Hooknswoop

I'm done

The Eloy boogie marked the end of my involvement in skydiving. I will still do rigging work, but I suspect that I won’t get much work since I don’t go to the DZ’s anymore. I am also stepping down as a Moderator here on DZ.com. I feel it is better to go out now than wait until I have outlived my usefulness. Thanks to everyone.

Take care all,

Derek

First skydive: 24 June 1995
Last skydive 2 January 2004
3333 skydives
1574 jumps on canopies under 100 sq. ft.
900 tandem skydives (Eclipse, Vector II, and Sigma)
D-18847
AFF I/E
TDM I/E
S/L I/E
PRO rating
Senior Parachute Rigger, Back and Chest
450-ish reserve re-packs
30-ish saves
PPSEL

Not a bad skydiving career B|

Congrats Derek on all you've accomplished. I hope one day to be half the skydiver and Rigger that you are. :)
Hope life treats you and Kelli great and hopefully our paths will cross again some day :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I'm so glad I got to spend the day with you and Kelli rock climbing, I only wish I had been with you in the air too! You certainly left the sport with a bang by catching that cutaway canopy. Everyone needs to order the boogie video just to see that!

You're very cool, Derek, I hope you'll still be hanging around some.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thank you for the jumps together and all the advice/mentoring you did for me while you were in Aggieland and here as well. You've had an incredible jumping career, someday I'll be up to those standards (hopefully).

Surely you'll still post and lurk here from time to time, though.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Wow, glad I got to meet you in Arizona while you had a rig on your back! What path are you thinking of following now?
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hate to see you go. If those of us just getting started can achieve even HALF of what you've accomplished in your skydiving life, we'll be off to a good start.

Take care.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Congratulations Derek, on all you've accomplished. You're right, it's a pretty impressive career! You've contributed a lot around here, and I'm sure at the DZs, you've left your mark on our sport.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Good luck wherever your life takes you. Thanks for all your help.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

I learned a lot from reading your posts and wish that I could have met and jumped with you. Seems like the sport will be losing a valuable asset!![:/] Good luck in future endeavors!!!!B|:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Thanks and we will miss ya.:(

You info about becoming a rigger is helping me on my way to become a civilian rigger.

Wish you would stick around so when I need I can pull on your ear a bit. Oh well. There is many other riggers here on DZ.com.

If you don't mind me asking. I don't know you that well. Why you giving it all up?
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

Hello Derek,
I'm so very happy that I got to jump with you and Kelli. You are a "skygod" to me. :$ Anyhoo, thank you so much for everything that you've written and explained to us all both in person and on the forums. I have learned so very much just from having e-mailed and PMed Kelli and youself. Your and Kelli's e-mail many months ago when I was still an insecure student made me keep pursuing this beautiful sport that I truly love. You probably don't remember it, but it made a huge impression on me. You really, really helped me when I needed it. I could never thank you enough. I think that I cried when I read your e-mail.

Derek, I also have printed out and saved on my desktop posts written by yourself as you are so incredibly knowledgeable. I really want you to know that you have made a HUGE difference to me. I truly hope that one day, you will get the urge to come back to play in the sky. I know that a huge part of you must love to fly, and you are so amazingly good at it. It is just a pleasure to watch someone with such skills.

Now that you are not going to be flying anymore, maybe my guy and I will see you and Kelli on a climbing trip. I want to return to climbing and seeing you two may be the incentive that I need. Please take care of yourself and my girl, Kelli. I hope that you will also stop by the forums every now and then to say "hi"!

With much respect and huge hugs,
ROSA :)

Thanks for my first tandem, that was a most remarkable day for me(!) and 1 student jump! Well, since your never going to skydive again, you will never have a chance to "entertain" Mercedes under the blanket while riding to altitude in the Cessna ever again either!.....:P:$:ph34r:;):)(oh, wait she doesn't jump anymore either-so maybe!) HAHAHA! Well, time is the ultimate cure all for most everything and this no different and skydiving will one day make you feel young again!:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

The Eloy boogie marked the end of my involvement in skydiving. I will still do rigging work, but I suspect that I won’t get much work since I don’t go to the DZ’s anymore. I am also stepping down as a Moderator here on DZ.com. I feel it is better to go out now than wait until I have outlived my usefulness. Thanks to everyone.

Take care all,

Derek

First skydive: 24 June 1995
Last skydive 2 January 2004
3333 skydives
1574 jumps on canopies under 100 sq. ft.
900 tandem skydives (Eclipse, Vector II, and Sigma)
D-18847
AFF I/E
TDM I/E
S/L I/E
PRO rating
Senior Parachute Rigger, Back and Chest
450-ish reserve re-packs
30-ish saves
PPSEL

Not a bad skydiving career B|

NO WAY!!! DEREK! You know you love jumping...pleeez don't hang it up...I have so much respect for you, your knowledge, your experience...