sangiro

Skydive Arizona Dropzone.com 2nd Annual Holiday Boogie II

This week's update from Southwest has more cities to Phoenix on sale. Purchase by De. 4th. You people in NoCal might want to fly instead of drive with these rates! (Note: I have nothing to do with Southwest, they just send me weekly updates).

Phoenix, AZ
$99 one-way, to/from Buffalo/Niagara Falls, NY
$89 one-way, to/from Oakland, CA
$76 one-way, to/from Salt Lake City, UT
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

ooh yeah...been workin so hard, I'm ready for the break. SW airfare is good from Seattle (<200), but Eloy shuttle is $70 through the DZ (could translate to 5 extra jumps). Anyone know of an alternate way to the DZ? What do the hotel shuttles run? I'll be flying in alone on Tues., the 30th...probably camping or bunkhouse.

Who is the veteran that can fill me in on an alternative transportation plan from the airport?

JovialChris

I'm Lost! Which way to the Prairie?

That is so cool that you've gone purple. I've gone blonde highlights so we'll need a new pic for JP's favorites gallery. I also have some cool gel that make me purple.B|

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

It depends on the wind.... if no wind, then the main, unless everyone and their dog is there, then the alternate, if the winds are east to west then the main and if they are north to south then the alternate....just because I hate flying over or into buildings...most of the time I just look to see which is less crowded

The landing areas at Eloy are grand. Flat as billiard tables and nicely groomed.

I prefer the student area cause I can land into the wind, and I'm usually down first because of my wingloading on a 7 cell (7 cell posse represent!)

When I choose to land in the main area, I land on the edge, cause the swoopers are magnificent. Way high altitude and serious swoopage on very highly loaded hi-po ellipticals.

The distance difference is negligible to the packing areas. The option of sliding in on your ass is nice, as there's usually no peanut gallery over on the student area. Just as big and flat as the Show Landing Area.

It's gonna rock.

My balloon jump videos for jump ticket only are filling up quick. If anybody wants in on the deal, contact the hostess with the mostess, Miss Betsy. All the balloon jumps I get will be on the DZ.Holiday Boogie DVD, and everybody will get a raw VHS of the jump, or a firewire if you have your own camera.

Ciao Monkeys, prepare to party hearty.

That is so cool that you've gone purple. I've gone blonde highlights so we'll need a new pic for JP's favorites gallery. I also have some cool gel that make me purple.B|

Some one-on-one time with a certain bear I know turned you a little purple last year. ;)

Bwah! Love you. Can't wait to meet the source of the MouthJoy.

Hey Jeanne...I've been checking you out on DZ.com...sounds like a lively bunch, should be an interesting boogie w/ all the talk.

I thought you were leaving earlier in the week? I'm leaving Seattle at 1pm on Tuesday. Little late for you, the "earlybird"? I guess I'll check out the other thread, not a big deal.

See you at the X-mas party? ;)

JovialChris

I will definitely be at the Seattle Skydivers Christmas party. I can't wait to get to someplace that I can actually freakin jump. This weather is major suckage. I am getting so rusty I don't know if I will remember how to fall out of the damn plane when I get down there.On top of that I am getting a NEW RW suit from Velinda... and a NEW fullface Bonehead for combat RW jumps. I think I am going to put the HUGE Triathalon back in my container..and leave the SR-71 here... just to be on the safe side. Did you ever get ahold of the people to reline yours?

yeah, major suckage although it was nice last Sunday, didn't make it to the DZ. I feel a little rusty too, after one jump, I'll be back in the vibe. Hope to get high jump numbers in Eloy.

New jump suit from Velinda, w/ booties, fullface, you in a combat RW jump, talk about a ? We'll have to sell you off to the Pentagon.

No re-line, I'm going to AZ for major demo of equip, going to buy all new for summer. Donate the SR to a novice coming in the sport. Maybe a little resale, maybe 2nd rig. Anyway lines are good for a few more months of use, to be on the safe side?

JovialChris

$76 one-way, to/from Salt Lake City, UT

wow that's half my 1 way gas budget for the rv.. if i wasn't bringing so much stuff and a warm place to slep too i would fly, screw the 12+ hour drive....... oh well....

That is in the main landing area, the alternate (student) area is for all directions...well first one landing sets of course...

Let me clarify for you.
The North landing area (Main) is a high performance area. The landings are East to West or West to East only (but not at the same time) no matter what the winds are doing. The first person down sets the pattern and all are to follow that pattern (even if it's downwind)or land off in the desert.
The south area (alternate) the first person down sets the pattern in to the wind everyone follows the same pattern or lands off!
If you are uncomfortable landing in cross-winds..DO NOT land in the North Area.