AndyMan

Schwarzenegger

president lies to Congress.

If he's a Democrat: He's a lying criminal who should be impeached!
If he's a Republican: He was just trying to do the right thing in the face of foolish Congressional opposition.
--------------------------------------------------------
that is pretty much what happened if you compare Iran/Contra scandal to Clintons many mishaps (whitewater, filegate, and perjury)
================================
A president prevents World War III.

Democrat: He was a coward who turned his back on the issue.
Republican: He's a hero who saved the western world.

-------------------------------------------------------
Thats too funny. If Kennedy would have kept his promise to the Cubans that would have brought us into World War III. But the fact that right after that he sent troops 12K miles to fight a useless battle in Vietnam where they were not even allowed to go in and win and that this didn't start WW III proves that this is a frivolous liberal arguement.
==================================
A president funds terrorists.

Democrat: He is as big a threat as the terrorists themselves.
Republican: That's old news; there's no way to know what those people will do anyway.
------------------------------------------------
I hadn't even mentioned this because this is still history in the making. The only time I ever remember standing behind anything Clinton ever did was in 1998 when he stood up to the Iraqis because they were not allowing the inspections to go foward. But being the Democrat that he is/was ofcourse he could not go through with it and do the right thing and finish the job.
=============================
A president is impeached.

Democrat: He is an embarrassement to the country.
Republican: He is an honorable man unfairly slighted by the evil investigators.

---------------------------------------------
That pretty much the way it happened. The only other president impeached in history was Andrew Johnson. Honestly I don't even know all the specifics there since it was so long ago. BTW Nixon was not impeached, he resigned before it happened.
==============================
A president starts a war that ends badly.

Democrat: He's a monster who killed thousands of innocent people.
Republican: Hey! He's defending democracy against the commies/the terrorists/the evil empire/the evil guys du jour.

--------------------------------------------------------
I am curious as to what War you can think of that a Republican lead us into that we didn't win. Fact there is no such war. But yes Vietnam was a terrible mistake on Kennedy's part and many innocent people lost their lives for no good reason there. Johnson on the other hand is a spineless jellyfish who made no such mistake there. No his wife owned a helicopter company that was making a fortune out of the slaughter of young Americans there.
==============================
A president wins an election under questionable circumstances.

Democrat: He was a criminal who stole the election.
Republican: Hey! The people have spoken! You got a problem with democracy?

-----------------------------------------------------
Lets see here Kennedy stole votes to win the 1960 election. Al Gore tried to steal votes to win the 2000 election. That fact that Bush had indeed won was a sign that the people had spoken. But that was not enough for Gore they had to turn try to steal this through hanging chads and throwing away military ballots because they knew the military voted 80% Republican.
=====================================
A president wins the Nobel Peace Prize.

Democrat: That stupid committee doesn't know anything.
Republican: (doesn't apply)

-------------------------------------------------
Jimmy Carter goes to North Korea to stike a stupid deal there in 1994. The North Koreans laugh at him as he convinces the current administration to provide assistance to them in building a "nuclear electric powerplant". The idiots from the nobel peace prize award him for that. Later we find out that the North Koreans have not in anyway kept there part of the agreement but now have Nuclear weapons thanks to Carter.

I am sorry if this sounds unpleasant but its not to late for you. You don't have to be on the loosing side. Reagan used to be a Democrat when he was younger but as he got older he got wiser and so can you.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

No.

What's the difference in "agents" and "staffers"? A fresh approach could work. History seems to showing that most of the established politicians aren't getting the job done.

It does say something that he has been able to manage his affairs and grow his business from the ground up.

Davis didn't create this problem all by himself, it will take a different person to fix it.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

What the state of California needs is not simply an outsider -- but rather a politician (yes, that's a requirement of the job) that knows economic issues.

Still looking over the candidates for this election (tonight, we still don't know the whole group that will be on the ballot).

However, perhaps Arnold's having a University Bachelor's Degree in Business and International Economics gives him some insight. That's more than some posters here.

See: http://www.digitalhit.com/cr/arnoldschwarzenegger

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Umm Arnold is a politician. Has been for years. His family and his inlaws are all politicians. His influence is enormous, and he is well respected. What more can you ask for?

Blue FFS,

Can U please cut this shit out. Your only backing Arnie cause you fantasize about him all the time. Think with yer other head for a change ....lmao

Sure Arnie has been a politician, but only an armchair one- a Monday Mornig quaterback, a backseat driver- put him i the driver's seat and it's anyone's guess.

But what makes Arnie the worst choice of all is (uh, oh, here we go) is that he is a REPUBLICAN. Now, all of you out there who are Repubs don;t start screaming- maybe where you live that works, but California- a state of only 30 million people yet somehow the sixth largest economy in the world on its own- is overwhelmingly Democratic- and wheremost of thatmoneyis made, in Northern California- Repubs barely exist. The reason? Because open minded people are SMARTER then that. Whenever these goddammned REPUBLICANS get into office here with their silly curtailing of rights and gay bashing and anti-feminist TRIPE people just move to Portland or Seattle where they won;t be told that they can;t suck another man's dick in private unless the SWAT team gets to kick down the door in the middle of the act.

Republicans Maybe...but in CALIFORNIA? No fucking way...go back to North Carolina where you belong, where those small town church values are consistent with yours. I don;t believe marijuana dealers should be doing hard time in cells next to convicted murderers and rapists, no matter what our good REPUBLICAN friend Arnold thinks.

OK, flame me now!!

It feels good to be back!!!!

Hope you don't get Banned!

OK, flame me now!!

I won't... but I would like to point out that 'Arnie' is a moderate Republican. I'm not a resident of CA (Michigan boy here), grew up in the most up-tight Republican county in the state and tend to be even -more- conservative than some folk around here. To me CA is a tree-hugging-hippy state. Heck, Arnie is a bit of a do-gooder-liberal to me.

I know exactly the type of people you're speaking of but I would highly doubt that Arnold really gives a rat's behind about gays or wants to infrige on anybody's rights in a crackdown. His issue is the economy and as somebody else here pointed out he's got a BS in the matter. Maybe he'll fix it, maybe he won't but that's his goal.

Heck, if he wanted the Republican vote out there he'd platform to remove some of the idiotic gun restriction laws out there; but he's not. AFAIK he's said he'll just leave them as they are. It's not an issue to him.

He's a little on the right side vs. the left but he's certainly not way out there on the right like Rush Limbaugh, Pat Buchanan, or me. :)

Blue that's cool, but we just CAN'T be moderate; this is CALI after all! :-)

GigaBuist- sure we are hippies but we also are the people that invented this here Internet you are using and put the majority of probes into outer space, created a lot of the technology this world uses, blah- blah blah.......so give us some credit! :-) I just don't assume that since you're a right wing Michigan boy that you think Ted Nugent is God or that you are part of some racist militia....

Ok, I admitt, I'm PMSin.... I better shut it b4 its too late!!!![:/]

Hope you don't get Banned!

Article

The man even admits he knows nothing about the current state issues.

Oh, THAT'S just great.

GWB comes out and says silly things ("I think it's interesting," Bush said. "I'm a follower of American politics.") and then his spokes weasles have to backpeddle for him.

Nice non-endorsement there too.

Funny as hell -- well, going there anyway -- in a handbasket.

Of the people I see right now, the person I'd be most interested in would be Peter Ueberroth, running as an inde.

Article
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

GigaBuist- sure we are hippies but we also are the people that invented this here Internet you are using and put the majority of probes into outer space, created a lot of the technology this world uses, blah- blah blah.......so give us some credit!

Actually, the internet was developed by BBN in Massachusettes, a predecessor to DARPAs project, the ARPANet was the first piece of what became the Internet. The first email was sent there too, and the ubiquitous "@" sign we all love, was there too. In fact, so was the first router...hmmm

Now, as for the rest of the California stuff, I'm all about it...this place rocks.

I am undecided about Schwarzeneggar. His leadership and charisma commands a great deal of respect in my opinion. I want to learn more about what he would do in the first week in office (i.e. repeal the triple car tax, demand a balanced budet a-la McClintock).

Simon, no.
McClintock, strong-Maybe
Schwarzeneggar, strong-Maybe

I disagree with Quade's assessments. Non-career politicians usually have the greatest impact, and usually greatest positive impact too. Non-career politicians are also an important part of the process to get some fresh blood in a stale environment.

I may lean "right-of-center" but the Dems really screwed themselves in California this time. The circus isn't the recall, the circus is this mad spending binge that has us where we are. Since 2001, tax revenues are up 25% (even with the recession) but spending is up 40%. This is spending that the legislature passed, and Davis signed into law. Add the major fauz-pas of the democratic meeting in Sacramento that was broadcast throughout the capitol, stating to the effect that "it is to our advantage to stall this budget" or whatever.

They will get no sympathy from me, and their actions to date only serve to push me further to the "right".
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

and all along ive voted republician simply because i like to think for myself and keep government as far out of my life as possible...

perhaps if the Dems figured out they dont need to shepard absolutely everyone they might win more often...

"one rule for lion and lamb is oppression. -W.Blake"

Pretty funny. Though, if you take humor aside, it rings familiar with some history. Take JFK for instance: Ferocious anti-communist, praises those of the era that were equally so. His ideology was spot-on. But his actions were half measures, began involvement in Vietnam, that would tear the country apart for decades after he would be gone. He trained, funded and deployed Cuban nationals to take Castro out of power, and at the hour of the Bay of Pigs, he withdraws the air-cover that would've prevented the slaughter it was. Then, the crown jewel, the Cuban Missile Crisis. I won't say he did it under duress, but the private assurance to remove our Jupiter missiles from Turkey comes as close as possible. Kruschev wouldn't have dreamt of trying that play if Nixon were in office at the time.

I do not doubt JFKs desire to do right for an instant, but he application of his will upon the world was not representative of that desire.

Now, this is not a direct comparison, but in terms of critical events, GWB has expressed the same convictions on these issues (IMO) and has exercised far more decisive actions as a result, with real results.

I read as much news as I can, I am seeing no offers for solutions from the "left" I only see the declaration of "we need to fix ...x.x.x." with out explaining, the "How".

Now, California is going to undergo massive spending cuts, I hope. Why? What do we do when money is tight, and there's no credit available? We spend less right? We take care of the necessities right? Right...:P
Make light!

and all along ive voted republician simply because i like to think for myself and keep government as far out of my life as possible...

perhaps if the Dems figured out they dont need to shepard absolutely everyone they might win more often...

Hmmmm...we agree, again, Zen. Blue-eyed also makes a whole lot of sense...

Let's put it this way -- to date, -I- have as much experience as Arnold and I'm pretty damn sure a lot of folks wouldn't want -me- in office.

Q-Dog,

Regardless of experience, I believe The Terminator can get the job done, whereas you might get it done. I think you still have until 5pm tomorrow if you want to try.:o:ph34r: What's more shocking? That fact that Arnold is running for governor or the fact that Davis isn't cutting it?

I guess that's why it's going to the voters. Hell, even Gary Coleman stated he's voting for Arnold.:D

I won't... but I would like to point out that 'Arnie' is a moderate Republican. I'm not a resident of CA (Michigan boy here), grew up in the most up-tight Republican county in the state and tend to be even -more- conservative than some folk around here. To me CA is a tree-hugging-hippy state. Heck, Arnie is a bit of a do-gooder-liberal to me.

yep only on the left coast. But I think he'll win. He has got to be better than what they have now. Some day the dems will learn taxing the working people into poverty does not work.

Californians, let's face it.

To fix the problems of this state there will have to be pain. There will have to be budget cuts. There will have to be state layoffs. And there will be withdrawal symptoms for a while, maybe years.

What this administration lacked was long term vision. The heroin junkie lacked long-term vision. To quit the smack, there will be short-term agony. But, in the long term, the junkie will be far better off.

Such is the situation with California. The current administration, along with the legislature, got us into this mess. Arnold probably doesn't care about being re-elected. This is why he will be good.

He'll make the cuts, he'll cause the pain. And we'll be better off in the long run. As much as anybody, a professional bodybuilder would know this. Without years of feeling the burn, he would not have built his muscles. Short-term pain, long term gain.

Peter Ueberroth is an interesting choice.

But, I think Tom McClintock is THE man. Now I must say that Paul Quade won't get my write-in vote. I met Tom in 1992, having no idea who he was. I have never been as impressed with anyone before him. I've talked to him a couple of times since then, and followed him. I dont' agree with him on everything, but he's also the guy who has the ideas for solving the budget, and doing it right.

Tom will commit political suicide. And in 20 years, he'll be thought of rather highly if he make governor.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Well written. I too am torn between McClintock and the Terminator. However, McClintock does not have the "war" chest to run an effective campaign and that concerns me. I hope he may consider Issa's suggestion that the Republicans are well represented and may want to retire from the race. You have a semi popular conservative (Simon) and a popular moderate (Schwarzeneggar). Personally, I would like to see the Republican ticket do the opposite of the Dems, consolidate versus fragment.
Make light!

The conservatives do need to consolidate. I spoke with Bill Simon about three months ago. He's a nice guy with good ideas, but he just is not a strong candidate. He stayed clear of this recall stuff as it was going on, for fear of sounding like "sour grapes" as he put it.

We also know that Cruz Bustamante has been DYING to run for governor. He doesn't like Davis much, and he views this as his chance.

The best part about this runoff is that there is no need for a huge war chest. Shawn Steele, the past chair of the Republicans, told me bakc when I met Simon that the benefit of the recall in October would be a short two month campaign. This means less spending, and more bang for the buck.

So, McClintock may get some votes. Not enough to win, but the recall is honestly a rather efficient way to campaign.

I guess that is one thing about downtown LA I'll miss. I won't be rubbing shoulders with those cats who know what's really going on behind the scenes.

And those guys just make me more glad I'm a Libertarian.

My wife is hotter than your wife.