bodypilot90

what is your dz's normall jump altitude

That's not very much freefall at all. I wonder.....

OK, now you're asking me to think? On a TUESDAY?!? Nope, I won't do it. You can't make me.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

no its not but we get a king air once a month.the same king air is about an hour and a half farther north so some of us go up to the other dz from time to time.i have 125 jumps and im a pretty decent belly flier.i do tend to float a lot though.trying to learn to sit fly now.opps im rambeling sorry***if youi are going to be stupid you better be tough

For my DZ, it depends whose flying the plane. We've got one guy who weighs in at 240. Put him in the pilot seat of a 182 and it's a slooow climb to altitude. Then we're lucky if we're breaking 10k :S

Know that feeling man! We have an instructor in my DZ (cessna operated) and just before jump run when we have to turn around if he is in the middle of the airplane and he leans a little back the CG changes and we stop climbing and he seems (even when he is a pilot) not to understand why the pilot is asking him to move as foward as possible to change CG just to break the 10K. Damn hard headed!

Actually there are 2 people like that in my DZ. I always make sure that neither of them are in the load when I manifest. That way I make sure that I go all the way to altitude.;)B|

Ivan "Rock On"

9-9,5k.

It's more than regulation time for 4 way ... but just. We don't care about 8 way or freeflying time because one CAN'T be done from a C-182 and the other just generally isn't done. Canopy wise, it's all the same and maybe better because it's "socially acceptable" to do hop n pops

A better question regarding currency would be coaching quality and disciplines taught... us being restricted to small ways and (generally) to belly flight. We also know how to spot for ourselfes as a rule - and there's never people 'in the back of the plane' yelling at us to get out already. We ARE the load ;);).

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)