Trent

Online Petition for Missy & Bill: 2004 World Meet

Due to unforseen circumstances and injury, Dos Gatos, the freestyle team of Missy Nelson and Bill Hughes, was unable to compete in the 2003 US Nationals which could prevent them from joining the US Team at the 2004 World Meet in Brazil. As it stands, there is an open slot for freestlye at the World Meet, but we need your help to convince the USPA to allow them to represent the US. We have posted an online petition for ALL USPA MEMBERS to sign, to show our support for sending Dos Gatos to the World Meet. If you feel that one of the best US freestyle teams in recent times should be allowed to represent the US, please take the few seconds to submit your info. Have your USPA member number ready!

The petition address is here:
http://www.flyvertical.com/petition.cfm

Feel free to pass this link along to anyone you know who would be interested in supporting Missy and Bill's bid to get to Brazil!

(go ahead and offer words of support here, but don't forget to sign the petition!)

Thank you for your time and support in making the US Team as strong as possible!

Sincerely,
Oh, hello again!

Seems presumptious unless the other top teams are already on board with the effort....

Who is currently elegible? Are they also "one of the" best US freestyle teams in recent history?

How much better are Missy and Bill than these guys?

Do Missy and Bill want to go against the normal qualification flow? I thought the top teams were all pretty close knit personally and also of parity on skill. If Airspeed has an injury at the meet and thus loses to Majik or the Knights, then Airspeed wouldn't go. How is this different? (My assumption here is the top 2 or 3 FS teams are very close, just like the top 3 4way teams are - anyone could win on any day).

If the other top teams agree, I'd sign it, since they are also affected at a personal level. Else, I don't see how it would be fair.

I'll check out the website later and see if that last bit is there.

Edit: Apparently it's been discussed in another link that got out of hand. Maybe just point me there instead of cluttering up this thread? thanks GOT it, addition of a team which we have room for, not usurping another slot. I'll support.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, other teams who were qualified and were invited have declined to participate. So there is room for them to compete.
I really think that the circumstances which caused them to miss the US nationals should be taken in to account. Its not like she didnt compete because she had a hair appointment that day..

Who is currently elegible? Are they also "one of the" best US freestyle teams in recent history?

-- The two other eligible teams have declined their invitation and have supported my efforts in trying to go. They've gone as far as writing a letter to the Board declining their invitation and recommended me to go in their place. (Team Flew-Id in Michigan & Team Protoge at SDC.)

-- please PM me if you have any other questions. I would certainly appreciate your support!

Thank You!

Missy

---
Missy Nelson
**Learning Never Stops**

Since it appears you're not taking the place of another team, I'm in full support of you going. As an American, I don't see anything wrong with the US having more chances to medal at the world meet! B|

Good luck!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Great Missy - In that case, go kick some butt. Thanks for the info too. I've seen vids of you guys and you are great. I've already signed the petition.

Your typo had Karl and Merriah (Flew-id) out of Michigan. They are out of Hutchinson Minnesota. They're friends but I had no idea they were invited.

I think it's cool the other two teams are in full support and took direct action to support you two.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yes, Merriah and Karl are from Hutchinson... My mistake and thanks for correcting me:$

And THANK YOU!!!!!! I am truly humbled by your support!

You know, if I'm accepted on the team, I'm going to HAVE to bring home the Gold to say thank you to everyone!!

Thank you again!!:)
Missy
---
Missy Nelson
**Learning Never Stops**

Another point. Wasn't Freestyle underrepresented last year and in danger of being phased out?

If so, I don't see any reason to not have a full complement from every country to keep that discipline alive as a competitive event. If we can only fill two of three available slots, then we should do what we can to fill the third slot.

EDIT: I'll e-mail my entire contact list locally here as well.

I just sent this to our social director to get it out to everyone on our dz's mailing list. I'm sure Trent did the same with Spaceland, if anyone *cough*slappie*cough* could get it out to Wallers and maybe Dallas that would pretty much cover TX B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.