skydivexxl

A little fun for our religious friends...

lol im a christian and i think thats just funny. I pinch tails and suck heads all the time when it comes to shrips and crawfish!!! and im not goign to hell. Some poeple are just extremists.
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

I'm sorry, but some (not all) religious people are just dumb when it comes to their blind faith. This crap about skydiving being evil and a sin is just an example of how stupid some (not all) religious people can be.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I think that site is a joke.

However, the Hebrew belief is that those animals are unclean. Not sure if they can eat them if the food is specially cleaned or not @ all... kinda like pigs & the like.

To each their own, Hindu's don't eat cow meat... go make fun of them :P (In case you can't tell, I'm kidding). Islam teaches that alcohol is evil... the list is never ending.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

It does actually say that it is a joke (parody) at the bottom of the page on the site...:S

Funny though! I love photoshop;)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

It does actually say that it is a joke (parody) at the bottom of the page on the site...:S

Funny though! I love photoshop;)

For the record, the Skydiving is Evil chuch sign was not made with photoshop.

I just luv stirring shit up ... bawaaaahaaaaa (psssst... people, relax.. notice the www.churchsigngenerator.com link on the pics.... )
Remster

However, the Hebrew belief is that those animals are unclean. Not sure if they can eat them if the food is specially cleaned or not @ all... kinda like pigs & the like.

Actually, my studies indicate that the lack of eating shellfish is more symbolic. As the jews have been fighting upstream their whole lives, there is some symbolic reference to the shellfish that has a tough time getting away.

At least, that's what I've read and learned.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'm sure now it is more symbolic, perhaps at the time of the writing of the rules, there was prob some basis in reality for the restriction.

I am FAR from a scholar in the Hebrew faith, but as w/ most religious doctrine, they can be updated with the time, but there's still the stigma of disobedience.

I figured the site was a joke, but didn't want to waste my time proving it.... thanks for pointing out that there's a footnote.

I'm sure now it is more symbolic, perhaps at the time of the writing of the rules, there was prob some basis in reality for the restriction.

I am FAR from a scholar in the Hebrew faith, but as w/ most religious doctrine, they can be updated with the time, but there's still the stigma of disobedience.

I figured the site was a joke, but didn't want to waste my time proving it.... thanks for pointing out that there's a footnote.

That's the basis of most religious restrictions. There wasn't an FDA back then. A lot of the rules of religions have to do with good common sense to keep society healthy, strong, and growing.

Food restrictions, marriage rules, inheritence rules, social morality, etc. It was just easier back then to convince people that God will smite them if they break the rules than that it is for the good of society.

Food restrictions, marriage rules, inheritence rules, social morality, etc. It was just easier back then to convince people that God will smite them if they break the rules than that it is for the good of society.

Bingo!

Some of the world makes it a sin to eat with the left hand. That's because the left hand is specified for use to wipe your ass, and they don't have modern conveniences like plumbing and toilet paper for sanitation. So the religious rule came about to prevent disease.

I once knew a lady who married a man from Pakistan. She was left-handed. Before going to his home to visit his parents, she practiced eating right-handed for months, so that she wouldn't offend them.

I agree w/ you 100% but this line just CRACKS me up!!

God will smite them if they break the rules...

hehehehehe, prob cause my extended family is ultra religious (Mennonites, Amish w/ cars, phone & electricity) & I just find some of their rules assanine.

When my mom was 15 she was told she'd go to hell if she continued to part her hair on the side rather than in the middle, before putting it in a bun to be covered by a bonnett. :S:S[:/] Sometimes they make me laugh, sometimes they make me go crazy.