AggieDave

White only scholorship.

I certainly hope they were satin...

Well...the robe part is but I had to go with cotton for my pointy hat. It kept slipping off every time I ran after lighting the cross. :D

Sure it wasn't a tarp, you bought?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I certainly hope they were satin...

Well...the robe part is but I had to go with cotton for my pointy hat. It kept slipping off every time I ran after lighting the cross. :D

Ohhh not cool...you missed the 'j/k' on that, Clay! >:(

Should be assumed? Yeah yeah, but you never know...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Someone said this was Black achievement month....what if they had a "white achievement month"...afterall....we are becoming a minority in Canada.

Blacks, Hispanics and women each get one month. The remaining 9 months are for white males.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Someone said this was Black achievement month....what if they had a "white achievement month"...afterall....we are becoming a minority in Canada.

Blacks, Hispanics and women each get one month. The remaining 9 months are for white males.

Says who? Where is that described? Show me a real school calendar that details that out.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Says who? Where is that described? Show me a real school calendar that details that out.

I agree with Clint. I find the previous post (although good intentioned), even more insulting to me.

While it is good to be aware of what hispanic people have achieved, I don't need a "Hispanic month". If I am celebrated for my personal achievements, I want it to be based on my being the absolute BEST OF THE BEST! I don't want my achievements to be only amongst people who were born from the same region as I. I also don't want for people to say that I am exceptional at something...for a girl. I want to be better than that!

I seldom feel that my race comes into question. Ideally, I would want to be judged based on who I am, not where I am from or what I look like. Of course, the world doesn't work that way.

[hijack]Well we are just full of new siglines for me today . . .

I agree with Clint.

:D:D:D:D:D[/hijack]

I just find it desparingly racist that people would think that race matters so much that we have to force it down each others throat and make it IMPOSSIBLE to be colorblind!

It is natural for people who have attained some notable level of success to want to help people who remind them of themselves or come from a similar background. I don't think it is racist to say, "It was tough for me growing up as a poor [insert race or nationality] kid, and I'd like to help other [insert race or nationality] kids to have the same success I've had." Likewise, I don't think it's racist to say, "When I was trying to get into college, there weren't nearly as many scholarships available to me, as a white American, as there were to the minority students, so I'd like to create a scholarship for white Americans, to help bridge the gap." Everything doesn't have to include everybody--We may all be created equal, but we're not all created the same. I agree that some promotions of heritage have the potential to be divisive, like separating the teaching history by ethnicity, but overall I believe we have simply become too sensitive to anything that doesn't include us. Who cares if there is a television network that caters to black culture? All television doesn't have to be for everybody. I'm sure the viewpoint of the black community would be that most existing television networks adequately cater to white culture, but they still shouldn't object if somebody wants to start a television station that does just that. If we all came from the same background, any division by race would be a ridiculous as a division by eye color, but we don't come from the same background--Our heritage, our culture, and often our values are very different. It is not wrong to acknowledge differences, so long as you don't label one side better than the other.

--Douva
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I agree with Clint. I find the previous post (although good intentioned), even more insulting to me.

While it is good to be aware of what hispanic people have achieved, I don't need a "Hispanic month". If I am celebrated for my personal achievements, I want it to be based on my being the absolute BEST OF THE BEST! I don't want my achievements to be only amongst people who were born from the same region as I. I also don't want for people to say that I am exceptional at something...for a girl. I want to be better than that!

I seldom feel that my race comes into question. Ideally, I would want to be judged based on who I am, not where I am from or what I look like. Of course, the world doesn't work that way.

You may not want them but you got them anyway:

www.historychannel.com/classroom/hhm/HHM_home_c.html

www.nwhp.org/whm/themes/history-of.html

www.infoplease.com/spot/bhm1.html

You wrote, in a previous post, "Blacks, Hispanics and women each get one month. The remaining 9 months are for white males. "

You still have not shown any form of documentation of that. Yes, you showed that there are, Black, Womens, and Hispanic history months, noone ever disputed that. The allotment of "The remaining 9 months" is not documented on any school schedule. So, you either asume that the other races without a proper month are so insignificat that they don't warrant such high esteem, or that there are simply no other races that exist.

You may not want them but you got them anyway:

I realize that, and I think that it's awesome, Kallend. :)
I never said that I didn't want a "Hispanic month", I said that I do not need it. At least, I hope not. I do not feel that every other month of the year, it is the month of the white male. I truly do not. If I felt that way...i would be a very angry, frustrated mess.

I am actually quite proud of my cultural background and the struggles and courage that my parents and I went through to come to North America. My parents have always worked hard, and my family is successful, happy and well-respected both here and in Peru.

You wrote, in a previous post, "Blacks, Hispanics and women each get one month. The remaining 9 months are for white males. "

You still have not shown any form of documentation of that. Yes, you showed that there are, Black, Womens, and Hispanic history months, noone ever disputed that. The allotment of "The remaining 9 months" is not documented on any school schedule. So, you either asume that the other races without a proper month are so insignificat that they don't warrant such high esteem, or that there are simply no other races that exist.

What does a school schedule have to do with anything? My birthday isn't on any school schedule, but it's still my birthday.

The motions of the stars and planets are not dictated by school schedules.

School schedules do not define our lives.

What does a school schedule have to do with anything? My birthday isn't on any school schedule, but it's still my birthday.

Then I will amend my post a bit so as to avert your meager attempt at misdirection.

You still have not shown any form of documentation of that. Yes, you showed that there are, Black, Womens, and Hispanic history months, noone ever disputed that. The allotment of "The remaining 9 months" is not documented in or on any credible resorce. So, you either asume that the other races without a proper month are so insignificat that they don't warrant such high esteem, or that there are simply no other races that exist

Then I will amend my post a bit so as to avert your meager attempt at misdirection.

You still have not shown any form of documentation of that. Yes, you showed that there are, Black, Womens, and Hispanic history months, noone ever disputed that. The allotment of "The remaining 9 months" is not documented in or on any credible resorce. So, you either asume that the other races without a proper month are so insignificat that they don't warrant such high esteem, or that there are simply no other races that exist

I claimed them for white males. Boy, are you getting slow.:P

[REPLY]
You still have not shown any form of documentation of that. Yes, you showed that there are, Black, Womens, and Hispanic history months, no one ever disputed that. The allotment of "The remaining 9 months" is not documented in or on any credible resource. So, you either assume that the other races without a proper month are so insignificat that they don't warrant such high esteem, or that there are simply no other races that exist

I claimed them for white males. Boy, are you getting slow.:P

Uh huh.

clay, could you break dow the new white sheet thing to me...that went a bit over my head.

Oh sorry......Aggiedave made a joke about rednecks from Georgia...me being from Georgia I played it out. Klan jokes......I do remember being a kid and the Klan handing out pocket knives at the high school. Buncha freakin nuts! :S