Bigwallmaster

If skydiving didn't exist. . . .what sport would you do?

It's seldom that I meet other skydivers who aren't involved in other sports/activities. I actually consider skydiving an alternate to my favorite sport: Alpine rock/ice climbing. In my mind, I skydive because it gives me a similar buzz to that which I feel when I am up high on a steep pitch of ice.

I am curious to know what other people out there would do, if they didn't have skydiving as an option?

Cheers,

J.P.

Definately Roller F**king
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Racing.
I think if I new I couldn't jump any more I would go by an R-6 or an R-1 on my lunch brake.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products/unitinfo/2/mcy/5/8/0/yamaha_yzf-r6.aspx

and I would buy a different car for street raceing.

God i miss my bike:(
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I have to agree with you here.

I really love skiing; whether it's hitting the big lines of the backcountry or the good resorts like Jackson Hole!! Skiing definately gives me a really big buzz. There's nothing like hitting the Jackson or Targhee on one those big pow days when the sun is out. Unreal. Not to mention the most beautiful place on earth when the sun gets tired, and the snow turns that light-orange alpenglow color. Way-o to that Billy.

Cheers,

J.P.

I guess i would just do the same things that i do now, just more often. Wakeboarding in the summer, Kayaking(whitewater) and i went snowboarding for the first time this year and loved it. I am going to do that again.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I have done slalom waterskiing ever since I was 8 years old. There was a time when I had people telling me I should get into a league and compete, but I already had long distance running as my main sport.

I would be doing slalom skiing seriously these days if I didn't have problems with my right shoulder... oh well...

Barefoot skiing? Fuggetaboutit!! My first and second attempts off the boom at 30 mph was instant splat (ouch) the second my feet touched the water! :D

Billy

Interesting, this is what I do now. I compete in the Men-4 division (45 to 53) in slalom. While I was considered a world class skydiver, I'm just another competitor in water-skiing. My best competition run to date is 2 @ 38 feet off the rope.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I guess i would just do the same things that i do now, just more often. Wakeboarding in the summer, Kayaking(whitewater) and i went snowboarding for the first time this year and loved it. I am going to do that again.:D

Does that mean there is going to be a TX invasion this winter in CO?
Fly it like you stole it!

Hmm, that depends, will TG be there??:D
I am thinking of going to Utah this spring. I want to try some different places. Plus, i am a cheapskate and need to fly Southwest cause i have tons of free flights.:D They don't fly to colorado at all.:S

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Hmm, that depends, will TG be there??:D
I am thinking of going to Utah this spring. I want to try some different places. Plus, i am a cheapskate and need to fly Southwest cause i have tons of free flights.:D They don't fly to colorado at all.:S

Well she is going to be here over new years. :)

Don't worry I'll post weekly snowboarding pics for you, that way you can see what you are missing. :P
Fly it like you stole it!

Snake-braiding.

Don't laugh - it's tough!

mh

Interesting, this is what I do now. I compete in the Men-4 division (45 to 53) in slalom. While I was considered a world class skydiver, I'm just another competitor in water-skiing. My best competition run to date is 2 @ 38 feet off the rope.

Cool... the last time I tried the competition course, I wiped out on the 3rd turn, which flipped the ski up in the air until it whacked me on the head and arm. Ended up getting 3 stitches in my scalp and 4 stitches in my arm. B|

On the other hand, I've never gotten hurt on the ski slopes, but I've busted three ski poles, one boot and had the binding ripped off one ski on some of my wipeouts, and never a bruise on my body. :S But of course I've had sore muscles for sure. My favorite ski resort is Kirkwood in CA. Of course, it's the only place in the west that I've skied at, but it was great.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban