weegegirl

Would you sell out?

Reading the post about famous people that jump got me thinking.

Hypothetically speaking...

So, you are you... a skydiver... addicted... obsessed... one of us.

One day, someone approaches you and offers you a contract. They will give you X ammount of money under one condition... you will never be permitted to jump again. This includes skydiving and base.

Would you sell out?

Personally, I'm so freakin obsessed, that I think if someone offered me 10 million to never jump again, I'd tell em to go piss off.

One day, someone approaches you and offers you a contract. They will give you X ammount of money under one condition... you will never be permitted to jump again. This includes skydiving and base.

Would you sell out?

Well how much for how long? 250,000 might not be enough for the rest of my life, but for 5 years or so it might be enough.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I feel bad to admit it, but right now (current circumstances), I'd sell out. There are other thrilling, high-risk activities that I could participate in. :|

Other circumstances, the price may be higher, but in my opinion, everyone has a price.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If they were just offering me cash...no way. It also depends the situation. Could I do other sports? Could I still Bike? Climb?

Do I have a family? Wife and kids that could benefit from the added security? Then yeah maybe.....

If right now? No thanks.....I love this sport.

Joe
PS- Am I reading to much into this? lol
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

Forever.

Would suck, huh? probably never happen in a million years, hence the "hypothetical" thing. but just got curious.

I'd probably sell out for 250,000 after taxes.

There is more to life than skydiving.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Its all about the money... it would take a lot! I mean a massive amount, but Id nust focus on other exciting and fast paced sports... and then id have the money for it! [:/]:P
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I would see out for 14 million.

Now if only I could find someone to take me up on that...

will ya take a check! :S
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Never. Never ever ever. Why? If I have to explain that to you...well....you know.

For me personally, its the most intimate experience that you can share with another person besides sexual relations. And that's considering that they are the opposite sex. In the case of the same sex, it is the most intimate experience you can share. Its a personal expression of unity and finality with that person that just cannot be duplicated for money. Everyone I jump with is my brother, or sister, but jumping with my blood brother makes the experience that much more irreplaceable.

Hope that makes sense.

What is money, a way to do things that you like doing. If you can't spend it on what you like then why have it?

Plus the idea of someone buying control of my life just makes me feel yucky:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

How about no contract? just hypothetically you hit it real big on the lottery, say 20 million. Would you quit jumping due to the over abundance of money?

Heck no! I'd just jump more, have better gear, more gear, my own helicopter, etc.
But I'd still work... yeah right!

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I'd probably sell out for 250,000 after taxes.

There is more to life than skydiving.

Gotta agree with Ron on this one.

I've had to think about never skydiving again because part of my body gave out. Never skydiving again but having a nice chunk of change to console myself with? Yeah. I'd sell my gear.

Well, considering the fact that the only reason I WANT more money right now is so I can afford to skydive more and still take care of my family, I'd have to say...

No way in hell.

Who's to say that my circumstances wouldn't change in the future? But at this point in my life, I wouldn't sell out.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Wait a minute, I have obviously missed something here. The last time I checked, all of my money went to skydiving. If someone were to offer me a freakin' shitload of money to quit, what the hell would I do with that money? I wouldn't know what to do!!!
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!