ozzy13

Best container

Ok lets try this againB|

This question is for sport rigs. Which one do you like and why? I listed the ones I could think of and left other in case you like a different one. I have jumped a wings and a V3 micron. I'm thinking about getting a Infinity. It seems that every DZ I go to there is a container that is a favorite at that DZ. What do you think?

Please explain why you like the rig...
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

I'm 100% satisfied with my Infinity and I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", so I'm going to stick with VSE in the future.

I'm the only Infinity owner at my DZ and while visting I haven't seen a single Infinity rig either... perhaps they're not very popular in Australia?

Like I said my first container was a wings and it was ok and now I have microns. I have seen and heard some things that im not sure if I like with my vector. One is that on two accusations in one month I saw the pin on a micron go threw the bridle and lock causing a pilot chute in tow. Very scary. I have talked to several riggers and all of them seem to like the infinity the best. Im not a rigger so I wont speak about how the reserves are packed in different rigs.

Thats why I post this to see if some riggers would give their options on the different rigs

Ok lets try this againB|

This question is for sport rigs. Which one do you like and why?

One that fits and doesn't cost too much, because it's comfortable and doesn't cost too much.

Its great that you price your life based on your wallet;)

Wise ass replies get wise ass replies :S

One is that on two accusations in one month I saw the pin on a micron go threw the bridle and lock causing a pilot chute in tow.

Can you explain this a little more?
Are you talking about the end of the pin going into the bridle where you view the kill line? I have never seen this and will check my rig to see if this is poss. on my rig.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

One is that on two accusations in one month I saw the pin on a micron go threw the bridle and lock causing a pilot chute in tow.

Are you talking about the end of the pin going into the bridle where you view the kill line? I have never seen this and will check my rig to see if this is poss. on my rig.

No not threw the view hole but right threw the bridle. How it happened im not sure but it did happened on two different vectors in the same month.

I know that all container manufactures have there flaws but that one made me think about getting a different container. There are others too but no need to beat up vector on here.

Mirage is the best of course! (to me anyway)

I like the mirage because of all the detail put into the rig, especially for freeflyers. I think in a rig its all the small things that make the big difference. The bridle protection is built into the design. secure flaps, solid riser and pin protection. And a good bonus is they look the coolest! only con for some people would be no skyhook, other than that where can you make a complaint about this rig?

I will be one of the last ones "beating up on Vector". I love my V3. I wonder if this is a maint. issue.? Was this an older bag and bridle? My DZ has alot of Vectors and I have never heard of this. All of our student gear are V3's also. It just sounds wierd to me. Sorry to highjack your thread but this just makes me wonder!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Sorry to highjack your thread but this just makes me wonder!

yea they think it was the way they routed bridle over the pin and when the pilot chute was thrown it would put pressure on the pin turning it up and puncturing the bridle. At least that what it looked like.Crazy All I know is that it happened twice in three or so weeks and i make sure the bridle is no where near the pin now lol :S

Its ok thats why I started this thread. To discuss the issues that each container has and learn about the differences.

Infinity!!
I have three and have never had a problem with any of them. The main flap stays close with no problems. I can even pick the rig up by the main flap with it closed and it stays that way. Riser protection is awesome. The double riser cover has a clean contour to it that allows smooth and even extraction of the risers through deployment. The riser hard housing is swagged in place (proper use of word?) so it does not move relative to where it needs to be. The double wide leg straps are wider than most on the market (excluding tandem gear) giving a huge footprint and a very comfortable ride under canopy. Customer service is awesome. Price is one of the most affordable of the ones listed. There are several of the reasons I love my Infinity Rigs. There are several other rigs on the market that are strong choices, but I personally will continue to choose VSE.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

Didn't think too hard,;)

Quasar
Talon
Voodoo
Icon
Centarus
Racer
The one from SkyHigh in Canada, don't remember what he calls it.
And I probably forgot some more that are TSO'd. Of course there are the non TSO'd harnesses around the world also. Teardrop, Atom etc, etc.

And of course all the orphan ones.
Reflex, my personal favorite

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Didn't think too hard,;)

Quasar
Talon
Voodoo
Icon
Centarus
Racer
The one from SkyHigh in Canada, don't remember what he calls it.
And I probably forgot some more that are TSO'd. Of course there are the non TSO'd harnesses around the world also. Teardrop, Atom etc, etc.

And of course all the orphan ones.
Reflex, my personal favorite

Flying High, Al MacDonald owns it, his containers are called the Sidewinder

( I hear they fit good around your "beaver" );)

Damn...I'm funny...

Ok lets try this againB|

This question is for sport rigs. Which one do you like and why?

One that fits and doesn't cost too much, because it's comfortable and doesn't cost too much.

Its great that you price your life based on your wallet;)

Many if not most less expensive "full-featured" rigs come from new companies who haven't had time to become popular, pick up military contracts, and be able to focus on the higher-spending end of the sport market.

Being new means that the rig you're jumping was what got certified, instead of a series of modifications to something that got drop tested twenty years ago.

Being new means that the rig is more likely to be tested and certified under TSO C23(d) with higher weights and speeds.

You can be safer and cheaper (apart from the MARD - that's a good idea, although IIRC Jerry Baumchen was willing to license his design for free, so it's probably just a matter of waiting).

Beyond that, parachute harnesses and containers have been around for the majority of a century making them well understood. Everybody gets the same textiles, and uses functionally similar configurations with the same stitching.

I don't hesitate to jump $700 (which doesn't pay for a TSO or demo van which travels to boogies) containers made in the USA where labor isn't cheap.

***One is that on two accusations in one month I saw the pin on a micron go threw the bridle and lock causing a pilot chute in tow.

Totally unproven. Just 2 wild accusations. :P

JC

If you woke up breathing, congratulations!
You get another chance.

I like my Javelins - they are well made and the customer service is absolutely first class.

The quality is excellent - I also like the look of the Parachutes de France Legend-R, the guys at my DZ who have them are very pleased and again the quality is excellent.

I have just acquired my third Javelin (not for long as my first one is up for sale) secondhand, it is 2 years old, has about 800 jumps and is in excellent condition.

I would definately buy another one when I need to.

Cheers,

Coops.

That actually doesn't look like a Javelin. Their main flap doesn't stow up, it stows down (i.e. that picture would show the main flap being held up). Also, the side flaps have straight lines, rather than curved.

I'm no Javelin jingo (I bought mine used), but accuracy is always better.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)