Duke6901

GIRLS! GIRLS! GIRLS!

Is it just me, or are women skydivers totaly HOT? I mean like SMOKE'IN!!!

My home DZ is in Malvern, AR. Not many women there, generally a testostirone(sp) fest. First girl skydiver last week. Man I think Im going to post our DZ in Cosmo./Seventeen or some other female assosiative mag.

Shout Out!!!

You only live once, but cowards die a thousand deaths!

i bet you impress her with your 15 jumps.
maybe you should tell her some skydiving stories.[:/]

I didnt see where he mentioned trying to impress her and get in her pants...just appreciation of women skydivers. Did I miss something?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

yeah i think you missed that it is this sort of bullshit talk that drives female skydivers away from the sport.
listen to you guys, what sort of girl wants to go to a dz and know you guys are just staring at her. have you noticed that it is you students who are the only ones that write about this shit.??
that's cause everyone else is well aware that this is the talk that drives them away.
you want girls at your dz? start by not posting ridiculous posts like this in the forums.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

that's not what i am saying at all mate!
i am trying to say that there is not enough females in the sport. i belive the reason is that you get dickheads sitting their all day eyeing them up . this makes them uncomfortable and leave.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Oh yeah. People really wanna join a sport when someone gets attacked for saying some harmless thing with the reasoning of "have you noticed that it is you students" . yeah.. being a student is really fun around people like you bigway.

Editted to add: Granted this should be in Bonfire not GSD

WTF!!! I was simply making a compliment to the other(read better) sex. Dude if you are so insecure as to think that a female would take offense to such comments, than I am sorry. I certainly did not mean any offense to you or any other women. If you want disrespect why dont you search for some of the most frequently viewed photos on this sight. Ill bet they were posted by people with more jumps than you. Also, notice that I refrain from using profanity in my post(not that I dont usually) I didnt want to offend anyone. I see that you have the same concerns(not). I am a FNG to skydiving, never claimed otherwise. Not "looking up" women at the DZ, just taking notice to her beauty at hand. Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone (mostly sorry if i offended any women) but I meant no harm.

this sort of bullshit talk that drives female skydivers away from the sport.

Duke's comment disrespectful to women? The whole "smokin" thing? Yeah, maybe. Probably better to ask a woman. But my opinion, I agree with you.

However... your initial response didn't say that. It said:

i bet you impress her with your 15 jumps.
maybe you should tell her some skydiving stories.

You seemed quicker to imply that Duke shouldn't make comments like that until he's got more jumps(?) I'll bet that wasn't what you meant, but it is what you said.

Vote #2 for Bonfire.

yeah i think you have it all taken it the wrong way. maybe i wrote it wrong. I like having students join our dz.
the thing is i remember asking one of my seniors about why there are no woman at at the dz. he told me that a few years ago there was lots of woman in the sport but they have left due to peoople like myself who want to just check them out.
i realise frome watching old videos that there was alot of females in the sport. where are they now. i have watched girls leave a dz because of the extra attention from us males.
but...when you put up a post about female skydivers being smokin. well that is bullshit. i think you will realise waht i am saying one day but until then i am SORRY for the way i have said this, i was hung over. i am also SORRY to offend you students. I like students at the dz cause they show so much enthusiasm and keep the sport alive. i belive though if you want to start posts about women being smokin maybe you should take it to a male chat room or something. This is for skydiving and not to sit here and write about what males think of women it is to write about skydiving issues and discussions. Not sexist remarks( even though they are probably are compliments.

I meant the whole impress her with your 15 jumps thig and tell her some of your stories as a JOKE. i see it did not come out that way as i must have used the wrong smiley face. i am not trying to offend you just like you are probably not offending women. i just think that this something you need to be aware of as a new guy to the dz life.

take it however you want to, make a big deal, flame me whatever makes you feel better but just keep the women coming into the sport and dont send them packing by talking rubbish about them.
And o.s. most of the photos on this site...whatever you said..well i have not posted any, you have not offended me and if you want to be a jerk keep trying well so be it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Not at all confused at what you are saying. Not trying to be a jerk. Not even disputing what you said (women leave DZs because men give them extra attention). I agree..... To an extent. The simple and inoccent act of noticing/ noting that female skydivers are "HOT" is hardly cause to abandon the sport. Maybe I should see skydivers not as male or female, but as skydivers; I DO--- I see them as equal in skill, ability, etc... I just simply said that women skydivers are pretty. I did not use any derogatory titles like chick, babe, etc nor did I say any of color remarks. I have asked several of my female friends (not skydivers) to read what is being said, none of them found it offensive. I think that you may have taken my comments for a little more than they are worth. OK maybe once apon a time there were more female s in the sport. I dont think that comments like mine are the only (or even on of) reasons that they left. Sexism / Sexual harassment was probably a cause but -come on-. Give me a female instructor or teacher any day. To me they are easier to learn from and to just be arround. If anything me post was but a plea to get more women involved. To let them know that they are appreciated (both their looks and their ability).

FYI: The lady that jumped last weekend, put my flying to shame. She was awesome!!!

BIGWAY: no hard feelings----- you are welcome at
my DZ anytime (bring a women).

Hey, do not break your head for nothing! :P

We're several girls/women jumping more or less with guys, enjoying hanging around with them. I do not know one single girl leaving this sport because of any silly talking of any guy... we know what to answer, believe me! Idiots are everywhere, male or female. Don't be swanky, that's all.

If you make a fool of you, she will let you know! ;)

Perhaps, Bigway needs to impress (whuffo) girls with his jump number ? ;) :)

B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

ok duke, all is good. just look at it another way for a second. If every bloke started writing what you did or showing this behaviour at a dz. this is what what i think becomes offensive to some females. i think we are all equall on a dropzone and it is a great place to go to be a skydiver and not a 'smokin girl' or sexy or whatever. what i was trying to do is push this post in to being closed before everyone starts giving their opinions on female skydivers. The reason is if they start looking up the profiles of the person who posts such comments and see where you jump maybe they will have second thoughts of visiting your dz. this has to be bad for your dz, and bad for the sport. I now am very aware that i have taken this post down a complete different road than where you intentionally meant it to go. Just realise that we are all family when visiting other dz's and for females it must be very hard on a hot summers day to pack a parachute, we all take our tops off. these women can not have this advantage so they have to wear bra's bikini tops what ever. maybe comments like this make it hard for them to do feel comfortanle doing this. maybe i belive comments like this can then bring self esteem problems to dz's. to me this sport is a place where i can feel the most comfortable i have ever felt in my life. Maybe alot of females feel this way too. these comments will soon take that away from them..

but i am a male so i should not speak for them and again apologise for any comments made and also apologise to any females if i have laid insult in any form.
blue skies

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

in reply to ..
Perhaps, Bigway needs to impress (whuffo) girls with his jump number ? Wink Angelic
sometimes i really wish i was not in a relationship with a WHUFFO, belive me i am after this relationship i am way past trying pick up girls who dont jump.
To change the subject a bit.....my instructor told me to never get involved with a non-jumper...maybe he was going through a hard time in his... but i am definetly starting to see what he meant.
i have been travelling around the world for the last year and a half straight, my dream was to travell dz's around the world.
with my partner though it somehow managed to get turned around to travelling around the world to save moneyB|. don't get me wrong my jump numbers don't even start to impress me yet. i am about 400 jumps away from my goal. my first was to travell around the world to dz's.
....and that aint happening.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Is it just me, or are women skydivers totaly HOT? I mean like SMOKE'IN!!!

My home DZ is in Malvern, AR. Not many women there, generally a testostirone(sp) fest. First girl skydiver last week. Man I think Im going to post our DZ in Cosmo./Seventeen or some other female assosiative mag.

Shout Out!!!

no offense taken WHAT-SO-EVER. any girls or women who would take offense at that comment, obviously take themselves WAY too seriously.
there's a fine line between admiration and disrespect, and you didn't even come close to that line.
i would like to add however that it gets pretty annoying sometimes listening to the "harmless" comments from some of the "harmless" men when you're trying to plan out a dive with them. or the random comments (particularly about sunbathers or girls who are packing with low cut shirts on.)
sorry, just had to vent

Thanks to the ladies for the responce. Its good to get a female opinion on what is offensive and not. I definatly can see where it would get tiersome putting up with the "stuff" that you guys sometimes go through at DZs. If this helps... Most cases guys mean nothing but flattery. We just sometimes let our mouths out-run our brains. O-yeah it gets worse the more of us their is in a group. We play to each others stupidity.

I think ANY girl would be crazy to quit jumping because of MEN!!! I mean, I have been sexually harassed before at work, but I wasn't gonna let the guy (my Supervisor!)>:( make me quit because of his actions. And I wouldn't let any guy run me out of this sport...I'm in love!
I think that the guys should be respectful of the women at the dz, and understand that some people are easily offended.
And any guy OR girl that DOES put his/her foot in his/her mouth remember this simple tip: You can ALWAYS apologize!

Would any guy be offended if I said skydiver guys are soooo hot!!! :$
hehe
Sarah

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Im with you Tuna. Bigway was just being a small time, behind the keyboard basher cause he doesn't get the chicks. Now hes even more pissed cause this guy is "scaring" them all away. Looks like he vented and didn't give a shit on how it came out.

Duke6901, I appreaciate your entusiasm. Everything seems so unbelievable and attractive in the beginning, and may stay that way for some time. But, you will soon realize that some of these women, you will really want to stay away from.:D There are alot of DZ hoes out there, make sure you dont become a victim.;)

Bigway.......your condescending attitude is what I go to the DZ to get away from. Take your 300 something jumps and go pound them up your ass. FSG. And you can quote me on that.

Name change edit.