scottbre

Helicopter jumps?

So, hypothetically, if you could come to my DZ and make helicopter jumps from 5k for around 20 bucks, would you?

For reference' sake my DZ is just south of Indianapolis, IN, and has 3 182's for jumping from as well.

B|

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

I voted yes because I would do it if I was near you. I would do it if I was able to get there within say a 5 hour drive. I live in FL so I would not actually make it to your DZ. You can bet if a DZ in FL had that I would be there withough hesitation!!
Oz

Before i can answer the question, i need more info. Will you be at the DZ during the time and will i be around you? :P

Well it depends. Would my being there keep you away, or keep you from leaving once you got there? ;):P

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Well it depends. Would my being there keep you away, or keep you from leaving once you got there?

You being there is a good thing. I love hanging out with you. Had a blast last time i was at your DZ. And that was my first visit to Penn Station. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Helicopter jumps are rare enough as it is. I've only made four. Two at the 1997 WFFC from the Bell 412, and two at the 2003 Mardi Gras boogie from John Eddowes' Allotte (sp?) helicopter (takes up 4 jumpers)...

Take them whenever you can. They are a blast, and $20 is a deal.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Only if you've got a low cloud base going on or something that would prevent a higher jump. Otherwise, I'm not paying their outrageous prices. I'll jump on a turbine. A helicopter's a great ride but damn. Got plenty of those. My first 150 jumps were mostly all out of helicopters. Fer free!!! B|

I'll jump out of a helicopter all day long for $20, practicing some gainers in antiticipation of some future aerobatic fixed object fun. And you don't even need to take me up to 5k. I'll do it at any altitude at or above 2k (even lower if I'm allowed to bring a certain type of rig).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Helicopter jumps are rare enough as it is. I've only made four. Two at the 1997 WFFC from the Bell 412, and two at the 2003 Mardi Gras boogie from John Eddowes' Allotte (sp?) helicopter (takes up 4 jumpers)...

John Eddowes loves flying around that thing. It's not uncommon for him to offer jumps from the chopper for normal jump ticket prices ($18). With that being the case, I've done 15 or so. CHOPPER JUMPS RULE!B|

all depends on the kind of helo... got a bell 412 and a sikorsky under my belt.... unlessit's a new kind i'd pass ans rather go to full altitude for the samemoney.... but then again, if there is a friend on the jump or it is a special jump i'd do it.....