Tonto

George Bush Part 2

And this "reality" you speak of began happening this year or last year?:S

And nobody gets any help from this country? Gaaaaaaaaaaaafaw! right

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

I'm getting sick of the endless arguments about the last election.

Left wingers: Bush won because that's how the electoral system works. Every recount, every analysis shows him willing via the electoral college, which is the constitutional way of determining who is president. If it bothers you, lobby for an amendment to change it. Until then - deal with it. It's how the system works.

Right wingers: A lot more people voted for Gore than Bush; he won the popular vote. Deal with it.

Well said.

Okay I know I should stop this but...........

I guess we are talking about the Iraq thing here.

It could be as you say, our leader dsimissing others than later asking for there help.

But you know what. If they are so sure that "we" were wrong, they should stand there ground and totally refuse to help.

I see this as a hard decision that the world politcal system could not answer, and would not answer.

I hope we were "right" but to refuse to make a decision in some cases is worse than making no decision.

And this "reality" you speak of began happening this year or last year?

huh?:S

And nobody gets any help from this country? Gaaaaaaaaaaaafaw! right

Did I say that?

You're wondering why there is a lot of negative feelings towards the US right now. I'm giving you my reason, and the reason of many friends I have in Canada, the UK, France, Spain. Maybe you dont beleive that, too bad.
Remster

This coming from someone who lives in a country with a queen, rampant home invasions and illegal machineguns reaching numbers equivalent of those of illegal semi-autos.

What's wrong with the Queen? She doesn't use the power of veto (she'd end up leaving a republic if she did) her role is pretty much ceremonial and she has no effect on government policy. Besides I thought the US loved Princess Di or am I missing something?
Illegal weaponry is illegal weaponry but yeah the burglary rate is higher than the US.

One of the differences between the UK and US is that the US is a hyperpower and as such the actions of the US do effect the global community. Have you noticed that the discussion of Bush by the non american audience is mostly limited to international issues and not domestic US policy?
The UK parliament system also means that Tony has to defend himself in the house of commons so you have a bit more faith in that he knows what's going on. Michael Howard looks like being the next Leader of the Opposition so Prime Ministers question time could be more interesting from now on.

David

LOL

That's not "Stubborness" that's standing for what you believe.

If you willing to help now, than to a degree you are saying. "We didn't want you to do what you did but now that you have done it, we will help because your actions were not totally wrong"

It's not like Germany invading France.

I wonder two things
1. Would America have the gut's to do this on there own, and finish it?
2. How many other goverments are secretly glad we did what we did?

"We didn't want you to do what you did but now that you have done it, we will help because your actions were not totally wrong"

Maybe its a case of "You fucked up, and are still fucking up, so hopefully with us being involved, the fuck ups will be less, or at the very least, this whole fuck up will be over more rapidly"

That's not "Stubborness" that's standing for what you believe.

No, thats not knowing what diplomacy and negociations are about.
Remster

Everyone knows Canada is just east of the US . . .

See!:P

Well, I stand by my comment . . . I am correct. Canada is directly east of the US. ;)

Apparently some people don't know where Alaska, some parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan are, etc (much of New England?).

Just helping to translate for the stupid people. You know who you are. Or do you????

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yeah, the US constitution isn't bad when it's being used properly. Not so great when even US citizens (and not just those evil terrorist furners) can be detained indefinitely without cause, held without access to a lawyer, and tried in a closed tribunal without full access to the accusations against them. That kind of puts a damper on the whole constitution thing. It's not about the document, it's about the people entrusted with upholding it

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger;

I beleive we are at war and our public is in danger!

It all depends on who he is running against. We are left voting for the lesser of the 2 evils, which I'm tired of voting that way, but if you don't vote, you don't get to bitch about it.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Just making a point (skydivejersey's "...What fucking century are you living in??...")

I got nothing but good things to say about Great Britain. Even the initials are cool. ;) Hell, I think I'd like the devil himself, if he was the one who created such greats as The Young Ones and Monty Python. Keep up the good work!

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

yea.... thats just east....:S
and you're right, how stupid of me....

Come on, Skydyvr is being clever, give him some credit. You're so caught up in the political back and forth, you're missing the fun.

And, you're not stupid, that's was a line from a Jim Carey (Cary?, Karey?) standup routine.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Amendment V
I beleive we are at war and our public is in danger!

The "at war" is debatable, but this amendment does apply. The problem is that we signed the Geneva Convention to apply to how we treat soldiers, and we're not following it, either.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>I figured as much but then there are idiots in the House of
> Commons that cry constitutional crisis when the heir to the throne
> wants to marry a catholic non-virgin.

Right. That would be ridiculous. Next thing you know there will be a US political crisis when a president commits adultery.

"Maybe its a case of "You fucked up, and are still fucking up, so hopefully with us being involved, the fuck ups will be less, or at the very least, this whole fuck up will be over more rapidly"

Okay now we are getting crass

Maybe it's a case of "You not having the balls to make any decision, so hopefully now that "we" have made some decision you can hide behind that decision and do something"

But heck maybe Canada can come in and "unfuck" everything.

We can just agree to disagree, but as you said
"...at the very least, this whole fuck up will be over more rapidly" which was not happening before a decsion was made, "diplomacy and negociations" having FAILED.

The "at war" is debatable, but this amendment does apply. The problem is that we signed the Geneva Convention to apply to how we treat soldiers, and we're not following it, either.

Wendy coming out to the DZ Sat.?

By the way if we are not at war then the Geneva convention does not apply. I still beleive we are fighting a war on terror and then the Geneva convention does apply. What part of the Geneva convention are we not abiding by? See link below for the Geneva convention.
http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/91.htm