quade

* U.S. Government D.O.T. attempts to HALT RW!

Clay? Remember posting this?

.......See a skygod or two come in when one has to walk
over to the other and start a fight over who did what in the air.
Thats fine, and I have certainly seen plenty of situations where
people needed an ass chewing but lets not do it in front of
non-jumping spectators. This looks terribly unproffessional and
doesnt do anything to promote the sport when the "pro's" have to
throw punches on the DZ. Take it out behind the hangar!

How many people do you think read that?
How about keeping consistent? This is a public forum, right? And there are whuffos and wannabe's reading this. Isn't that a lot like your comment "non-jumping spectators"? So, if you really must continue with this, how about taking it - uh - "behind the hangar".
ciel bleu-
Michele

You know what I love even more than a hundred jump wonder, is a hundred jump wonder who is so insecure that he/she has to threaten violence. Hey, do you think your brother could beat up my brother?
I think this forum has remained pretty cool, considering how immature we as skydivers can be. I, personally, find it insulting when someone gets on here and tries their best to turn it into the newest rec.
Although I don't feel like responding to this moronic post, I have to make an attempt at helping you understand what it is we are talking about here....
What Skybytch has done is something that we like to refer to as exaggeration....it's supposed to be funny. What has happened is that it has turned into something serious. Yes, a belly flier can stay with freefliers in certain situations. I, being 6'2" and 170 lbs. have stayed with people in a sit with a little bit of work. I have also seen people in a head down flying no contact with larger people in a hard arch. If you are talking about a full speed freefly dive, I would have to agree with you, that a belly flier would not be likely to be able to catch you.
What you did in your post after Skybytch telling you about Dave's dive was have your 70 something jumps explain to someone with hundreds of jumps, and someone with thousands of jumps, why they misunderstood what was happening during a skydive. Forgive me, but you came off like a pompous ass. Dave's point in stating his number of jumps was to clarify exactly how ridiculous it is for you and your skydiving infancy to "explain", in a pretty condescending manner, what a hybrid skydive is to someone who did this skydive before you probably even considered making a sport parachute jump.
As far as belly flying being gay, when you get a lot more jumps, and you are capable of doing more than exit an aircraft, flail with your friends, pull, flare, and land, then I would like to have you come back here, and give your opinion regarding belly fliers. If at that point you would still like to maintain your position that they are gay, then so be it. I think it's funny, though, when someone with, for all intents and purposes, no experience, comes off telling the world that the roots of the sport he loves is gay. Oh, and does that mean that the Golden Knights are gay as well, and Airspeed, and Joe Jennings, because he films on his belly sometimes?
I don't know why I hope so much that you will understand, because no amount of talking will ever change a "hundred jump wonder". You will figure it out someday, when you have 500, 1000, or more jumps. You will see someone on a forum, or at a drop zone, he/she will be acting like an ass, you will say, "don't they only have something like 75 jumps?", and then it will occur to you that you used to be like that. You will then hang your head for a moment in embarrassment, and then thank god that you have grown out of that part of your life.
I hope, for your sake, that this happens sooner than later.
Blue Skies,
Steve

Hey,
Anybody want a beer???? Who is actually faster is a moot point...... The idea is to jump with your friends, whether it's freefly, rw, and crw. I jump in all those *disciplines* and subsuquently have a lot of friends. And someday I hope to obtain the Millenium Award (or whatever you call it. Already got all the rw and crw(daytime) awards.)

Golden Knights are gay as well, and Airspeed, and Joe Jennings,
yes,yes and double yes have you seen the gay stuff they do oh lets throw cars out of planes, lets do diamond tracks, lets be some of the most respected jumpers in the world, lets make one of the best vids ever ,,,,,,,,,, yep all gay
by the way im being sarcastic
everyone settle down whats the argument about belly flyen IS freeflyen. a true freelyer can fly in ALL body positions including rel.
a word of advice dont start swearing/being cruel to the ladies on here anyone remember sis and wasup :-)

I'm with Shark on this one. The rest of you can pretty much kiss my ass. If you meet me at the DZ some day just smile and wave, confident in the knowledge that you know more than me and because I'm an asshole I wont benefit from your wealth of knowledge and I cant bask in your greatness. I really dont give a fuck. Have a nice day
"Blow me where the Pampers is" -Name that movie
Clay

"We were averaging 145 air speed"
Back to the original intent of the thread. If anything, that jump would be a testiment to the skill of the Free Fliers to go that slow. Doing 145 on your belly aint too hard in my book.
"Show me your Tits" -Me
Clay

I'm staying out of the whole dispute here....but I would like to point out one thing. Actually, the original intent of the thread was that the DOT is after us, and needs to be stopped. Can't we all just work together to stop them from limiting our enjoyment of the sport?
Someone mentioned earlier that they're only trying to stop 2, 3, and 4 way. But I saw a sign the other day that said STOP and underneath it said "all ways". Hell, that could be interpreted to include freeflying by some courts!!!! So we should all work together, put on our tin foil hats and stop the government conspiracy!!!!!!!!!
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

Wow! Another Titus fan! I don't know ANYONE else who has even *seen* that movie, much less like it! When I get back from Quincy I should rent it again. It rates up there with my other fave movies(although the list is really long): Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Sixteen Candles, and The Breakfast Club!! OH and let's not forget Office Space!! (By the way, has anyone seen my RED STAPLER??!!)
Sis
Before you judge me, take a look at you...

The sign was place by County government, not federal. Keep your conspiracy theories closer to home. You've got some 4-way haters in your Department of Public Works.

July 6, slowest fall rate: 88mph vertical in track

July 13, fastest vertical fall rate head-down: 205.

I am very, very gay. Ask my wife.

Lisa? What makes a woman's front yard "altitude worthy" or whatever you said?

Decaf might be a good idea. Maybe Zoloft.

Well.. I won't be at the dz this weekend but there are people around who can verify the fact that my tits are extra-altitude worthy...

hey skybytch , got any pics to back this up ? ;)

"Trust your Rigger with your Life , but not your Beer or your Wife !"

Yep...I remember that. Clashing with those people from California. I still don't like em but I have learned to tolerate them as I get older. ;)

Also note that you will not be admitted into SoCal until you become a member of SOS.:ph34r:

Lisa? What makes a woman's front yard "altitude worthy" or whatever you said?

SIM Section 2.4.676.3.2.7 (a) (1) (C)

Female skydivers shall present their front yard to the pilot for inspection. If the pilot deems the 'front yard' acceptable, the pilot is thus obligated to increase the exit altitude by an altitude not less than 1000', but not more than the maximum allowable without oxygen, if oxygen systems are not available and operational on the aircraft ;)

--
Hook high, flare on time