it!!!

yes it was very fun!;)

just so th eonlookers dont get confused.... it is ok if we disagree. as long as we put the crayons away where were done playinB|
My photos

My Videos

the reason why I chose the religios aspcet is due to many people thinkits Too sacred to be corrupt.
and if you look hard enough we all have a certain level of hypocrisy.

but I must say I thought you were saying the HS was the fault for societies downfall. those failures have
been there generations before he got here

oh, I totally agree! We have our hypocrisies and HS is not the antichrist. nothing new under the sun. But he surely is contributing, not helping humanity be the best it can be.

I don't find that he does anything to women on his show. These women choose to do it to themselves.

that almost doesn't deserve a response. because they choose it doesn't make it any less demeaning to them?

oh yeah, it's all good! I love debates. Esp the really spirited ones. You've always seemed to me to be fun and laid back and very friendly and this HS thread has done nothing to change that opinion.

;)

because they choose it doesn't make it any less demeaning to them?

If you talk to women in the sex industry, they believe that they are ahead of the game. They recieve money for their looks and bodies. "Look at me, I get money for doing nothing but being pretty and naked." I can't make the decision of what is demeaning to them. They are on the show because it is business.

People just seem to like seeing other people naked.

hey jt... you still live in NYC? I'm up there for business all the time... we should hook up and have a drink

nope Im in Vegas. I go home a few times a year.
I always post my travles though so next tim eyou see it lemme know (hint look foro one in august)
My photos

My Videos