AggieDave

Wish me luck! (please :/ )

Tomorrow at about 2pm I go under the knife for what is supposed to be an easy/minor day surgery.

It probably sounds really lame, but I'm pretty damned nervous about it, I don't like hospitals and I really don't like the idea of being drugged out of my mind.

Its actually pretty humorous. I have over 1300 jumps, I'm a TI, I've had 2 cutaways, a reserve malfunction, I've been in a plane wreck, I ride a motorcycle and have stared down a gun; however, I'm nervous about having a day surgery. I guess it has to do with a lack of control.[:/]

I hate vibe threads so I'm not asking for vibes, I'm asking for luck.

Since I know I'll get a shitload of PMs, I have Varicocele (Clicky), its not a big deal, just needs to be fixed so I'm not in intense pain anymore (as I've been for the past month or so). Keep it cool, since it is sort of a "private" thing (no jokes please), I just wanted some luck shared since I am nervous.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

f you want a fun rush try and fight the anesthetic funny as heck!!

I'm gonna try to whistle the chicken dance while going under...supposedly they're not putting me fully to sleep but damned near close. I wanna see if I can pull through the cloud enough to whistle that during surgery.

Why?

Why not?

Its humorous to me and it helps me not be so nervous.

You know I have fears about all sorts of little stuff too... day surgery though isn't one of them... but I've had nightmares about bungee jumping before, and even driving too fast scares the shit out of me. Jumping out of a plane? No problem.

We all have our fears and demons, pal. You'll be fine!

Everytime I go in for surgery, I always ask if they can get some of that fat cut off too while they're at it... :D

Everytime I go in for surgery, I always ask if they can get some of that fat cut off too while they're at it...

That reminds me, I was gonna ask my Dr. for a penis enlargement while I'm in there...why? Don't need one, but it'd be funny.:P

I joke a lot when I'm nervous.

I joke a lot when I'm nervous.

always do that whenever i go to a hospital. Broke my arm once asked the doc "will i be able to play the piano after this ?" he said "yes" and I told him "good cause i never could play that sucker before this!";)
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

Tomorrow at about 2pm I go under the knife for what is supposed to be an easy/minor day surgery.

It probably sounds really lame, but I'm pretty damned nervous about it, I don't like hospitals and I really don't like the idea of being drugged out of my mind.

Its actually pretty humorous. I have over 1300 jumps, I'm a TI, I've had 2 cutaways, a reserve malfunction, I've been in a plane wreck, I ride a motorcycle and have stared down a gun; however, I'm nervous about having a day surgery. I guess it has to do with a lack of control.[:/]

I hate vibe threads so I'm not asking for vibes, I'm asking for luck.

Dude, you're BADASS! Whatchoo worried about?! You'll be fine.

I've been under general anesthesia twice in my life -- once for wisdome teeth extraction, and once for colonoscopy -- and it's actually kinda cool to experience! I like waking up being taken care of and watched :P and the disorientation is fun, plus the realization that you can be injected with something that renders you totally senseless... It's an interesting life experience. Plus, you can look forward to waking up with better-working plumbing!

Be well.

THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!

(I'm serious. It f*ckin' WORKS!)

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Good Luck Dave!

I had day surgery a few weeks ago (shrapnel in my finger) under general anesthesia.

One minute I'm talking to the guy. Mid-sentence I'm OUT! Never knew what hit me. And I was giggly as hell coming out of it

I was worried about it too (bein a major control freak), but it was kinda fun. Dont sweat it big guy!

Luck is for losers Dave, you'll be fine, and when its all done, you can get down to the serious business of making Wee Daves.

Toasting your successful op, and return to normality (whatever that is).

FWIW I've been under local several times, just sit and chat with the crew, ask what that funny machine in the corner does, etc, it'll be over before you know it.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I have a Varicocele, although mine is not painful, the Urologist said that it could possibly make me sterile.
He told me this the day before i had my vasecotmy:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well then take control. When ya lie down on the table, grab the doctor by the testicles and say, "Now, we're not going to hurt each other, are we?"

Sorry, bro... hadda do it. ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I really don't like the idea of being drugged out of my mind.

Oh the fun I could have with you if I were there:P

Good luck sweetie. I'm sure Morgan will take care of you.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Hey good luck man. I'm sure everything will be fine. Just think about how much better life will be when it's all over. :)
--Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

I once read of some guy who went in for the samething and came out as a woman!!!!! A breakdown in doctor/patient communication I presume or maybe just a slip of the scaple. "YIKES, sorry about that, Mr. Johnson, uhmm I mean Ms. Johnson.", the doctor was qouted of saying after the botched operation.
Hey good luck on your operation tomorrow.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young