Vibes Needed

Hi all,

I recently posted a message about my former supervisor at Boeing, and how he underwent chemo to defeat leukemia.

He had some close calls, and endured a living hell in order to undergo a bone marrow transplant.

Everything looked pretty good.

This past thursday, lab results came in. He and his wife (an OB-GYN) were expecting complete remission; that is, zero percent cancer.

His marrow is now 60 percent cancerous.

The odd part is that he says he feels fine.

He had two choices to make - undergo another round of chemo even worse than the last, and get another couple of months at best, most of which would be spent in violent illness to the treatment, or bag it.

He's chosen the latter option, and since the cancer is growing at about a percent a day, odds are he won't live to see Hallowe'en.

He has lasted about 6 months more than he was supposed to when he was diagnosed last March, but he's had it.

I know you don't know him, and you likely don't know me very well, but I hope you'll send vibes to a "cousin" (he's a scuba diver) to ease him on his way.

A wonderful friend and associate who's hospice-trained is helping this chap and his wife with the final stuff.

I burned a Dr. Dimento CD with a personal farewell message to him, because he isn't taking calls (some people are trying to convert him, and urge him to keep fighting the cancer when the cause is already lost).
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Many vibes to him and his family, including the extended family which includes you. I hope his family can come to terms with this, and help him to die well, feeling as though he's had a good life.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Vibes to everyone involved. He is in my thoughts.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Many vibes to him and his family, including the extended family which includes you. I hope his family can come to terms with this, and help him to die well, feeling as though he's had a good life.

Wendy W.

Wendy,

Many thanks to you and to all.

I hope when my time comes that I will die well. [:/]
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Sending VIBES to your friend, his friends and his family. This is a difficult time for all of you. He is at peace with his decision, but still a very difficult time.

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

The easy part is giving in Mark, i hope he realizes his responsibilities to his friends and family.

I can't say i envy a decision like his, but if fighting for 6 months longer would give him a year,
then its another year in the bag, and another year closer to an effective treatment.

I hope he sees some sense, in what must be a traumatic time for you all.

UK vibes too mate.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning