dixieskydiver

Weekend Numbers 11/26-11/28

Didn't see them yet...

;)/8/3

Thanks to Ellis for all the sit-fly practice and other help. Thanks to Marion and Joe and Dave and the rest of the FFF crew for some great jumps. Joes' band Big Pretty and the Red Rockets rocked the hanger at CSS hardcore Saturday night, if you weren't there you missed out. http://www.bpandrr.com Did my 200th jump, did a rockin hybrid and a bunch of other cool shit.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

:S::(:>:(

Once again, weather in South Dakota sucks, no jumps... Been over month now, cant wait till I get back to san diego, weather better be good in SoCal on thursday, plan on jumping ALL DAY! :D

Did make a video with stuff from my first 6 months of jumping though, needed to find something to do since so board.... [:/]

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

[:/]:14:1

3x 41-ways, 1x 13-way, 4x 3-way, and 5x 4-way competition training.

Much fun, a case for first formation load, and a mild case of sunburn. Damn cool watching the pilots fly the Skyvan and Otter that close. They made diving from the Otter so so easy B|.

435.4: 8:1

435.4 miles driven yesterday to get home from CSS.

8 fun jumps with Guy Wright. Met a few dot commers. Hung out with some foxes and a dragon or two, and generally had a great weekend.

1 owed and paid for my first time at CSS. Nice DZ.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

15/80:0:0

15-- the number of additional pounds that have taken up residence on my ass. :( (Not really . . . it just feels that way). ;)

80-- the number of hours of sleep I got this weekend out of sheer boredom. :|

0 and 0: two more reasons why I hate the holidays. :D

Ok, this has GOT to change. Someone needs to entertain me over Christmas, or I'm gonna start knocking over liquor stores just to stay awake (and get free booze). ;):D

Someone needs to entertain me over Christmas, or I'm gonna start knocking over liquor stores just to stay awake (and get free booze).

Come hang out with me in IL. We can have a snowball fight and complain about how cold it is.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

5 jumps

Checked out Skydive Miami on Friday, one jump at the end of the day out of the Grand Caravan; then
drove up to Titusville and jumped there Saturday. Had two awesome freefly jumps with FabianB| and loved the King Air - 6 minutes to 15K! Then headed southwest to Lake Wales for a few jumps on Sunday. B|

Never anyones business:12:3:????:1

Humps: No ones business but the two involved
Jumps: 12
3 First place team wins in Zhills for 8,16 RW, and 10 way speed.

????I drank some this weekend...Spent Sat night quite buzzed with a friend

Edit to add....Almost died. VERY close call. The closest I have ever been in.

1st jump Sat we had a guy low, and we broke off right above a cloud. I hit my max track to get the hell away from everyone. As I came out of the cloud at 2,500 feet RIGHT below me I saw a canopy coming out of a bag. I was *maybe* 100-150 feet above it.I had enough time to think "Oh" of the "Oh shit!" before I passed the canopy. If I had not been in a track, I would be dead. My momentum carried me over the canopy, I didn't have time to do anything about the situation.

It seems to me that about once every thousand jumps something happens where my ticket should have been punched...The first was stupidity on my part, the second was a fluke, and this was just bad.

Met Vinny the Anvil.

Saw tons of old friends...One of them He brought up we have known each other for 10 years....WOW how time flies.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

0:9:0

5 jumps at skydive monroe which i visited while in atlanta for thanksgiving, i want to say that they are some of the nicest people in the world. and great fun to be around. if i am ever near atlanta again i am definately going to stop by there and jumpity.

4 jumps at skydive al, my home, finally got my sitfly to hold, no control of it but i can at least hold it.

plus a buttload of food in my belley, awesome weekend if i ever saw one.

The only bad skydive is your last!
chris "sonic wookie" harwell
Piedra-belluda-roja Rodriguez

;):7:0

Thank God for Friday... Saturday we were rained out and Sunday we were winded out.. There were quite a few of us out at the dz anyway so we tried to fill the swoop pond from various water sources.. Looks like we will have to wait for Mother Nature on that one.. :S
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Edit to add....Almost died. VERY close call. The closest I have ever been in.

So are you saying you almost died twice this weekend? Cuz I saw a little landing incident as well ;)
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

;)/5/0

Hey Mikkel, I was at CSS this weekend (Sat-Sun only) and recognize you from your avatar. Next time I'll know to say hi.

CSS is a great DZ and Scotty, Sparky, Jim Smith and Guy Wright provided outstanding LO for formation flyers. The band you mentioned was awesome -- some of the most refreshing new music I've heard in a while.

Oh yeah, and I got to meet Mary (FlyAngel) who was out visiting a friend. She's a hottie.

No jumps for me, but I did gain possession of an almost-new Lightning 143 for my CRW rig. ;)

No more trying to cram that baby into my primary rig!

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban