PhillyKev

Best DZ to spend a week at?

Heather - I'm a Zhills girl and have never been to Deland either. Maybe once I'm mended we can go on a field trip! I've heard it's a great place but you should bring a friend. Perfect!
I've never been to Lost Prairie either, but that definitely gets my vote. I plan on going this year. Even if you go alone you will meet tons of new people and probably a lot of us too! In reality, are you ever alone at any dz?
dove

Let me know whenever your road trip will be, Dove and Heather. I'll jump with you, and I bet we could get Carrie to join us too! Guess what? I've never been to Z-hills. You'd think our dz's were a million miles away or something!
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

Aside from the fact that the scenery is freakin spectacular and that it's warmer there than here right now, jumping in Chile (the dz i jumped at) is like a c-182 operating skydiving club. Really laid back and fun, but don't count on making too many skydives because it works really slllllllllooooooooooooowwwlllyyyyyyyyyyy....
Still, I got to jump in a foreign country!
blue skies
Tomas

it's High Country... Isn't it about 4 to 5k above sea level?

Yeah...I think the valley floor is around 3000 MSL. SO pulling at 3K is like pulling at 5 at my DZ. No big deal........Just don't try and land on the top of a mountain.....:)"I only have 145 jumps so I always carry a JM so he can pull for me."-Clay

well, that cuts into altitude then unless you bring oxygen, doesn't it?
Also, drawing from talking to people about wanting to jump skydive Lake Tahoe (about 5k above seal level), the air is thinner so openings are faster... And who was it that jumps there that was mentioning that Flares are harder....
Just stuff to think about... Wouldn't stop me, but I'd keep it in the back of my head
baby's hungry and the money's all gone. the folks back home don't want to talk on the phone.

Ok, I have to step in here!!!! Stop harrasing our Canadian Drop Zones!!! :(
For your information!!! My DZ has a 185 that will take up 5, and a 182. Every summer we have Twin Otters too, but alas not for long enough.
This year however there will be at least one twin otter there from July 6, to August 5. There is a rumour that the Frankin Otter will be there!!
Two years ago when we had our boogie we did a Canadian Record Big Way with 54 people. It was very cool, alas I didn't have the experience to be in on it myself.
I've also heard that Olav Zipser and Dave Brown will be there from July 23-29.
Oh and did I mention the view??? Check it out at www.skydiveburnaby.com. We're on the North Shore of Lake Erie in southern Ontario and from 13,500 you can see, on a good day, the entire Niagara Peninsula, Part of two U.S. States the northern part of Lake Erie and the southern part of Lake Ontario. by the way, if you look for it, you can see the mist rising from Niagara falls. On a really really good day you can even see Toronto across the lake.
It's a great DZ IMHO, however to be honest, I've only jumped at one other local DZ and no, I am not financially involved with the DZ..lol. I do have a bias however because it was there that I was able to do AFF and get my licence.
We have people come in from all over the country. Two, or three years ago the Canadian Nationals were held there.
It's a great DZ with great people and it's lots of fun.
And leave us Canadian's alone!!! We do just fine up here!!!! :)
Check it out the website if you want more info and contact the DZO there.
Cheers.
P.S. our beer is better than theirs!!!!

I'd recommend Skydive Chicago...that place is just a jaw dropper as to the amount of things you can do there..and the facilities are really 2nd to none....and ya gotta love a shower house where the heat the floors so your piggies dont get cold in the winter...;);)...plus ya got like 200 acres to land in or something close to that...plus I jump there...and oh yeah that silly diverdrver jumps there too...poor guy...
marc
BSBD

Ok, I have a week vacation that I haven't planned for yet. If I use it to go visit a DZ, where should I go? This would be during the summer. Where's the most active during the week, with friendly people and lots of stuff to do both at the dz and nearby vicinity for someone travelling alone?

Dude, forget about things to do away from the DZ......just plan on going to the WFFC or Richmond.. There will be plenty of us dz.commers at both events, so just be sure to let everybody know where you're going.. The best thing about WFFC is that if it sucks.......we road trip it up to Summer Fest.. :)Mike

Lummy, that may have been me that you are thinking of @ Skydive Lake Tahoe. We're at 5k ASL, and the openings and the flare are both much quicker here (in my limited experience) than when I jumped @ Perris (about 1.5k ASL).
The Oxy is really not a big deal as most jump planes operating at this kind of altitude have an onboard system. Mostly the smokers will notice a difference in being a little short of breath, even w/ the happy gas!
Honestly though, I really enjoyed the 12.5k jumps @ Perris a LOT since we didn't have to go on oxygen.
G. Jones
"Why don't they have a light bulb that only shines on things that are worth looking at?"

Well, of course I'm going to vote for FL. Lots of dz's to go to that are open all week, beaches with cute girls in bikini's, tourist attractions....we got it all going on. And, of course, there's ME down here! haha

I've been to several Texas dz during perfect weather, but during the week there are not enough jumpers to get in more that a few jumps per week day.

Are there any dz's busy enough to make 10 jumps a day during the week?

Ok, I have a week vacation that I haven't planned for yet.

Unfortunately, skydiving is not like skiing in that you can find all sorts of ski resorts with fine lodging, food, & spirits right on the slope, but finding a DZ with these same amenities is next to impossible. But it all boils down to just jumping or relaxing as well.

I live in Fraser Valley B.C. and within 1/2 hr. can jump Pacific Skydivers, Chilliwack and Abbotsford Skydiving Centre is my home d.z.Vancouver Skydiving Centre

Steve & Candace wedding pics

Hope to make it out to Pacific Skydivers for Keith J. Perepelkin Memorial 4-way Scrambles and BBQ.
September 13, and meet jumpers there. I am so spoiled with taking off and landing at my d.z., (not located at airport) luv the porter for launching 10- ways. How do you find the King Air??

SMiles;)

Stop out here in the Midwest - it's the best!

In Chicago you have Skydive Chicago (HUGE place, top of the line in facilities, Otters all the time, open all week, the place really is second to none) and Chicagoland Skydiving (smaller landing area, but still jump all week and have cheap jumps on Wednesdays) within a 25 min drive of each other. About 45 minutes from them is another DZ called Millennium Skydiving.

Well dang! All of the DZ's have something special to offer. Each is unique and of course we all would like to think that our home drop zone is the best.:)If you're coming out to the south west try mine. We would love to have yet one more dropzone dot commer pay us a visit.B|
BB