lewmonst

Elsinore burnt down

You guys rock!!!!

As noted by Lew, we got to sift through the rubble. I found my rig, or what was left of it, parts of my 3 suits, the charred shell of my Bonehead, (it was in a Nomex helmet bag that can withstand 2000 degrees for 6 seconds), and my melted Alti-2 that was recently calibrated including new wrist strap and lens. (Okay, so the strap and lens melted.) Later in the day I opened up the rig and took out the Cypres and would you believe it turned on and started to do it's calibration??!! The main looked fairly good, even though there were several large holes burned in it. The reserve looked great, until we unpeeled the cells from one another. I but off the closing pin and will probably use it as a necklace or something. Sean found his frap hat he uses for tandems and his altimeter was in decent condition, and his ProDytter still in good condition. His ProDytter turned on and works, too! It was like Christmas and a funeral at the sametime. Everyone got excited when they found their "gear" and shared in the bounty. Bob, (SkyLord) showed up with his camera and took some pics that he's going to send me and I'll post them later. It's mostly my stuff including Rich's (rfj98) ugly Tonysuit and melted rig, and Jake's 3/4 tonysuit.

Again, the support has been very good and we really appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. It is a very difficult time for us, but we will make it through! It will be fun to get airborne again!

Shark

Shark,

Yikes. I feel for you guys. Glad we got to sit down over lunch. I sent the pics to you, but I don't know how to shrink them like Chris does.......

I suck.

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

Again, the support has been very good and we really appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. It is a very difficult time for us, but we will make it through! It will be fun to get airborne again!

Cough cough ***I wonder why no-one's taken me up on the offer of my Spectre 210, PD 193, 1994 DOM container *** cough cough....

No, I know it's way not what you guys jump. Maybe you could practice accuracy or something. Well, it's mine, though, and I love it. So there! nyah!! :P

The paypal thing is going great guns, though. Hammo didn't know what to say - but he does pass on his appreciation to everyone who has, and who will, donate...every dollar makes a difference. Each and every one.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Michele:
At this point, I think all of the instructors have some sort of gear to jump. I can't really believe it, but after the staff meeting Betsy called us to the office and there were rigs there and she was assigning them out for everyone. I'm speachless really.
It will be funny however watching Marie practice accuracy with that sabre 2 150. What's funny is that I was worried because it looked like everything was 135 or smaller. Turns out I'm golden with a 170 to jump.

Hey Shark, thanx for mentioning me in one of your posts. I really do appreciate that. It really would have sucked to have been forgotten and I certainly don't want to complain about my loss when so many others, including yourself, have suffered a greater loss than I have.

Just one request...don't let anyone be forgotten when it comes to the ash dive. It will certainly be a jump to remember and noone should be left out.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

It really would have sucked to have been forgotten

We are sooooooooo not forgetting the Air Boss.....not at all. Ah, my gear is available....

(geesh, I can't even give it away! LOL!!!) Nah, I know, Rich. The Shark and I have been pming about my stuff, and it is huge compared to what you all jump...so I really am playing. I promise.

Hugs to you all - and the ash dive sounds interesting....:S...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

JASON!!! Dude, i'm so sorry i didn't list you before. I didn't even realize you kept your rig in their... i was just thinking of jumpmasters and videographers. you can kick me next time you see me.

I am actually looking forward to the ash dive. Jason, can you make sure that when Karl gets the go ahead to clean up that you grab a box and fill it up with ashes... When is the plan for that? I won't be back there till Saturday, but I'd like to be in on it, since i lost a lot too. At least it's an ash dive not due to losing one of us. Fiala can photograph during the jump, he still has his cameras, maybe Michelle can write up a story about it all...

And Rich, it was truly fun kicking down doors with you in our effort to be heros and save the gear in the team rooms. I think you should jump that blue jumpsuit you tried on today, it was hot! :P

Let's hope that the instructors can never go to Valley Pizza together for lunch again.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

YEAH!! it's awesome that so many people have given selflessly.

another way that we can help elsinore is to jump there. :) keep the dz running this week(end) and make a few jumps. charge thru this shit. :)

i talked to my friend stan today - he lost all his shit in the fire, too. the whole thing sucks, but i think that people will be on their feet so fast it'll make the red cross envious. ;) (they do an outstanding job, btw)
hang in there elsinore....help's still coming. B|

arlo

Not to worry Lew. Not a lot of people knew I kept my gear in there. Its really difficult to think of myself in times like this. I'm sure there are others that haven't been mentioned. Not because they aren't worth mentioning but because there are so many. Betsy's gear was in there as well.

Hell, there was even a jumper from Perris that lost his rig because a good summaritan put his rig in the school when it was left on the packing mat Saturday evening. This is the kind of people that live, work and jump at Skydive Elsinore and why I have grown to love each and every one of em. They have become my friends. They have become my mentors. And most importantly...they have become my family.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Cough cough ***I wonder why no-one's taken me up on the offer of my Spectre 210, PD 193, 1994 DOM container *** cough cough....

Hon, don't feel too bad...I offered my spare rig and got turned down...lol, and it's totally tricked out.

FFF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Just wanted to say I'm very sorry to hear about the fire! :( If I could donate I would, but I am out of work myself at the moment so I can't... and I'd offer to loan my gear, but I don't think it would be of much use (Micron made for 5'3", 100 lbs., Triathlon 120 & Tempo 120, no Cypres - let me know if it would be of use)... The only thing I can offer is that I live 15 miles away, so if there is any need of physical help in cleaning up I'd be more than happy to lend a hand (feel free to PM me if you do need help)... Anyhow, I hope everything works out for you guys, and it is really great to see the support from the whole skydiving community! Good luck with everything! And I'm so glad to hear that no one was injured!

This is the kind of people that live, work and jump at Skydive Elsinore and why I have grown to love each and every one of em. They have become my friends. They have become my mentors. And most importantly...they have become my family.

Jason, that is EXACTLY the way I feel. . .sometimes I cannot even believe that I do this thing called skydiving. If you all knew my past life before I got to this point you would understand why this means so much to me. I am sure you all have similar stories. I certainly know I am not unique. But at Elsinore, I feel like someone special and that is because of the people there. I will be there on Saturday - hoping to jump (should the weather cooperate). . .but doing whatever I can to help out also. . .Big (((((hugs))))) and lots of {{{{{{Vibes}}}}} out to all of you. . .My second family!
FGF #6
Darcy

Pat, Lew, Ed, Byran, Yoyo, Ellen, Rich, Marie, Mark, Sean, Hammo, Lob, Betsy, and everyone else--- my donation is on its way. Elsinore is home, I love you guys-- all the gear in team room 2 is yours whenever you need it-- the office has a list of what is what. And hopefully you all know that if you need ANYthing, all you have to do is ask.
xoxo Blue skies and much love,
Mel :$

wow... it's fun working with George... here's what he sent to Betsy last nite...

Chris

Dear Betsy,
Although it was more than 25 years ago, it seems like only yesterday that I, too, lost everything that I owned in a fire. Upon learning of the fire at Elsinore, it didn't take me long to realize that there is definitely something that we at Precision can do to help. In an effort to get your staff back into the air, we will be happy to replace, at no charge, each, every, and all Precision Aerodynamics' mains and reserves that your staff personnel lost in the fire. We don't even need to know the serial numbers of the canopies lost, just model and size. We will immediately put replacement canopies into production for every Precision main and reserve that your staff lost. It would expedite the production if we could choose the colors, but we won't require that if somebody feels strongly about their personal custom color choices.

Additionally, in an effort to get your tandem program back into the air, we will donate one Precision Tandem main canopy (size of your choice 330, 365, or 400) and one TR-375 tandem reserve canopy to the drop zone. Our tandem canopies are compatible with all tandem container systems made. We will expedite the production of these canopies so that we can get them to you as soon as is practical, and as a matter of fact, we may just have them on the shelf ready for immediate delivery. I will check on that tomorrow, and I will let you know.

I hope this will help take some of the "burn" out of your staff losses, and we are all ever so thankful that the losses were mostly equipment, and no people.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to all at Elsinore from all of us at Precision Aerodynamics!

George Galloway
Precision Aerodynamics

damn..

damn.

that is so amazingly cool...i'm speachless..

i've got an older mirage (in great shape still) i'm not using if anyone could use it...

has a PD 160 reserve already and takes 150-170 mains...

pm if it might help someone...

Okay, that's it. . .I am definitely buying my next canopy from these guys. . .this is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. . .It brings tears to my eyes to know that the staff will be getting canopies replaced without having to shell out of pocket. . .they can use the donated money for containers, reserves and other equipment. . .FABULOUS. . .

Wow. . .
FGF #6
Darcy