dropoutdave

Whats your home town famous for?

Dublin, GA...St Pattys Day of course. We turn everything green for an entire month.

YUCK, I hate green.:S

OH, and I pretty much grew up with Hershel Walker (football palyer...Hiesman Trophy, yada, yada) because they all hung out in Dublin because it was big time compared to Wrightsville.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Corsicana, Texas

Known for...

The first city to discover a significant oil strike west of the Mississippi river, leading to Texas' first oil boom.This resulted in the first Texas oil refinery in 1897. The Mobil Oil Company (now Exxon-Mobil Co.) originated in Corsicana as well.

Location of Richland Chambers Resevoir,the 3rd largest lake in TX spanning over 44,000acres and averaging 25-85 feet deep.

Hometown of the country music star Lefty Frizzell and former TX governor Beauford Jester.

Birthplace of the origional Wolf Brand Company and famous Wolf Brand Chili recipe.

A favorite hangout for the notorious John Wesley Hardin as well as Bonnie and Clyde.

The famous deluxe fruitcakes from Collins Street Bakery that are shipped to every state in the US and over 290 countries world wide.(I'm afraid to say people actually brag about this.)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Man all your places sound much better than mine where a guy cant even beat his own record of 153 pegs on his face.
I was just looking at the picture again (links on first post) he easily had enough room to fit 4 more pegs on his bottom lip and maybe another on his eybrow??? If he hadn't been posing for the picture he might have beaten the record! Ah well, Grimsby lads, what can you say eh! :S

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Kansas City. :)
Known for it's BBQ, it's pro football team The Kansas City Chiefs, and baseball team The KC Royals. Two of the nicest ball parks in the US located side-by-side, Kauffmann Stadium and the ever popular Arrowhead Stadium.

Kansas City, nicknamed "The City of Fountains", has been recognized as having the most fountains in the world, Rome being the only exception. We have roughly 180 fountains spread throughout the city.

The KC nightlife is renowned for it's jazz and blues heritage. Including the 18th and Vine Jazz District, Historic Old Westport, and Downtown.

All this and no turbine jumpships. :P
----------
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, cheat death. If you steal, steal a woman's heart. If you fight, fight for a brother. If you drink, drink with me.

My college town/home town (for 4+ years), is famous for having the ;)most bars per square mile, second only to Burbon St./Mardi Gras! ;) Athens, Ohio and Ohio University really is that much fun! :P:P You get 27 bars to have all kinds of drunken fun in!

Anyone is more than welcome to come down and shuffle (hit all the bars in one night and having a drink/shot at each one) w/ me and alanab B|
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Fritos,chili, and LoneStar Beer. ........Oh and apparently some years ago there was a nasty scuffle of some sort at a famous tourist spot called the Alamo.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Frederick, Maryland

Lots of Civil War history here. This city was briefly occupied by Rebel troops who demanded a ransom of a couple hundred thousand dollars. There were also a lot of hospitals here for Union troops. At one point the patients outnumbered the town's inhabitants.

Also the birthplace of Francis Scott Key, composer of our national anthem.

Also the site of the largest homebrew club in the state of Maryland.B|

But it also has Fort Detrick, which was where America's biological weapon program was carried out until Nixon ended it in the early '70s. They are currently dismantling the building known as "The Anthrax Hotel":o
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Lititz, PA
(gotta love the liTITz! litle town and all big tits here),
This town is home to:
Sturgis pretzels
Sechan -military guidance systems(at my property line)
Wilbur's/Suchards Swiss chocolate
Tate Towers-makes the sage/tour tower and rigging for music stars.
next to that is- Clair Bros. recording studios that have and still do: Madonna, the Jackson (pick one) Brookes & Dunn (here a lot), Kenny Rodgers is always near by, etc.
and every little town near by is an Amish town with a sex reference name, except New Holland.

Wassup Ash? It's Nate. :)
Yeah, it's a cool town, but when I gotta party hard I know where to visit...Aggiville!
Plus, all my sky-peeps are there. B|
----------
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, cheat death. If you steal, steal a woman's heart. If you fight, fight for a brother. If you drink, drink with me.

Julius Caesar built a camp there in 54BC; town dates to 862AD; famous natives: H.G. Wells; Bill Wyman (Rolling Stones); "Status Quo" rock band; Peter Frampton; David Bowie; John Surtees (World champion motor cyclist and Formula 1 car driver).

Biggin Hill WWII fighter station (most German planes shot down during Battle of Britain); first voice radio communication between airplane and ground. Anne Boleyn's father owned much of it in 16th Century. Site of the Crystal Palace.

Charles Darwin lived there; Jane Austen wrote about it in "Pride and Prejudice"

Since the town existed for so long, I expect I forgot a few things (some added in edit)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Home of the uk's largest marked box junction

oh, and its an anagram of 'i am stoned'...that's right, you've guessed, its none other than the arse end of kent...maidstone.

Hey, you've got the 20 foot flowery sheep too!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Skydive Greene County! Ask the City, they will tell you.

Also the 1974 Tornado.!

Helen Santmeyer. I realize you do not know that name

The Indian Chief, Tecumseh, and Blue Jacket.

Nobody probably knows any of them!! EXCEPT SGC.

Oh, wiad John Vincent Peal.

My hometown is Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Stanley Park, Vancouver's first, is an evergreen oasis of 1,000 acres close to the heart of Vancouver's downtown core. Its natural west coast atmosphere offering a back drop of majestic cedar, hemlock and fir trees embraces visitors and transports them to an environment rich in tranquility.

The World Famous Capilano Suspension Bridge is 450 feet (140 meters) across and 230 feet (70meters) above Vancouver’s spectacular Capilano River.

:P:P:PWhistler/Backcomb for skiing/boarding is famous world wide:
http://www.whistler-blackcomb.com/
(picture attached)

SMiles;)

Me too.......we also have Emmit Smith and Roy Jones, Jr. oooooohhhhhh and Jerry's drive in. And we're also famous for anti -abortionists who blow up clinics and gun down doctors:S

I left out Emmit because he charges for autographs . . B|

And I left out the abortion Dr. killer 'cause that just makes me mad to think about. I was living there then and remember the national news media camping out the other side of 9th avenue for days. I drove by there just after it happened, and the doc was still on the ground next to his truck with a sheet over him.

And Jerry's is great, yea? P'cola has a lot of great dining.

. . =(_8^(1)