tunaplanet

Do you care about other people's view on politics/religeon and gun control?

In general, no I don't care what others think... I do care, to some extent, what they do... In that they begin to either push their beliefs on me, or take away my rights.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

It's a complete waste of time and bandwidth to argue about any of it

Especially many times in the same day about the exact same bullshit. It's really sad to see the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over again from the SAME FUCKING PEOPLE.

Create a forum for politics/religeon/gun control or start deleting these worthless threads.

Forty-two

I give a rat's ass what everyone else thinks about politics/religion/gun control. It's a complete waste of time and bandwidth to argue about any of it, especially on a fucking skydiving site.

can I get an AMEN brother MonkeyOne!?
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Yes, I do care. I look at every opportunity I can to learn whatever I can about anything. We've got possibly the most diverse and honest groups of people around. Even skymonkeyone's voting history was shown on the Libertarian thread.

I talk about skydiving and football at work. I talk about work at home. I talk about everything everywhere. And, I try to learn from everyone everywhere about everything.

Shoot. The resources are there. The resources are here. Wherever a resource is, utilize it if possible.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Especially many times in the same day about the exact same bullshit. It's really sad to see the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over again from the SAME FUCKING PEOPLE.

You mean like BillVon and Quade?;)

I talk about skydiving and football at work. I talk about work at home. I talk about everything everywhere.

I was never one to talk about work at home or at bars. OPSEC prevented me from talking about what I did at work, plus I always loathed being out and hearing Joes talk army shit; ugh. Talking in acronyms is not the way to get any drawers in a "federal" town.

As to Keely's comment: I don't mind hearing peoples' thoughts on things political/religious so much as I can't stand the arguments which ensue when two or more people of wildly differing views get into what starts as friendly banter/debate. I think perhaps there should be a one post per user limit in such threads.

Create a forum for politics/religeon/gun control or start deleting these worthless threads.

Gosh!

Couldn't you just skip over the threads you don't like, and let others talk about the things they want? To each his own? Free choice? Freedom of speech?

Maybe you should start your own forum, where you can exert your own personal likes on the discussion content, exclude anyone you want, and delete any messages you want. But that sounds kind of boring to me...

Is this or is this not a skydiving related website? Are there or are there not many other websites where politics/gun control/religion are the primary subject matter for discussion? Dontcha think people who frequent those websites would get a bit uptight if we came in and started discussing RSL's and AAD's?

Yes, this is a skydiving related website. No, this is not necessarily a skydiving related forum. Skydivers are people too that think about other things in life that really matter. I kind of like to speak with people that I have something in common with. What do you care? Why not just NOT look at this one and find one you do like if it bothers you so bad?

I only care when they haven't taken the time to actually THINK about their position. Even then, I only care because in that case, they're fun to mess with.

If someone has taken the time to fully consider their position before coming to a conclusion, we can have a great, fun debate, but I really don't care if I change their mind. The discussion can be entertaining, though.

I have a right to my opinion, others have a right to theirs. Doesn't mean we can't have a nice, respectful chat about it, though.

Ooh, you are about to get Bytch-slapped. :P

Edited to say: I agree that everyone should just skip over the threads they're not interested in, rather than complain about it... but the moderators have to read pretty much everything, so they probably get pretty sick of seeing the same debates over and over and over again. ;)

What do you care? Why not just NOT look at this one and find one you do like if it bothers you so bad?

When half the threads on the first page are related to politics, gun control and/or religion on a website that is supposed to be for and about skydivers and skydiving... And said threads generally turn into "I'm right, you're an asshole" or worse... imho maybe it's time for people to take a minute and think about what they are doing to the "community" here, and maybe, just maybe, take the debates elsewhere.

My opinion. Doesn't mean shit. Just like everyone else's opinions.

BTW, I don't have the choice of ignoring threads. But that's my problem.