CanuckInUSA

Unemployed

I lost my job last Wednesday while waiting at the airport for a flight to CA (the company eliminated myself and another developer). But I was away from computers until today so I didn't say anything sooner. I don't need a lot of "vibe" responses ... they are appreciated, but not necessary. A boss from my not too distant past did contact me about a possible opportunity with him at his new company. So we'll see what comes of this. I have savings and can weather numerous months of unemployment (I am not eligible for unemployment insurance in the states). But my skydiving will obviously need to be cut back until I find a new job. Until then, it's time to spend my days getting into shape and scouting out some new Ground Launching sites in CO and WY.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Welcome, Steve!:D It's not all that bad in the world of unemployment;)...especially when this wasn't much of a surprise for you that this small company would turn out like this.

Enjoy the down time!:) I just saw 30 degrees and snow for Colorado's Thanksgiving forecast...brrrrrrr.....

I've been unemployed for about 4 months now, and although its been just a blast I'm officialy broke and hating that part of it. But I have my first face to face interview tomorrow so hopefully I'll be back to work in the next few weeks. :)

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Yes, welcome to the world of unemployment!

I put in a pile of applications in the last couple of weeks and got no responses. Last Saturday I messed up my ankle on a botched landing and that Monday received calls from three places saying they needed someone immediately and was I still available. Unfortunately they were all jobs that would have required being able to walk!

Woo hoo!

If you have the ability to sit back and chill for a little bit, do it and enjoy yourself. I worked some insane hours w/out ever having time off it has been amazing. It's getting in the way of paying bills now though, so the hunt is back on!
Killing threads since 2004.

I've been unemployed for about 4 months now, and although its been just a blast I'm officialy broke and hating that part of it. But I have my first face to face interview tomorrow so hopefully I'll be back to work in the next few weeks. :)

AWESOME! Good luck on your interview tomorrow! I too have my 3rd interview for a position in Ft Lauderdale Wednesday afternoon! Thanks to Marc & Alysse @ Zhills for networking to get me to this point! If both of us end up with "re-employment" soon, we'll have to celebrate...and I KNOW how much you love celebrating:ph34r::D;).

Heh.

I've been unemployed since just before the WFFC,in 2003.

That's ok, I've got a goal for my life, for once. Being a poor student isn't that bad, and I even got an email from the campus IT department offering me a job. I'm thinking I just might take it, if for nothing else than to finally have a decent amount of jump money again.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

[

AWESOME! Good luck on your interview tomorrow! I too have my 3rd interview for a position in Ft Lauderdale Wednesday afternoon! Thanks to Marc & Alysse @ Zhills for networking to get me to this point! If both of us end up with "re-employment" soon, we'll have to celebrate...and I KNOW how much you love celebrating:ph34r::D;).

Me, celebrate? noway !!! .. :P:P But thanks for the vibes.. it went well but they wont do the actual hire until after Jan 1st ...blahhhhhhh So until then I need to find a temporary gig so I can make some cash and get my ass back up in the air......Good luck on your re-employment and keep me posted I'll definetly buy you a beer, I still owe a case for my first time getting fired:)

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

Streaker has been unemployed for 13 months now. I would truly love for him to go back to work. It has been 10 years since we lived in the same house together, since the employment picture in this area is TERRIBLE, and he has had to work out of town for all of those years. During this unemployment stint, he lived with me for about 6 months, what a change. He is currently working a temp job, low pay, no benefits, out of town. Anyone know of a company needing a crackpot purchasing kinda guy, give us a hollar!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Anyone know of a company needing a crackpot purchasing kinda guy, give us a hollar!

Our company is hiring a new CEO in the next few months. Can you run a social service agency? I'm pretty sure the requirements are to drive around in a company car and mumble so nobody can hear you.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I'm pretty sure the requirements are to drive around in a company car and mumble so nobody can hear you.

Well hell, replace "drive around in a company car" with "push around a shopping cart while wearing old slippers and a house coat". Then replace "mumble so nobody can hear you" with "babble incoherently with occasional shouting and fist shaking" and then is sounds like the perfect job for YOU.

hey you gonna get deported too??

Good news!!! It looks like I'll be offered a job. A former boss of mine went to bat for me and got me in the door at his new company. I guess I'll have to work more and post less. But this is good news!!! I can skydive again ... or more impotantly have health insurance to Ground Launch and BASE jump. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over