kansasskydiver

What do you do when you've done wrong?

I admit it as soon as I realize. Better then sitting there worrying when/if someone is gunna notice. Plus it's better to me to admit I found my mistake and suggest a correction then to have someone else use it against me.
Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff.

pay someone else to take the blame! LOL

really, we're all grown up now, it's ok to make mistakes. it is not ok to try to hide them and be all foolish about them.
so what, someone may be mad at you for a little while but its not worth it to lie about it.
My photos

My Videos

The hardest part for me is admitting that I made a mistake. I try to make my decisions based on my best judgement at the time, so it takes some convincing that I made the mistake.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. I also hope to learn from my mistakes. That doesn't necessarily happen.

Willie Nelson once said "All my problems come from the IRS or my ex-wives. Unfortunately, as long as they keep baiting that trap with p*%$#, I'll keep fallin' in it."

Admit that I screwed up and attempt to make it right.

There's another way of handling it?

Only if others are harmed in the process.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

How do you handle yourself when you've done wrong and you know it? Do you admit to it, do you just blow it off, do you try to make it right? Just curious what others have done

The unfortunate problem with people in society, most peope refuse to admit they did anything wrong. They point the blame at others point of view, and discredit someones feelings......

Me, if I screw up, i do what i can to repair damage and make things right.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The hardest part for me is admitting that I made a mistake. I try to make my decisions based on my best judgement at the time, so it takes some convincing that I made the mistake.

If I'm wrong, I apologize. I also hope to learn from my mistakes.

I agree, it's very hard for me to admit when I'm wrong, it takes a lot, but when it happens, it usually changes my life. I learn from these mistakes and try to make better. Just curious how others handle it or what they've done to make a difference

Me, if I screw up, i do what i can to repair damage and make things right.

Agreed, sometimes too hard though
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Maybe due to my work or life's training, I own up to the mistake. Heck comma sometimes I'll even post about them.

Still, when you've done wrong, you can never run far enough to get away. It either sticks with you or you confront it head on and face the consequences. By facing them head on, it's a far better assurance that it will never happen again.

Eener. is right - most people refuse to admit they did anything wrong. It means they'll do the same thing over and over, and that's a shame.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Sometimes wrong for one person is right for the other. It happens. Then you can still try to find some common ground so that each person can move on.

But you can always acknowledge the hurt that the other person is feeling -- "this hurts me more than it hurts you" is bullshit.

If I dent someone's car by being careless, well, I'm an idiot. If that someone left their car where I couldn't get out without scratching it, but I didn't HAVE to get out -- who's wrong? Depends on whose time or car you value more.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It depends. Is there Video? Eyewitnesses? How hard would it be to cover it up?:D;):P

Besides the difference between right and wrong is really a matter of interpretation...;)

I find it to be less stressful to deal with things head on instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop.:)
Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Sometimes wrong for one person is right for the other. It happens.

If the man or woman in the mirror tells you it's wrong, then it's wrong.

Criminals know that what they are doing is wrong. Thos ein prison knew what they did was wrong.

They just chose to ignore the person in the mirror.

Many then blame society. They are usually doomed to return.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Yeah, morality is all relative. If you knowingly did wrong by your own standards... change them. If an individual's behavior and 'moral' standards are in conflict obviously their standards must be out of wack.

If you did it, there must have been a justifiable reason given the fact available at the time. Situational ethics. There are no absolutes.

Just playing devil's advocate. I have a degree in philosophy specializing in ethics...;)

edit to add: you didn't kill someone did you?:(
Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

If you did it, there must have been a justifiable reason given the fact available at the time. Situational ethics. There are no absolutes.

Possibly in my mind and only at that time, in anger or just not thinking shit through, but it's still in the wrong no matter how it's looked at.
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!