vonSanta

Explain your sig file thread

Yup, I saw you said you were going to visit, I just haven't dropped you a PM yet (although I did offer my couch for ya to crash on in that thread).

Romper room? Well, the DZ is 5 minutes from a University, so there's a few "young ones" around, mainly a "regular" DZ crowd. You know, no age really, just a lot of folks that like to have fun and skydive and hang out together.:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It erked me to be at the door very long. I think it was the combination of hurry get outta the way other people want to play, and WTF the ladder is gone and all that is left is 14k of cold squishy stuff call air that I am supposed to use to get my ass on the ground. GO otter it's your B-day.

I'm not sure what mine could mean - It is apparently so diverse in the actual meaning . . .

Or, it could mean that if you find anything about this post that offends you, either get over it, or don't read it.

Beats me.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Mine is pretty self-explanatory, especially if you have ever been on the recieving end of a Russian Kalishnikov rifle:S>:(. It was an interesting experience, but not one that I care to duplicate. Oh yea, and shoot back!!

josh
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

Carl Djerassi, biochemist, is known as "the father" of the birth control pill.

Methinks he might not actaully be in the pope's good graces then. :P

Men everywhere else, yes, the pope, no.

But then, this guy has sainted more people than every other pope in history. Kinda take the meaning out of it. I wonder how big my donation has to be to be sainted. (I alreday know the cost for knighthood)

What ever happened to needing three miracles and all that?

ps - nice pun.

I'll bet there are more than three (even Catholic) women that thought it a miracle.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

And a fine sig line it is Turtlespeed! Did you put that back on there because I love it so much? Or did you do that all on your own?-Caress:)

Because you mentioned it - I missed it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Sometimes old skydivers throw out tired cliches and think how clever and zen they are. They are not fooling anyone and it's as educational to hear those lines about as much as anyone of us likes to hear "perfectly good airplane".

Fat isn't skinny, stupid isn't smart, and slow is definitely not fast.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The sig on Turtlespeeds' posts still makes me giggle, and I enjoy laughing, if that is alright with you.:D:D:D

Slow is not fast-A Caress is not fast, they are slow and intentional.
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Mine is a quote from Nevil Shute, from his writing "Slide Rule" It's just my idea about life. that you have to take chances sometimes, in order to live. If you just sit, afraid of risks, afraid of gambles, afraid of life, you will not really live, you will only exist, and that existence will be far from satisifing.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

My sig line comes from the XTC song "Jump." The rest of the lyrics can be found here:

http://chalkhills.org/reelbyreal/s_Jump.html

I also really like other parts of the song, but I thought the aeroplane reference was best...

Other pieces I like:

But if your flight is going rough
Your soul will lead you to the nearest exit

and

While you're waiting
Time is grinning
Clocks and watches laughing at your indecision
While you're waiting
Worlds are spinning
Find another heart and drive into collision

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

I think I got mine from a bumber sticker some time ago... not even sure... It has just stuck in my mind for a while.

Was raised a Catholic and am very interested in learning about various religions. I no longer practice any form of organised religion however. Instead, I find that Joy is brought to me by simply being good to others. Good Karma has made my religious Dogma unnecessary.

Nick

p.s. good thread :)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!