lifewithoutanet

Post an interesting fact that you know...

Regardless of how you know it or where it came from, post an interesting fact that most people don't know. This one, which I learned from a book called "The Joy of Pi"...

The height of an elephant (from foot to shoulder) equals 2 x Pi x the diameter of the elephant's foot.

The author was attempting to demonstrate just how intrinsic and relevant Pi (3.1415926535) is to our world. A strange fact, yes, and one of those "when will I ever use this in real life?" kinds of things. But as I like to reply when I hear that question, "If you don't learn it...never."

So, post your interesting fact, regardless of subject or context. I just feel the need for some worthless or valuable info.
-C.

Titanium is renowned for its corrosion resistance, as is aluminum.

Both, however, do rust. It's just that when they do, they become covered with a thin layer of oxidized metal which actually insulates the underlying metal from continued reaction with oxygen. The coating is so thin you essentially can't see it.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Is it not the "Life of PI?"

The BMW sign / badge represents the blue sky and the white is the pasing of the proppelar blade. Basically after world war II BMW was not allowed to manufacture aircraft engines (Sanctions or something) so they started making car engines etc.

:)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

The BMW sign / badge represents the blue sky and the white is the passing of the propeller blade.

I don't remember where or when I learned this, but for the years I've known it, I've thought it was very very cool. There is no cooler logo anywhere, except maybe the Big Air Sportz airfoil (because it shows the "airlock" in profile).

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Raisins and grapes are poisonous to dogs.

Hmmmm..........I'll have to try that one out tonight.

All external shots of the Milenniunm Falcon are wrong.......because they add sound.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

"All external shots of the Milenniunm Falcon are wrong.......because they add sound. "

True, in space, nobody can hear you throw up.;)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

The BMW sign / badge represents the blue sky and the white is the pasing of the proppelar blade. Basically after world war II BMW was not allowed to manufacture aircraft engines (Sanctions or something) so they started making car engines etc.

:)

that's technical :P

the Toblerone chocolate was designed to look like the Matterhorn, and got that name because it was the first chocolate manufactured by Tobler : Tobler One
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Are you impressed??? :$

I love chocolate... mmmm no matter the shape. How ever there is a type of Toblerone, where the bits in it gets all chewy. I don't like that one xx:)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

After a recent scientific study, it has been determined that owners of BMW's have sex more than the owners of any other kind of car. B|

I don't have a BMW, and I'm not making this up. Stupid but true. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Wingi. . .TMI man. . .TMI.

Okay, the first novel ever written on a typewriter was Tom Sawyer. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

After a recent scientific study, it has been determined that owners of BMW's have sex more than the owners of any other kind of car.

Fuck that - if I have to go by the BMW owners I know, I'd have to say that this would only be true if you count self-gratification as sex.

Never have, never will own a BMW. But for the BMW drivers out there :P .....

PS. If you find this attachment NSFW, GET ANOTHER JOB.

--
ZZZzzzz....

After a recent scientific study, it has been determined that owners of BMW's have sex more than the owners of any other kind of car. B|

I don't have a BMW, and I'm not making this up. Stupid but true. B|

i have one. ;)

stupid fact: elephants are the only animals that can't jump. that's a good thing.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001