bbarnhouse

It Is So Hot In Arizona That...

Yeah kind of corny, but truth sometimes is;)
The birds have to use pot holders to pull worms out of the ground.
Farmers are feeding their chickens ice to keep them from laying hard boiled eggs.
The cows here give evaporated milk.
The trees are whistling for the dogs!
A visitor to Arizona once asked, "Does is ever rain out here?" A rancher quickly answered; "Yes, it does. Do you remember that part in the Bible where it rained for 40 days and 40 nights?" The visitor replied, "Yes I am familiar with Noah's flood." "Well," the rancher puffed up, we got about two and a half inched of that!"
Arizonians eat hot chilies to cool off their mouths.
We have learned that seat belts make pretty good branding irons!
If the temperature drops below 95, we feel a bit chilly;)
In July we discover that it only takes two fingers to drive a car, and we can get a sunburn through our windows.
The best parking space is not the shortest distance, but the one with most shade.
Hot water comes from both taps!
It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not a soul is out in the street.
We break a sweat the instant we step outside at 7:30 a.m. before work, and women's mascara running down their face is considered fashionable:)
The biggest bicycle wreck fear is "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
We have learned that asphalt has a liquid state.
Last but not least...the golf caddie's only instruction is "play for shade!":o

I've yet to set foot in Arizona during the heat of the summer and I hate to say it, but I'm scared of your heat. I don't know what's worse, a hot Arizona summer or a cold Canadian winter. :S

That's why I like Colorado. We really have some awesome weather here. :P

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've yet to set foot in Arizona during the heat of the summer and I hate to say it, but I'm scared of your heat.

Interestingly enough, we acclimate.
We learn to live within the environment. Summers are difficult here, but once you have survived one, you can do them all. Lots of folks can't and don't. Ya gotta be made of really sturdy stuff.;)

"We have learned that seat belts make pretty good branding irons!" -- Heee hee, Here in central California it can still get up to 110 or 113 degrees during a good summer...

I have done the seatbelt branding more than once:S

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

So will this mean that there all the females in the states are in perennial state of heat?

Bwahhhhhhhh ever hear of the saying...you never lose your girlfriend only your turn in line?

Although, now that you mention it . . .

Now Quark we both know I practice the catch and release program...oo it's so hot!:P I mean you're so hot!:)

I lived in Phoenix from 84-88 (and Prescott till '90), and cleaned pools to put myself through college my last year in PHX. Sound sweet?

Well, when it's 110o outside and yur looking into that blue water thinking ahhhhh - and then jump in and its warmer in the pool than out of the pool - yech & gross!

I still loved every minute of the heat - but being a Pacific Northwesterner, I just hated the tan and olive drab! God give me some GREEN.

- Jeff

"That's not flying, it's falling with style."

I still loved every minute of the heat - but being a Pacific Northwesterner, I just hated the tan and olive drab! God give me some GREEN

I am a native to the PNW. There is plenty of green here in the desert as well, its just different. I find both equally as beautiful.
BB

Agree, I love AZ and may make that my final stomping grounds someday - maybe near Flag or Sedona (any dropzones near there? ;)). Great fishing an hunting up there, semi moderate weather, land is still affordable - and the views from the Mogillon rim are amazing.

Just need some PNW/Puget Sound (summer) Green and Blue every now and then...

- Jeff

"That's not flying, it's falling with style."

I lived in Yuma,AZ for 5yrs total and well all I have to say is that when you get out of your car and start running towards the nearest store to get inside is tooo hot. OR that when you drive the wind is hotter than the air inside your car. Hmm.. what else. You can cook breakfast on the sidewalk.

But you have to remember its a dry heat.

I lived in Yuma,AZ for 5yrs total and well all I have to say is that when you get out of your car and start running towards the nearest store to get inside is tooo hot. OR that when you drive the wind is hotter than the air inside your car. Hmm.. what else. You can cook breakfast on the sidewalk.

But you have to remember its a dry heat.

I was in Yuma for a blistering summer. We worked at night because it was cooler. Hey, 95 IS better than 120. It is a dry heat - you don't know you are dehydrated until you pass out. I think it is beautiful country, but I like having some trees around and not those scrub bushes that you guys call trees.