Laurel

Embarrassing Grammar

The whole Mrs. Brittney Spears thing was funny until her man opened his mouth and said, "So we went ahead and did the whole thing and we got back to the room and we decided that's when we needed to tell everybody what we done did."

"Done did"? Good Lord. Why is that every time someone from the state of Louisiana is interviewed, the press finds some two-bit yahoo? I was raised in this state and my mama would have grounded me for a week if I said something that grammatically horrific. Oy! :S
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

I hate it when people say, "I could care less." It's, "I couldn't care less."

And when folks say, "Let's flush out this project," when it is "flesh" - as in to put meat on the bones, not flush it down the toilet.
My Pink M

That is pretty bad.. Although I embarrased myself just a couple days ago when I went to lunch w/ a higher up from my work and when I was helping him put his sun shade in the window of the car I was like "dang you have a massive one" (meaning his sun shade was too big for the car). He just looked at me and smiled and when I realized what I said it was a little late.. :$ Oops.

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

That is pretty bad.. Although I embarrased myself just a couple days ago when I went to lunch w/ a higher up from my work and when I was helping him put his sun shade in the window of the car I was like "dang you have a massive one" (meaning his sun shade was too big for the car). He just looked at me and smiled and when I realized what I said it was a little late.. :$ Oops.

nice.:D
My Pink M

(ME) Can I go to the bathroom?
(First grade teacher) I don't know can you?
(ME) MAY I go to the bathroom?
(First grade teacher) no
(ME) [:/]

(ME) Can I go to the bathroom?
(First grade teacher) I don't know can you?
(ME) yes *walks out*

That was pretty funny, although I notice that several of the "fighters" like "bin laden" and "mcdonald's" do better when spelled correctly!!
:D

The general rule of the internet (and whiteboards in dorms, same concept) is that if you make an unchecked way of people posting anything, it will lead to nothing but cursing, misspellings, and drawings of cocks.

DONE DID :D :D

the funniest i have heard:
"I might could drop off the kids"...um, okay :S....

also...many people don't know:
~ the 'T' in 'often' is Silent
~ it should be pronounced 'offen'

laurelei---you are funny Girl!!! which is why i love you so much... :D :D

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Irregardless of what we think, people will continue to take sides on that one.

My mom always gets a kick out of hearing newscasters, announcers, etc... butchering the English language. Irregardless is one of her favs.

Something is either in regards to
or regardless

Problems just be opportunities in der workin' clothes.

Actually either is acceptable. "I could care less." is short for "I could care less, but it's not worth the effort, because I don't care."

Interesting. I have never heard that before. I had always been beaten to say "I could not care less." short for "I could not care any less than I do now." When I hear people say, "I could care less," I feel like saying, "Oh, really? You could? Well, it must not be that bad, then." I'm surprised my smart mouth hasn't made me end up looking like this..B|
My Pink M

I totally misread the title. I thought this was about "embarrassing grammas". Of course, my gramma is far more entertaining than spelling nazis. ;) The easiest way to solve this? Press the "check spelling" button.

Of course, the logical progression is that you must clean your room and put all your laundry in the hamper before getting on the internet.

Today, I left the light on in my bedroom before leaving for work. :D