ACMESkydiver

Because I don't WANT a f*cking 'B' license!!!

Dear, sweet, wonderful skydiving community;

Some of us don't NEED a f*cking higher license than what we have. >:( I have enough accuracy & all req's for my 'B', but I will NOT do water training because I DON'T NEED the f*cking letter 'B' in my license. What do I need a damn B for??? For shit I don't ever have ANY INTENTION of doing in my entire life!! >:(>:(

If you ever see more than an 'A' next to my number you'll know that my life took a major change...but why do people keep buggin' on me for it?? >:(>:(

>
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Hey girl, relax, breath...get that drink and put your feet up.

You may not want it now, then again you might want it later for something that requires it, you never know. Just do what you want right now and don't worry about it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have no use for a B or C, but i'll get my D next year once i'm over 500...

water training might someday save your life (if its taught properly a peeve of mine)

never turn down knowledge, doing so is just stupid.....

You may not want it now, then again you might want it later for something that requires it, you never know.

Yeah, an' I keep telling people if I ever lose my damn mind and just feel the NEED to do a night jump, I'll worry about it then. :P
~Jaye

You may not want it now, then again you might want it later for something that requires it, you never know.

Yeah, an' I keep telling people if I ever lose my damn mind and just feel the NEED to do a night jump, I'll worry about it then. :P

Ahhh, night jumps are sooo sweet :)
Michael

Night jump or a water jump or a balloon jump (some places want a B) or a high altitude jumps (need your C).

You just never know, so leave it open.:)
For me, I got my A and then my D, I wish I would have got my B and C along the way, but a little late now.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hmmm.... let me think..... yup, I think this is a first for me. I've never actually seen with my own eyes someone getting so animated about the concept of self imposed ignorance. Odd really.

[lies on floor kicking heals] "I don't wanna learn, I don't wanna learn, I don't wanna learn".

Why not do your water training and learn something new and life saving then not put in for your B so you still get to make your little "political" statement?

I feel sorry for you that you have this attitude. [:/]

Hopefully, you'll never need water training to save your life, but someday you might be in a situation where you wish you had gotten it.

Getting the things done for each license requirement are a nice way to set goals for yourself in the sport and a way for you to go out of your comfort zone and be proud of yourself once you accomplish these feats. In addition, reading the SIMS and being tested on it is something that could only help you. It's all about safety and training, which is not a bad thing.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No water training? No need for more than an "A"?

Oh, and I was really looking forward to making some beach jumps with you someday.

Really, and off DZ jump, even to someplace that might be huge like some beach areas, will require a higher license.

That's why I got my C. the "C" today is basically the same as the "D" of yesterday.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I don't want my B either but You better believe i'm gonna be prepared to land in water and save my ass.

What do I need a damn B for??? For shit I don't ever have ANY INTENTION of doing in my entire life!!

you may not intend to be in a water landing but tough shit, things happen in life you can't get out of. Think new DZ, shitty spot, and its either a water landing or really tall trees.

Its not about getting another letter and another number to put on the waiver. Its about learning another way to save your life.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Hmmm.... let me think..... yup, I think this is a first for me. I've never actually seen with my own eyes someone getting so animated about the concept of self imposed ignorance. Odd really.

[lies on floor kicking heals] "I don't wanna learn, I don't wanna learn, I don't wanna learn".

You've - um - you've never been to Texas have you?:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ohh.. Jaye.. just go get wet, get your freakin "B" license and conform, dammit! :D:P

She's just nevous about the video camera.[:/]:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Jaye, I only have my "A" license, which I got on my 20th jump. I have done my water training and all the other requirements to get my "B". However, instead of taking the test for my "B" like I had planned, I foolishly waited to get my "C" license.

Well, I am still waiting because the next thing you know, instead of reaching my 200th jump, I injured myself. Due to my many months off and my measly "A" license, my recurrency requirements that must be met (both financially draining and time-consuming) will be much greater than if I had a higher license.

Unfortunately, I will not be getting back into the sky any sooner than early November, and I regret that I never officially got my "B". Maybe you can learn from my mistake. Good luck! :)

Water training is fun. Suck it up and do it!:)
I have my C license. After breaking my ankle last year at least in part because of depth perception problems, I seriously doubt I will ever do the night jumps required for a D license. I can live with that!

"self imposed ignorance"

This seems a little harsh. There are many things in life you choose not to pursue. Just because someone doesn't choose the same path as you doesn't necessarily mean they are ignorant.

"I feel sorry for you that you have this attitude."

But perhaps since you feel sorry for her, she will run out and do it.

She's not choosing to not get a license. I don’t have a word to say to someone who doesn't want a certain license – it’s only bit of paper, even if it does allow you to do certain things.

What she has said however is that she's chosen not to learn how to save her own life in the event of a water landing. If she does not have that knowledge then by definition she is ignorant of it. There is no insulting or sinister meaning behind the word "ignorant", it simply means that she does not know about water EP's.

Since she has actually chosen not to know that information as opposed to having the decision made for her, that lack of knowledge is self-imposed. One might even describe it as "self imposed ignorance".

And I do feel sorry for people who voluntarily chose not to learn all they can about their own safety. They might die because of that choice.

Why not do your water training and learn something new and life saving then not put in for your B so you still get to make your little "political" statement?

I feel sorry for you that you have this attitude. [:/]

Time out here: I don't want the letter. I probably have more water survival training than most people on this forum (except those with Advanced SCUBA rescue) and it's not a 'political' statement...that was a choice in the poll because others have voiced that as a reason in the pat for not getting/keeping ratings.

Not going into specifics on the water training I did; it was not all fun, it was tough, and it was pretty f'in scary. And it was a LOT more intensive than the USPA required water training, so back the f* off!! >:(
~Jaye