lizzieb

My Dad may be closer....

to making a skydive!!!!

he called me last week for Hollister's phone # because a colleague of his wants to do AFF.

he called me this moring because the chairman of his dept. wants to go skydiving with his son.

seems the idea of jumping out of a plane is contagious in his building! i asked him if he would consider going now that his so called "normal co-workers" were going to try it. his response was a "we'll see" rather that the usual "when hell freezes over" answerB|B|B|

Hey that's cool! I was talking to my mom over dinner last night and asked her when she was going to do a tandem. She replied "when you get your masters degree" Do'h! I haven't even started on it yet. ;);)

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I keep trying to talk everyone I know into at least doing a tandem...a lot of them want to but it's a money thing. The others, especially family members are always like "have you completely lost your mind?!"

Blondes do have more fun!

My Mom came out and watched me land a couple times last weekend, and watched some videos and stills I'd shot. I was surprised at that much.

Neither of my parents will ever do a skydive. But they're happy it makes me so happy, so I'll take that. :)

that's cool, i've done most of my jumps with my father. we started on my 18th birthday and have jumped together since, its the best!!!

My mom has done two tandems and even my grandfather for his 76th birthday:)
good luck:)

My dad was airborne. He did a couple sport jumps as part of approving the RRMC jump club ~1984-85. My sister has a couple tandems and an AFF. Mom has none, although she talked about a tandem at the wedding last year. Dad could probably be convinced to do AFF, but he thinks he doesn't have the upper body strength any more. I told him he's thinking about the requirements for military jumps. Most civvie jumpers would not qualify!

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

naw...i would never force anyone into jumping, especially not my parents. skydiving is something you gotta be ready to do. i want him to really WANT to go, you know what i mean?:)

Lizzie, I would think that if maybe he knows that you paid the jump (credit to your account), it could be the last motivational hurdle for him to cross, in making this decision, he can either decline or take it, particularl if his coworkers will be there a certain day...
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

naw...i would never force anyone into jumping, especially not my parents. skydiving is something you gotta be ready to do. i want him to really WANT to go, you know what i mean?:)

Lizzie, I would think that if maybe he knows that you paid the jump (credit to your account), it could be the last motivational hurdle for him to cross, in making this decision, he can either decline or take it, particularly if his coworkers will be there a certain day...

yes, i understand that rational, and i agree it would probably work for most people...
-that being said-

my dad is definitely not most people...were gonna have to take baby steps here :)

that's cool that your dad is willing to experience something that you love. my father is curious, but he's too big to go through the course or make a tandem. and he's not capable of losing the 20 lbs (he would look too skinny; he use to wrestle in college) so that stinks. plus, i don't know if of any other dz's in kansas that have a weight limit around 240 lbs.

You could have him talk to my dad... he did one when I was visiting Lake Wales this spring & he's 55 and LOVED it!! Now I know what to get him for x-mas every year.
And when he visits me in Chicago, he wants to go to the dz to 'see that crazy swooping stuff'. :) dad's are cool!!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

My mom loved it when she went... Another one hooked!! I think she'd do it again if her and my dad were in a better financial situation. My dad says it is his turn next. If I can get him to come to AZ it will be all set up!!! :ph34r:

take the time to appreciate the people around you.