Shawndiver

Dating And the DZ

If he was a jumper or not, it really wouldn't matter to me. I'm with him for the person that he is, not because he jumps from planes.

Val, I agree w/ this 100%. I met my so @ the dz & am so glad!! No one could make me happier. There are a bunch of couples @ CSC, but there are a bunch of single people too... no matter, we all party the same. Just some people know which tent they're sleeping in ;).

My so from last year will be returning next season, I'll have to see how it goes then, but think it'll be ok. Everyone involved is fairly reasonable.

I think there are many types of people @ the dz; but related to this topic, there's the adventure sport enthusiast that just can't settle down, there's no stopping them & death is something to be near. Then there's the people that get their jollys by jumping out of planes & that's really it - in every day life they are normal every day people (with a slight edge to them). It takes a certain personality not only to jump out of planes but also to stick around & do the stupid grounded stuff @ night...
drinkers should marry drinkers
non drinkers should marry non drinkers

now has been revised to partiers should marry partiers.... otherwise it just won't work.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

well, well, well. shaun comes out of hiding.

SOOOOOOO Shaun, you going to bring her to the Christmas party? Remember what we did to Mueller last year at the party with his gf;) lol glad to hear you've found someone special dude. Remember, skydiving isn't everything, well it's not when it's freaking cold out atleast. Ask me again durring season:P
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

As for myself, I technically met him at a dz. We follow Phreezone's "not at the same dz" rule, but not on purpose.

If I had followed this rule, I would never have dated the woman I married just a few monthes ago.

For me, dating at the DZ has been the most single rewarding thing I've done. Ever.

Also - as for the requirement that someone MUST be a jumper, I never believed that. It is true that both people being jumpers sure does simplify life, and allows you to commit a lot more time to jumping. It can be tough to balance your weekend time, especially in the North where we can only jump 8 monthes a year.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

My rule is well published in the archives here on DZ.com as "If you are going to date a skydiver make sure there is at least 1 DZ between your DZ and theirs." It takes longer for rumors to spread that way. I'm currently ignoring my own advice but that does'nt matter. ;)

>especially in the North where we can only jump 8 monthes a year.
You need to get out more then, we jump 12 months a year here :ph34r:
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

My rule is well published in the archives here on DZ.com as "If you are going to date a skydiver make sure there is at least 1 DZ between your DZ and theirs." It takes longer for rumors to spread that way. I'm currently ignoring my own advice but that does'nt matter. ;)

>especially in the North where we can only jump 8 monthes a year.
You need to get out more then, we jump 12 months a year here :ph34r:

i could not agree more with you there, too easy for clicks to form if stuff goes downhill
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Never had a skydiver girlfriend.Opps,1 who has more than 1 jump.Anyway,DZ politics,business,teaching,drinking and dating do not always mix well!Haven,t met any regular skydiver woman who would want me on a regular basis.Had 1 try to proposition me once(I ran like hell!)LOL

hmmm. well there's this girl at my dropzone that i wouldnt mind dating. We hung out last night, and it seemed to go very well. But gosh, i just happened to forget her name. Darn! :P:) Usually i dont talk about girls i'm dating until i'm sure that we're actually an item, so.. hopefully i'll get back to you guys in a few weeks on this. ;)

I met the love of my life at the DZ - I'm sure I'll be with him forever. :)

That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard!! To be able to declare that very bold statement so confidently here with all of these people to see, wow. I'm SOOOOOO happy for you and your guy!!! B|

(Okay, I'm done being sappy now.....) B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard!! To be able to declare that very bold statement so confidently here with all of these people to see, wow. I'm SOOOOOO happy for you and your guy!!!

:$ Aww... thanks Jason. :) 'bold' statement since I am so confident in my feelings - but I guess it is. :)

When a SkyChica breaks up with you......You haven't lost your girlfriend.....just your turn. ;):D

I think dating is ok at the DZ so long as you STAY AWAY from the skysluts, unless your just looking for a weekend fling.
As far as guy to girl ratios I think it is hard being a girl at times at the DZ, especially if your not the grossest thing that came crawling out of the shower house on a Sunday morning because as someone else stated.. there are not enough eligable boys out there.. and the ones that are built like a brick shit house are usually sluts.. woe is me!

I've seen every iteration of DZ relationships. I've seen folks who met at the DZ fall deeply in love, get married, have kids, and share a wonderful life. Some folks who have had that fortune are well known - Craig and Tanya (Garcia) O'Brien, for instance. On the other hand, I've also seen great jumpers date for a long time and suffer through a bitter breakup that affects other people around them. And then I've seen everything in between.

Skydiving is a unique, special thing, and to many, the DZ is a unique and special place. Sharing that could be a boon or a curse in a relationship.

I'd suggest that anyone thinking about pursuing someone at the DZ just consider what they're getting into.

;)

FunBobby

Hooknswoop and I have been together 2 1/2 years now. We met at the DZ, he was and instructor and S&TA and I was a jumper (I was NOT a student). We started dating, but until we moved to colorado we rarely jumped together. Now we pretty much make every jump together.
Fly it like you stole it!

We had 2 marriages and 1 engagement come out of dating at the dz this year. One of the marriages was after almost 5 years of being together,and the other was after a year together. But i have personally seen a few times where it certainly don't work out like that.
When alot of your time is spent at the dz,and you don't get to meet people anywhere else, there seems to be no better place to meet(the opposite sex) than at the dz.But i can't think of any other place than i really wanna be,so it only seems natural to me that i would want someone else to feel the same way. I guess it's convenience too! lol ;)
Plus,i know that personal experience has led me to believe that the whuffo way is not the way to go cause she had no idea why i would wanna spend all the time away jumping and not spending it with her and watching her baby while she was working. lol ;)

Watch out where the huskies go,and don't you eat that yellow snow!~ZAPPA