cocheese

Pizza !

The ONLY good pizza in in NYC. Try Grimaldi's by the Brooklyn Bridge for brick oven pizza or Totonnos in Coney Island. L&B Spumoni Gardens for squares. John's Pizzaria, Patsy's in East Harlem. Too many to list.

Peperoni and anchovies on mine, please! And lots of black pepper.

Yes indeed the best pizza is only found in NY, and New Jeresy has some damn good pizza, too. There is some good pizza in other parts of the country, but NYC has 'em beat.

Fruit belongs in a fruit salad. 'nuff said!

Easy Does It

I live in the land of the best pizzas ever! Mmm....deep dish pizza. There's nothing like Chicago Pizza and Ovengrinders!!!

We had "Numero Uno" from Uno last night.

To be completely honest, I'm developing an aversion to chicago style pizza.

They use the crappiest cheese, and use a ton of it. Cheese is suposed to have flavor, dammit! Using so much of it only amplifies the cheapness of the pizza, because the lack of flavor is rampant all over the pizza.

My favorite Pizza in Chicago is from "Got Pizza", which is great because they do New York Style pizza. Thin crust and fresh ingredients. Yummy.

Of course none of that compares to Toronto pizza.... If a pizza fan ever finds themselves in Toronto, check out Cora Pizza on Spadina, or Amato's on Queen.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Where is it, exactly? I'll have to look it up next time I'm in town...

Bleeker Street in the Village.

Red peppers, gouda and fontina cheese, and the surprise incredient; pistachio nuts. Best place to get it is in Carmel, CA.

Pizza is like sex, it is either good, or it is great.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I like my pizza a little different. I order it normal with whatever toppings I am in the mood for and then I take off all the toppings AND cheese which leaves me with the crust and sauce flavored from the cheese and toppings. And no it isn't the same as eating bread sticks! Plus I have to have ranch dressing to dip it in. :)

Life is best lived one jump at a time.

Now I'm hungry for my homemade potato-rosemary pizza. Enough carbs to stun a moose, with the delicate flavor and intricate aroma of well-proportioned spices.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I like my pizza a little different. I order it normal with whatever toppings I am in the mood for and then I take off all the toppings AND cheese which leaves me with the crust and sauce flavored from the cheese and toppings. And no it isn't the same as eating bread sticks! Plus I have to have ranch dressing to dip it in. :)

You're an Atkin's lovers dream!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I think that's why I love Chicago pizzas so much...I love bread! Give me some more crust!!!!! Mmm...deep dish...with all that bread...yummy!!!!

Ditto. I love a thick crust. I really like the cheese stuffed crust.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

2121 N. Clark! Mmm.....It's been too long since I've been there!

i have been there! It was way good -- we ate so much food. There is also a great place in Evanston Illinois called Davis Street Kitchen with awesome stuffed pizza.. and yes, LOVE the bread. No carb-cutting girl here! :P:)

love that thin greasy NY Style Pizza

I think that's why I love Chicago pizzas so much...I love bread! Give me some more crust!!!!! Mmm...deep dish...with all that bread...yummy!!!!

just what is said... Chicago pizza is Chicago pizza... Not PIZZA...

If anyone can translate this

3) Formatura della pizza:
passate le ore di lievitazione il panetto viene estratto con
l'aiuto di una spatola dalla cassetta e posto sul bancone della
pizzeria su un leggero strato di farina per evitare che la pagnotta
aderisca al banco di lavoro. Con un movimento dal centro verso
l'esterno e con la pressione delle dita di entrambe le mani sul
panetto, che viene rivoltato varie volte, il pizzaiolo forma un disco
di pasta in modo che al centro lo spessore sia non superiore a 0,3 cm
e al bordo non superi 1-2 cm, formando cosi' il «cornicione».
Per la preparazione della «pizza Napoletana STG» non sono
consentiti altri tipi di lavorazione, in particolar modo l'utilizzo
di matterello e/o di macchina a disco tipo pressa meccanica.

from www.pizza.it/NotizieUtili/disciplinare-pizza-napoletana-doc.htm :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Giordano's in Chicago...mmm....true pizza 'pie'! Cannot get enough.

Thin NY style from some random family shop on any given street in manhattan can be great to.

In my neck of the woods, Uno's and Piggie Pies are best.

For toppings...love variety, from eccentric Feta Chicken, to good loaded supreme, bring it on.

Man, I am getting hungry.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

You're an Atkin's lovers dream!

When I was being very strict low carb and the office would order in pizza, I'd scrape off the toppings and eat them. I always felt a little guilty about "wasting" the crust! You would have been a perfect "pizza buddy"!:)

It always bugged the hell out of me when friends from NYC would be all snobby about their pizza and how they didn't want to order pizza when visiting me during college. It bugged the hell out of me until I moved there, and realized everything they said turned out to be true!

No toppings, nothing fancy. Gimme' two slices, knots and a delicious Coca-Cola and I'm all good.

(I was pleasantly surprised to find an amazing NY Pizza place in midtown Atlanta. I walked in and actually felt like I had just walked in off the street in NYC - Brooklynites running the place, everyone was "boss" and the pizza tasted damn good).
Killing threads since 2004.