karenmeal

Gay Marriage Debate...

Just wanted all you hetero people who are living with your SO and not married, that you are being discriminated against.

Are opposite-sex domestic partners eligible for benefits?

Verizon’s policy is to extend domestic partner benefits to same-sex partners only, but opposite-sex domestic partner benefits will be provided when and where they are legally or contractually required.

Non-married gay people can get covered, but non-married hetero people.

Just wanted all you hetero people who are living with your SO and not married, that you are being discriminated against.

Are opposite-sex domestic partners eligible for benefits?

Verizon’s policy is to extend domestic partner benefits to same-sex partners only, but opposite-sex domestic partner benefits will be provided when and where they are legally or contractually required.

Non-married gay people can get covered, but non-married hetero people.

Yeah...that's a pretty convoluted rule. Wonder why it exists? Is it possibly because there is a legal way for a hetero couple to prove their bond to each other, yet no legal way exists for the homo couple?

Yeah...that's a pretty convoluted rule. Wonder why it exists? Is it possibly because there is a legal way for a hetero couple to prove their bond to each other, yet no legal way exists for the homo couple?

The page also states that. Marriage is a legal contract (unless a lawyer want to f* you over). Gay people have no legally binding option, hetero people do.

The "palimony" suits are bogus for this reason. If you don't sign a contract, how can you be bound to the terms and obligations of it?

If I take a car for a test drive for 6 months and it is ok with the owner, do I have to pay for it?

If I said, "Hey I'm thinking about buying hockey game tickets" do I have to pay for them if I change my mind?

Marriage is a legal contract. If gay marriage is allowed, the cost of insurance will drop because there will be less marriage policies than domestic-partner policies issued.

I own a small company. I have a gay female working for me...Her partner then would have to be covered under my insurance...That will cost me more money.

So, I have a question. I am single. I have never been married nor do I have kids. Why should I have to contribute to the healthcare of spouses and dependents? What if I believe that the institution of marriage is just a way of the government trying to control us? What if I'm completely against marriage and find it immoral? (Actually, I used to think that people who needed a piece of paper to stay together forever were weak individuals. I don't think that way anymore, but I wasn't alone in having those thoughts.)

If you think something is different or "wrong," and you try to justify it by trying to prove how it infringes on you, make sure that you've never infringed on anyone else in the same manner.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Because Ron said "offer" in the context that it costs the company money.

Just popping in for this...

My company pays 100% of the medical insurance for the employee and 75% for the spouse and dependents of the employee.

My Total Family plan costs about 80.00 a mth for me, a wife and as many kids as I can pop out.

So in that case it would cost the company more.

I'll be popping out again. Just wanted to clear that up.

Have a gay old time here folks.;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I don't think that "sucking dick" has jack freakin' squat to do with being homosexual.

If you are male it does. It's kind of what being homosexual is about.

Hardly, that would be like saying "packing is what being a skydiver is all about"

I actually know several gay guys that don't like sucking dick. Sexual acts don't define a person.

So, I have a question. I am single. I have never been married nor do I have kids. Why should I have to contribute to the healthcare of spouses and dependents?

Who says you would? I said MY company pays 75% of the cost of dependents..MY company, not you.

If you think something is different or "wrong," and you try to justify it by trying to prove how it infringes on you, make sure that you've never infringed on anyone else in the same manner.

It would infringe on me as a buisness owner...I would have to shell out more to keep my same policy of paying for dependents health care coverage..Or I could drop the dependent health care coverage if I didn't feel I should have to provide it to same sex couples...And then if you were one of my employees and you were married...Me dropping it would effect you wouldn't it?

Again any more questions PM. me...Im not staying here any more, but didn't want to be rude.

As it stands I'm against gay "Marriage" since I see "Marriage as a religious issue. Im not OPPOSED to a gay "legal thing"...But right now its not there, and I honestly don't care enough to support it. And the more people I have jump my ass...Amazingly the more I care, but in the wrong way.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

So, I have a question. I am single. I have never been married nor do I have kids. Why should I have to contribute to the healthcare of spouses and dependents?

Who says you would? I said MY company pays 75% of the cost of dependents..MY company, not you.

Yeah yeah...I know...not answering anymore on this thread...that's fine. I still am, though!

If a company pays for dependents and spouses, then I am paying, too. Instead of getting part of the profits that I helped the company make, it is going to others who don't work for the company.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Okay, forgive my lateness to the thread, I shall state my opinions as harshly as they are in my head and leave it alone.

Bush is SO fucking full of shit. It is these people's RIGHT to be wed if they so wish. The whole point here is FREEDOM and CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Marriage to most is a religious or spiritual bond, and I'll be damned if the government, or more specifically some idiot in the oval office. He says he "just knows its wrong", well how does he know that if he can't even spell presidency?????? >:(>:(>:(

I am in FULL SUPPORT of ANYONE who wants to be married, be it gay, straight, mixed religions, races, ANYONE. Love is love, and if someone loves another person enough to marry them, they should be able to, without the government saying it's wrong.

Fuck George Bush, he's a fucking idiot, I'd be more comfortable with the mascot for the Columbus Bluejackets being president. :|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I see that you have stirred the pot. This issues is quite the debate. Would it be debated in some tribal communities in Africa or other cultures for instance? Perhaps not. As Americans, our forefathers have defined for us what we "should" believe. Over the generations we have come to accept these traditions in our culture because our ancestors have passed it down. Ergo, the debate on the whole gay marriage thing.

I think for most of us it is difficult to accept a sibling relationship or any other familial romantic relationship because most of us have defined the kind of love that family should have for one another. And for much of the population, this would apply to same sex couples.

I think that if there is romantic love between family members, something has seriously gone wrong within the household. To have a relationship with a family member means that other basic needs are not being met. As defined by our culture, there are certain roles that a parent or sibling play in each others lives. To adulterate these roles must mean that there is something lacking in the lives of these people. A father fallng in love with his teenage daughter for example....does this mean that he is a pedophile or that his bond with his wife is not strong, etc. This father is failing to give his daughter a "dad". There is no childhood for the daughter, she has stepped into the role of a wife. Something has gone arwy.

With same sex couples, it is different. For one thing, many people feel that there is a biological predisposition at the forefront of this lifestyle. For mosy homosexuals it is not a choice but simply a way of life. When you meet someone and fall in love, a serious relationship usually comes to living together or forming a civil union or marriage.

Is it fair that a homosexual couple living together for 20 years in a loving and monogomous relationship be denied the same rights as their heterosexual counterparts? Why should a lesbian woman be made to testify against her partner of twenty years simply because they are not married? It is a legal right for married couples.

Why should a gay man be forced out of the decision making process of his dying partner simply based on the fact that they are unrelated or have no legal marriage. Should a distant family member who ousted the dying man decide when to pull the plug, while his loving partner of ten years sits idly by, helpless with no decisions in the process?

If a marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman, then it was not defined properly to begin with. Marriage should be defined by the vows you take when you stand before GOD....to have, to hold, love cherish, etc. As we have seen, heterosexuals do not have the market cornered on this concept.

Incestual relationships are inherently dysfunctional as a more pure and unromantic love is warranted. No they, should not be given the same rights because it is a relationship of a different nature.

This is an interesting topic. One that certainly arouses deep thought. To make this into a constitutional issue is pure stupidity on the part of Bush. He is basically saying that the constitution should excluse a minority group from equal rights.

Let's get him out of ofice before he really screws things up!!!!! :o
Que sera sera

I'd be more comfortable with the mascot for the Columbus Bluejackets being president.

Stinger? He's kinda flakey on some of the more important issues like icing. And he's a proponant of fighting and I don't know if we can take too many more 2 minute penalties.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

fuck the state. Do we really need acceptance from the state to know how we feel in our hearts?

hmmm.... Why does the state "government" have the right to tell me I can only see my son 4 days a month? Who the fuck do they think they are? I fight for my country? Pay taxes?
If we are going to rebuild the system let's do it right!

What the fuck??

>:(

Rhino

Right now the LAW says other wise.

STRAIGHT people passed those laws, thus, MAKING me and PREVENTING me from doing something. You keep saying LAW. STRAIGHT LAW would be more appropriate.

I hope you don't think I'm slamming you. Although I don't agree with your point of view, I also don't believe you have malicious intent. I think you've presented yourself very well.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

>If the Churches want to allow it...then I would support the LAW being changed.

Except we have this separation of church and state thing. In fact, that's one of the reasons we split off from England, so that we could worship and live as we choose without having to be subjected to religious laws.

>Like I said..Im done here...

Heh.

If a company pays for dependents and spouses, then I am paying, too. Instead of getting part of the profits that I helped the company make, it is going to others who don't work for the company.

Only if you have profit sharing. Otherwise the stockholders get the profits.

never pull low......unless you are

If a marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman, then it was not defined properly to begin with. Marriage should be defined by the vows you take when you stand before GOD....to have, to hold, love cherish, etc.

So if you don't like the meaning of a word it should change?

never pull low......unless you are

ho·mo·sex·u·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hm-sksh-l, -m-)
adj.
Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

It says orientation to, as in attraction to, not sexual relation with.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Sexual acts don't define a person.

From dictionary.com

ho·mo·sex·u·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hm-sksh-l, -m-)
adj.
Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.

sexual orientation
n.
The direction of one's sexual interest toward members of the same, opposite, or both sexes.

so ho·mo·sex·u·al is Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation (sexual interest toward members of the same, opposite, or both sexes) to persons of the same sex.

Yet, I don't see the where sucking a guy's dick is the essence of being gay as you alluded to in your original post.

I own a small company. I have a gay female working for me...Her partner then would have to be covered under my insurance...That will cost me more money.

The cost of health insurance is rising quickly...Some companies are having to drop having coverage cause its so expensive.

Ron, normaly I like what you have to say, but this?

So if she were to suddenly go straight and marry, you'd have to pay more as well. Or if she were replaced with someone who was straigt and married the same would apply.

If your company can not afford either of those scenarios, you should not offer the benifits. But esential saying you can afford to employ someone because they are gay, and won't have to pay benifits? Bah.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.