Darius11

How many kids do you want.

One thing is for sure, I would rather adopt and help out an existing child who needs to be loved and nurtured, before I would have children of my own. There are so many children out there who need a family.

That's exactly how I feel. Well put!
There are WAYYYY too many family-less children out there

I dont have kids.
I have lost faith in the future of my country and dont have the resources to emigrate to a better place, more suitable for raising children.

I've also often thought that planned pregnancies are somewhat 'selfish'. After all, parents have children in order to enrich their own lives, they are not doing the child any great favor by bringing them into the world. As such, I had decided that if I cannot offer my child every oppertunity for a better life than I have had, then I have no business in having a child at all.

We have two. No more (I'm fixed). They're teenagers now, good kids and two of the best things that ever happened (Thing One & Thing Two...). But if I can't ever point to anything else I've ever done with my life, I can point to them and really mean it.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I'm thinking 3 is a nice round number. I would love to have a boy first though. You know, have that big brother deal going on. My family has three with the oldest being a boy and he is the picture perfect big brother. That's what I want for my children someday.
I'm so funny I crack my head open!

P.M.S. #102

i'm not a big fan of children.
i mean no offense but they just....annoy me so much "look at me, look at me, i'm a kid, i pooped myself" and so on....i guess I just want a kid who's potty trained and knows when he or she should be quiet and not talk (weddings, funerals, all the time...etc)

i'm just not a big fan of kids

Why do so many people just think "well its the normal thing to do, guess I'll have some"? Thats crazy!!

I can only speak for myself when I say that I genuinely want a family with a husband and kids. Not just because it's the 'normal' thing to do. :)

Well, if thats the case then thats wonderful. I have a few friends like that, who truely just wanted to be mothers. But I know far more people who just had kids cuz they thought once they married thats what they were supposed to do. Or worse - their kids were "accidents"! :o (Thats a very big oops! )

I can certainly appreciate the joy some people get out of their children, and thats a beautiful thing. But its just not for me and I get sick of people telling me it is.

I hope you enjoy many happy moments with your future kids! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Well I'm posting this at 10:05am Friday the 3rd of September, by 5:oopm today I will be recovering from a vasectomy.B|B|

I currently have no kids,
Guess how many I WANT:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

[replyI can certainly appreciate the joy some people get out of their children, and thats a beautiful thing. But its just not for me and I get sick of people telling me it is.

I hear you there! ;)

We need a support group for people who really truly don't want kids (no, really, I don't want them - just because I complimented your baby doesn't mean I want my own; no, I'm not childfree only because I'm single; yes, I have contemplated growing 'old alone' - I STILL DON'T WANT 'EM!).

A few years ago, my city was split down the middle when a high-class restaurant implemented a no-children policy. Hard-core parents seemed shocked that some people didn't want their $200 meal 'enhanced' by the oh-so-cute (please note: nobody thinks your kid is as cute as you do, okay?) chatterings of their rugrats.

nothing to see here

I can only speak for myself when I say that I genuinely want a family with a husband and kids. Not just because it's the 'normal' thing to do. :)

Yep. I've been "borrowing" kids for years, but I'd really like some of my own. There's something about the permanence of it all that changes the experience. You really have to find someone who wants that, though. Talking someone into having kids is a baaaaad idea.

"Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."

Because when I have a little girl ( if I do ) I want her to have an older brother to watch out for her. Maybe it's silly but that's just the way I want it to be. :)

Really? Most of the guys I knew at school were pimping for their sisters (at worst) or simply telling all their friends when she was most emotionally vulnerable and could easily be taken advantage of..:(

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Because when I have a little girl ( if I do ) I want her to have an older brother to watch out for her. Maybe it's silly but that's just the way I want it to be. :)

Really? Most of the guys I knew at school were pimping for their sisters (at worst) or simply telling all their friends when she was most emotionally vulnerable and could easily be taken advantage of..:(

t

I'll kick my boys ass if he's says that about his little sister. :D

Yup, similiar things have happened to me. At our wedding we made it no-kids cuz I'd seen too many weddings spoiled by some baby crying or kids running around the reception hall. Some people weren't too happy about that and said they couldn't come w/o their kids. But the nice thing was that was all the people we didn't really care about anyway. All our friends and family that know us knew we don't like kids so they respectfully left them at home. :)
BTW, I am definitely one of those people that hate seeing kids in a fine-dining restaurant. I was out once where this kid was lying on the floor of this beautiful restaurant, in the way of the waiters, and his parents didn't do a damn thing!! >:(

[replyI can certainly appreciate the joy some people get out of their children, and thats a beautiful thing. But its just not for me and I get sick of people telling me it is.

I hear you there! ;)

A few years ago, my city was split down the middle when a high-class restaurant implemented a no-children policy. Hard-core parents seemed shocked that some people didn't want their $200 meal 'enhanced' by the oh-so-cute (please note: nobody thinks your kid is as cute as you do, okay?) chatterings of their rugrats.

"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site