RkyMtnHigh

Blonde moment...

So it was Sunday, at Gold Coast dz...Kreggers and I decided to do a lil ditty (FF jump) together. Flower exit @ 15,500 (I think "how kuhl!")..head down, sitfly(I think "how kuhl!) s'all kuhl..we break off at 5K-ish, then I bust thru industrial haze (which we didn't see in Colorado) and see this weird circle of rainbow colors with a dot in the middle:S.The closer I get to this dot, I see a person and think "Oh shit, this is IT! Today I die"...so Kreg plays chase under canopy, we talk and once we land, I tell him what I saw..he's ROTFLHAO..."Katee, that was YOU!"

LOL, what's ROTFLHAO? Rolling on the floor, laughing hairy ass off?

...uh, you'll have to ask Kreg if he has a hairy arse...ROTFLHAO was a substitute for rolling on the floor laughing MY ass off...I substituted HIS for MY.

The dot is your shadow from the sun behind you.. which causes the rainbow effect in the water droplets in the cloud.. same effect you see if you are in a light fog layer on the water when its sunny above the fog seen it many time sailing in the fog

Yeah - when you started to tell me the story at the DZ and said you saw someone below you in the haze, I answered, "It's weird when you see your own shadow, isn't it?" Not to worry - MANY people have made that mistake before. It's scary but funny later on. I'll see you this weekend, chica. We HAVE to get you initiated! Also, bring something cute to change into - we'll be taking pictures Sunday.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Whew! I suppose my blonde moment wasn't as bad as I thought! LOL!:D In Colorado, we had light clouds which felt like lil crystal flakes on your face, but down south, the clouds are thick, dense and deep. I never saw the rainbow/reflection either, but when I did, what a :o!

It's so funny when that happens. Freaked me out the first time.

My b/f (on jump bout 400) he saw his shadow & covered his face w/ his arms. Only prob is he had a camera on his head that cought the whole thing :D - I love givin him shit bout it!!:)

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

hahahahah. you're cute. that's really funny, kid. cool, huh?? i loooooooove seeing that. makes great video too. B|

Here's another dumb blonde Q: is the reflection a humidity/sealevel thing? because I didn't see that when I jumped in Colorado.:S

is the reflection a humidity/sealevel thing? because I didn't see that when I jumped in Colorado.:S

It is a lot more humid down here, so my educated guess would be "yes."
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M