cubiod

BUSH...A good president???

Yo'
GW is the most allert freeking president we have had in years! Only to be outdone by his dad and and Reagen. If you didn't notice the rest of the world laughing at us while our last was having his unit being sucked and asking what "is" is. We were the laughing stock of the the world!!!!!!!!! Now Mr. Dean is another fucking laughing matter all together!!!!

Ok, I had just about decided not to post to this again, but I've got to respond to this. You see, I happened to have been overseas (in the middle east for that matter), during the whole Lewinski affair and you're right, they were laughing at us. But not because Clinton was getting his dick sucked, or asking what the definition of "is" is... but because the Republicans in the legislature and apparently the American public actually gave a fuck what the president was doing, or who, as the case may have been. I mean hell, those people know what it's like to live with terrorism, they face it every day. You and I my friend, unless you just happen to live smack dab in NYC, have not a clue what living with terrorism is, and none of us do. So, we can spend time worrying about who's getting their dick sucked. Personally, I'd rather have a president who's getting it whenever he wants it. I think the stress release would be beneficial to our nation. Hmm, 8 yrs of unprecedented peace and economic prosperity....

Never go to a DZ strip show.

You see, I happened to have been overseas (in the middle east for that matter), during the whole Lewinski affair and you're right, they were laughing at us. But not because Clinton was getting his dick sucked, or asking what the definition of "is" is... but because the Republicans in the legislature and apparently the American public actually gave a fuck what the president was doing, or who, as the case may have been.

That's because most of the middle east are used to having leaders lie to them and violate the law of the land.

Maybe liberals are deaf? IT WAS ABOUT PERJURY!

Chris

I do apologize for the slight anger I feel here and I was just going to say Merry Christmas, but as a verteran it pisses me off that so many people think we are mindless automatons who only follow orders no matter how stupid they are. Only someone who never served would believe this is how the military really works.

I couldn't agree more with this. I am in the Army and I vote just like everyone else. I appreciate GWB but also understand that no one man is perfect especially when he is trying to please the multitude.

Captstubin
Eloy here I come!!!!!

but as a verteran it pisses me off that so many people think we are mindless automatons who only follow orders no matter how stupid they are. Only someone who never served would believe this is how the military really works.

I do believe that everyone has a right to make a choice in any situation. But making choices when you are in military will never be as simple as making choices when you are civilian.

And yes, I did serve.

Please, can someone come up with one good thing Bush has done for this nation since he "took" the white house?
I can see a few people with the blinders on, responding to this thread!
How much do you guys want to pay for the so called Iraqi freedom? Not to mention all the dead American soldiers.
Oh, weapons of mass destruction. That was the reaon for going to war, right?
Hello....., lights on, but nobody home!
Don't Pull Low....unless You are!!!

Please, can someone come up with one good thing Bush has done for this nation since he "took" the white house?
I can see a few people with the blinders on, responding to this thread!
How much do you guys want to pay for the so called Iraqi freedom? Not to mention all the dead American soldiers.
Oh, weapons of mass destruction. That was the reaon for going to war, right?
Hello....., lights on, but nobody home!

Ah, He went to Iraq on thanksgiving to boost the moral of our troops.

Is this what you mean?

blues

jerry

So, we can spend time worrying about who's getting their dick sucked. Personally, I'd rather have a president who's getting it whenever he wants it. I think the stress release would be beneficial to our nation. Hmm, 8 yrs of unprecedented peace and economic prosperity....
damned if ya do, damned if ya don't

Unfortunately this basicaly had nothing to to do with anything that this piece of shit did! It was all set up before him! Had he been a little more aware of what was going on aroumd the world, Osama would be fucking dead and 9-11 wouldn't have happenned!

You and I my friend, unless you just happen to live smack dab in NYC, have not a clue what living with terrorism is, and none of us do.

Well for your information I was in NYC visiting my brother. My Brother is a New York City Cop. His wife is a Vice President of City Corp. She just happened to have an office in Tower Two and was on her way there when it came down.

Four days later, after I got home, I organized a supply drive and drove a 48 foot truck filled with those supplies to Ricker's Island in New York where my brother works and has friends who could store it and get it to the right places. My brother worked the morgue where the bodies were being sorted. I delt with his tears as he came home from the morgue with stories of friends of his whose heads he had to carry.

I saw the panic in his face when he could not find his wife for several hours. I saw him tear out in his official vehicle when he got a call from his wife who was covered in soot and dust when she got home.

My wife and I saw the faces of New Yorkers who were stunned by what had happened. They were shell shocked.

Our uncle works for the Pentagon and thankfully was somewhere else when they struck there.

You did not have to be in NYC to live with terrorism. It touches everyone. Everywhere. It cuts deep into the heart. It takes away your safety net. Maybe you have forgotten what it felt like that day. Maybe you where in a safe cozy room behind your keyboard and so you live like it never happened. I will never forget. And I know My brother won't. And neither will the families of those who actually were lost.

And tell that to the Marines families who died in Beruit. (sp?). I am done with this conversation because you do not have a clue. When you get one come talk to me.>:(

someone lock this thread.

After communicating your words, thoughts and ideas so well, I don't understand why you'd want to deny that to others.

We now all clearly understand why you have such deep feelings about September 11th, 2001.

It is a date I will never forget.

It is the reason we retaliated against Osama Bin Ladin.

It is not the reason we went to war in Iraq.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Please, can someone come up with one good thing Bush has done . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/28/iran.quake/index.html

The United States -- which has brushed off frosty relations and a branding of Iran as part of President Bush's "axis of evil" -- is sending military plane loads of rescue resources and equipment.

According to CNN's Ryan Chilcote, about 12 American planes -- including two U.S. military C-130 transport plan -- landed in Kerman's airport Sunday, carrying the first of more than 200 personnel and over 150,000 pounds of medical supplies.

Hell, even I will give him props for that.

One of the smarter things he's done in the middle-east.
quade -

***Definitely not my father's name got me a degree Bush.

I'll be sure to tell my father how evil he was for getting me a degree.

Are you admitting that you didn't earn your degree or did you miss his point?;)
-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.

The United States -- which has brushed off frosty relations and a branding of Iran as part of President Bush's "axis of evil" -- is sending military plane loads of rescue resources and equipment.

According to CNN's Ryan Chilcote, about 12 American planes -- including two U.S. military C-130 transport plan -- landed in Kerman's airport Sunday, carrying the first of more than 200 personnel and over 150,000 pounds of medical supplies.

I think you have to rather foolish to believe George came up with this idea himself...

I think you have to rather foolish to believe George came up with this idea himself...

And, uh, I think you don't know me very well. ;)

I usually don't separate the man from the support team (unless it's something very specific like his service record).

I mean, sure, GWB (the man) didn't personally dig Hussein out of the spider-hole either, but as far as the history books will be concerned GWB waged war on Iraq and removed Hussein.

If I'm going to blast him for marching into Iraq (which I think I've sort of mildly suggested at one point or another), then I have to praise him for giving some aid when it's needed for humanitarian purposes.

He personally did neither, but is, in fact, responsible for both. What with him being the President and all of that.
quade -

Are you admitting that you didn't earn your degree or did you miss his point?

No, I think you missed my point. I certainly earned my degree, but that would not have been possible if my father didn't lay out the 60 grand to pay for it. What father, if he had the ability, would not do all he could to get his kids an education. Bush Sr. did not sit in class for GWB, nor did he take the tests for him.

BTW, GWB is the only President to earn a master's degree.

Chris

An MBA isn't exactly the same as doing gratuate work in nuclear physics (like for instance, President Carter did), but we'll let that one slide. ;)

I believe Clinton has a J.D. from Yale Law School. He was also a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford.
quade -

You and I my friend, unless you just happen to live smack dab in NYC, have not a clue what living with terrorism is, and none of us do.

Well for your information I was in NYC visiting my brother. My Brother is a New York City Cop. His wife is a Vice President of City Corp. She just happened to have an office in Tower Two and was on her way there when it came down.

Four days later, after I got home, I organized a supply drive and drove a 48 foot truck filled with those supplies to Ricker's Island in New York where my brother works and has friends who could store it and get it to the right places. My brother worked the morgue where the bodies were being sorted. I delt with his tears as he came home from the morgue with stories of friends of his whose heads he had to carry.

I saw the panic in his face when he could not find his wife for several hours. I saw him tear out in his official vehicle when he got a call from his wife who was covered in soot and dust when she got home.

My wife and I saw the faces of New Yorkers who were stunned by what had happened. They were shell shocked.

Our uncle works for the Pentagon and thankfully was somewhere else when they struck there.

You did not have to be in NYC to live with terrorism. It touches everyone. Everywhere. It cuts deep into the heart. It takes away your safety net. Maybe you have forgotten what it felt like that day. Maybe you where in a safe cozy room behind your keyboard and so you live like it never happened. I will never forget. And I know My brother won't. And neither will the families of those who actually were lost.

And tell that to the Marines families who died in Beruit. (sp?). I am done with this conversation because you do not have a clue. When you get one come talk to me.>:(

Please, stop whining. I am so fed up with the 9/11!!!! It is not about terrorism, it is about pride. How do they dare to strike in American soil. Oh my GOD!!!!
9/11 has been an isolated case, nothing more. I am 27 years old, and i have had already a bomb exploding on my very same street last year, another one within five minutes walk from my house. 3 or 4 within 15 minutes walk. And this past 24 of December, the police deactivated a bomb that was going to blow up the train station where i commute every day. I am not afraid though. I support every effort to stop those bastards, but i will not let them change my life. Sure it would be easier to invade Vasque country and kill all the bad guys, but it will not stop the problem.
And my situation is NOTHING compared with people from Israel, Palestina, and many many countries. Please, just think about how many people dies every year due to terrorism in other countries and compare it to the US.

The U.S have to start taking responsability for their actions. If you train Osama Bin Laden to fight the soviets, and then you piss him off big time, he will use your training against you!!!!!!
If some guy from Irak or afghanistan straps a bomb on him and blow your brother up, is he a bad terrorist, or is he a bad terrorist whose family has been blown up by an american "smart" bomb, and thus he is taking revenge.

I apologize if i offended anyone, and believe me when i say that 9/11 deserve a big deal of attention, as big as any other terrorist attack. Just think that when it happened, you had almost every country totally with you. How many of those countries still support the U.S? (not including those threatened or bribed).
The more people you manage to hate the US, the more terrorist attacks the US will have. it is that simple.

Please, stop whining. I am so fed up with the 9/11!!!! It is not about terrorism, it is about pride. How do they dare to strike in American soil. Oh my GOD!!!!

UM....I think its about killing 3,000 people that had done nothing. If you attack a military target thats one thing.

But they attacked unarmed Men, Women, and Children.

And YES, it was on our home turf.

But these bomb attacks you talk about.....Have 3,000 people been killed?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Actually not. they have killed "only" 934 persons. (not counting mutilated) the names are in this link
http://clientes.vianetworks.es/personal/angelberto/asesinados.htm

Anyway, a terrorism act is not about how many people died. If only one person dies and it happens to be you or someone from your family, you will not care about the rest. Besides, a terrorist attack is scary enough as it is regardless of the size. Again, you have endure one. Palestinian and Israelis get one every week at best. At worst everyday.
Really, to someone who lives in a bubble and don´t know what is going on outside their country, 9/11 will look like it is the end of the world as it is known, but for most other people it looks for what it is: a horrible terrorist attack. No more, no less.
No need to take advantage of all the support the world gives you to protect your interests by starting wars.