MochaSkyChick

What was your first Vehicle?

Wow, there are a few Belairs in this post. This may be a stupid question but what does "3 on the tree" mean?

Not a stupid question if you are under 35 years old. It is a three speed stick shift on the steering column.
Sparky:P
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

1963 Impala SS

It was white with a RED interior( there is a pattern here for those who know me)

Had a 4 speed on the floor.

Mom would not let me have the 1966 Barracuda that I wanted. She wanted me in a big full size car and my Uncle Archie kinda pulled a fast one on her.

I got it for my 16th bithday and it cost $750 dollars in 1968. It was sooooo pretty. and it was stolen 6 months later.. I took the insurance money and bought a sports car .. a 1959 TR-3A. Now buying a British SportsCar with a Lucas heater in it in Wisconsin in October was NOT a smart move. I ended up parking it for the winter and getting a beater with a heater.

1963 Impala SS

Mom would not let me have the 1966 Barracuda that I wanted. She wanted me in a big full size car and my Uncle Archie kinda pulled a fast one on her.

That wasn't happen to be a 396, was it?
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

what does "3 on the tree" mean?

Three speed transmission, shifter on the steering column. Like my first, a 1966 longbed chevy pick-up. I got so frustrated triyng to learn how to drive it, I would kill the battery every other day by putting it in first gear and holding the ignition key over so that the starter would pull me up the driveway. I was (am) such a dumbass
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

1976 AMC Pacer. Silver.

I put goldfish decals in the back window.

I had one of those ratty red tricycles for awhile, but I really consider my first vehicle to be my Big Wheel cuz chick dug that. I then got a tricked out Schwinn banana-seater for Christmas when I was eight and that was awesome, until those "motocross" bikes came out and then I had to beg for my mom to get me one of those.

Then many years later, I got a 1993 Honda Civic.

Marz

1966 Saab 96. 3 cylinder 2-stroke engine. Had to add oil to the gas when I filled it up. Front wheel drive before it became popular after the oil crisis of the 70s. Sold it to buy a Honda Accord when they were first introduced in 76 - bought one of the first 21 in Seattle.Both of them were great cars.

I liked that Saab so much, that's what I drive now, a 91 9000.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass GT - 3.8L V6. Coupe, bucket seats, floor shifter. It woulda been SWEET it if hadn't been such a piece of shit. After that car I vowed I'd never buy American cars again.

I replaced it with a 95 Honda Prelude, and now just bought a 2003 Honda Element.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

First car i was driving was an 84 Honda Civic (It was 1988) i was 12. The first car i bought for my self was a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass the car had a faded paint job the whole front grill was missing and it had no muffler and yes i loved that car. It never broke down Ever except once the whole front wheel came out.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

No the 396 came out late 60's...mine was the big V-8 of the early 60's great big convoluted valve covers..409.and no it was not the 348 or the 327 small block. My Uncle was a car guy... but he was into Goats and mom was not having any of that either.