AggieDave

White only scholorship.

>I think that makes his point more valid...

What? That you should personally profit from a practice you claim is wrong? Reminds me of all the "Seattle environmentalists" who drive SUV's to their rallies for fuel efficient vehicles.

No, I think it makes it more valid becasue he's a minority trying to make things equal whereas if he DIDN'T, he would continue to profit from the system. Yes, I've already stated that if he wanted to make a political statement out of it, he should have given the money back.

Oh, and get off me Billvon...I may be from Seattle, but I drive a BIG ass, decked-out Suburban and I don't give a SHIT about the environment. ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

>Yes, I've already stated that if he wanted to make a political
>statement out of it, he should have given the money back.

Agreed there.

>Oh, and get off me Billvon...I may be from Seattle, but I drive a BIG
> ass, decked-out Suburban and I don't give a SHIT about the
> environment.

Well, then there's no conflict there!

Jason Mattera, 20, who is president of the College Republicans, said the group is parodying minority scholarships.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Mattera should pull himself together. What he is projecting is that anything that profits someone with white skin is taking something from minorities. Get Real.

(Noting another post, I guess the 'Polish' scholarship fund slips by the Mattera-matrix because it doesn't literally say "WHITE"). Where there is a need, needs should be met. I would like to see higher education open to everyone who can process the work without going into hock for the rest of his/her life. What will this nation look like in 20 years if everyone thought that they will never own a house if they went to school (for the student loan bills that follow for LIFE).

I agree with specific scholarships by specific interest groups as long as the student can pull off the work load. No biggie. If they don't know how to SPELL scholarship, buy them another book.

I've met (and photographed) quite a few non-white jumpers in Raeford..but my jaw didn't drop till the Sistahs showed up and did their thing. I believe its a white-male ORIENTED sport, but it doesn't matter what you are as long as you don't become a red smear somewhere.

February is Black HISTORY month..not Achievement month (it shares Feburary with Breast Cancer Awareness Month).It can be used as a tool for education, or as a means to cry because some 'Other' is being recognized- a la Mattera.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Oh, and get off me Billvon...I may be from Seattle, but I drive a BIG ass, decked-out Suburban and I don't give a SHIT about the environment.

My truck is bigger and since it is a diesel it gets better milage than if it was a gas engine and is less poluting. I do care what happens to the environment but I refuse to go to any of those rallys. But your children will have to live in what we leave behind.

Personally, I thought it was interesting that minority groups could have scholorships and programs setup for only those in their minority, but if even a non-racially motivated group did that for whites, it would be labeled as outright racism.

I completely agree with ya here Dave. INHO, I don't think ANYONE should get any kind of scholarship for being any particular race, period. I feel that any special privelege for any race, be it minority or not, is blatant racism. Therefore, to be fair and equal, since we can't do away with minority scholarships, hell yes caucasions should have a scholarship. After all, the *fill in random ethnic group* stole the *insert ridiculous claim from hundreds of years ago* from the white man, so we're here to take it back!!! :D:D

NOTE: Not being racist by the last remark, just being a smartass.....;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

(Noting another post, I guess the 'Polish' scholarship fund slips by the Mattera-matrix because it doesn't literally say "WHITE").

There are just a whole bunch of Poles of African and Hispanic descent. Where have you been hiding?;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Oh, and get off me Billvon...I may be from Seattle, but I drive a BIG ass, decked-out Suburban and I don't give a SHIT about the environment.

My truck is bigger and since it is a diesel it gets better milage than if it was a gas engine and is less poluting. I do care what happens to the environment but I refuse to go to any of those rallys. But your children will have to live in what we leave behind.

My kids will be smart enough to figure out how to clean it up; they are brilliant. ;) Statement above and above above was tongue-in-cheek...Suburban is a requirement. Family of 5, 2 neices that tag along as well, and all our gear for various sports...try to fit that into a mini-van.
~Jaye

Family of 5, 2 neices that tag along as well, and all our gear for various sports...try to fit that into a mini-van.

Your suburban gets what, maybe 12 miles per gallon highway? You be doing better by the environment if you just used to cars for all that stuff.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

There are times when a Suburban or other uber-station wagon is, in fact, the appropriate vehicle.

Tow a boat a lot, and have kids, and equipment? Live in the country where it snows on your long driveway? Haul hockey gear and kids around a lot? Have horses? One driver?

Two cars carry with them the family cost of two sets of insurance, the cost of manufacturing two vehicles, and two vehicles' worth of pollution (of course, I don't know what the Suburban is like there). Just make sure the second car is a cute little thang...

Sometimes a big stick is, in fact, the right answer.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Deleted my response back Benny...just too pissed off.

You save the environment. I have other issues to deal with. This thread is about white only scholarships anyhow. Discuss.

Yeesh, cool down, I was just pulling your chain. For that matter, I thought to myself, yep there's one woman who needs an SUV. And I wasn't the one that started the SUV tangent.:P White only scholarships, why? If the whities can't compete, screw em. I'm white and I had no problem winning a scholarship.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Kinda strange, I've thought actually...I mean, I know Africans that are caucasian...but 'African-American' usually is used in reference to dark skinned African Americans...and what if I had been born in Peru? Or Spain? I'm still pale-skinned, but would I then qualify as a minority?

Then do we have to have terms for skin tone? I mean we do have 'caucasian' and 'negro' and such, but really? Do we need a color chart? Am I a shade #42 and you're a shade #81 so you have more benefits? Etc etc. And really, what about the rainbow kids, as my friend called herself? What about them? How do they fit into the ethnicity/skin color/nationality picture? Ya know, my heart goes out to those that feel that they don't fit in with any 'group' to draw from for support or history...[:/]

Personally I find it kinda funny and ironic that my great great great grandparents actually fought each other in the French-Indian wars...there is actually proof SOMEWHERE that one of my relatives actually slaughtered another one on the battle field. I wonder what they would have thought knowing that generations deep they would be related!
~Jaye

>Didn't A&M do something like this? I think they oppesed affirmative
> action by selling cookies at different prices, full price if youu were
> caucasion, different if you were african american, and different still if
> you were hispanic.

UCI did something like that. The college republicans put on an affirmative action bake sale where things were more expensive for whites. The college greens group put on an equality bake sale where everything was the same price regardless of race.

." Likewise, I don't think it's racist to say, "When I was trying to get into college, there weren't nearly as many scholarships available to me, as a white American, as there were to the minority students, so I'd like to create a scholarship for white Americans, to help bridge the gap."

The difference is, it is ILLEGAL to include 'white only' statements, because that is discrimination.
The question is WHY if it is not discrimination to say 'black only' 'hispanic only', etc?
HUGE lawsuits are fought over this daily
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]