Shotgun

Sunny California

Man, we're getting a lot of rain right now!

The "creek" behind my house is starting to look a lot more like a river. Actually, the street's kinda looking like a river too... And yesterday the wind was so strong that all the palm trees were almost bent in half...

Strange weather...

Ooh, go kayaking in your little river. :)

Actually, I was kinda thinking about that. ;) But it looks kinda dangerous because there are lots of trees and other obstacles in it... oh, and I don't have a kayak.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of areas are getting hit a lot harder than we are and it is causing some real problems. [:/]

Any thoughts I've ever had of moving to England just went out the window. :S If I had to deal with this much rain on a regular basis I'd turn into an alcoholic for sure. As it is I'm losing my mind from not being able to jump for so long. Hey, how's it looking down in Perris? Has the pool overflowed yet?

We had a tornado this morning about 15 minutes from my work. Was on the ground for a good while before it stopped. Not sure what the damage is if any.

About a week ago I heard about a tornado in the LA area and thought WTF??? I didn't think California ever had tornados... so I looked up the history and found that the LA area has an average of about one tornado a year, and CA in general has a handful of tornados every year. (They all seem to be pretty small ones though, that don't cause much damage.)

It's just insane how much it's been raining. Thankfully, I think that rain is beautiful and romantic (makes feel sexy!), so I am not as bothered as others. The only thing is when it's this much, it's dangerous to drive in certain aread because of flooding. Also, leaking tends to be a problem with some homes and buildings.

Socal people can make a fire (if they have a fireplace) and snuggle with some hot cocoa, a movie and their significant other tonight! Just look to the weekend, it's supposed to be rain-free!

I really like the rain too (other than the dangerous roads and such). We did spend most of the weekend sitting by the fire, drinking wine (forgot the hot cocoa! ;) and working a jigsaw puzzle - that was nice and relaxing... And of course it will help to make everything GREEN (instead of the usual BROWN in my area)...

Though I prefer rain in the summertime when it's nice and warm... because I love to go for walks in the rain :)

We had a tornado this morning about 15 minutes from my work. Was on the ground for a good while before it stopped. Not sure what the damage is if any.

About a week ago I heard about a tornado in the LA area and thought WTF??? I didn't think California ever had tornados... so I looked up the history and found that the LA area has an average of about one tornado a year, and CA in general has a handful of tornados every year. (They all seem to be pretty small ones though, that don't cause much damage.)

If you look, you can find tornado's happen just about anywhere in the world. But they are rare in certain places. (and they can happen in a major city despite the urban myth that you would be safe there. Both Miami and Fort Worth have been hit by one)

Isn't this all from El Nino? I heard a few months back they were expecting a small version of it this year.

I tend to like El Nino's since we tend to have a warm winter and an early (but wet) spring.

I have a friend who came out to Perris from the UK to be able to jump. The weather is so bad where she lives that she can rarely jump. So now she is at Perris and can hardly jump. I feel really bad for her, especially since I have been encouraging her to come back out to so cal where the weather is usually great and we jump all year round :S. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut when it comes to the weather :|.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

I have a friend who came out to Perris from the UK to be able to jump. The weather is so bad where she lives that she can rarely jump. So now she is at Perris and can hardly jump. I feel really bad for her, especially since I have been encouraging her to come back out to so cal where the weather is usually great and we jump all year round :S. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut when it comes to the weather :|.

I was out at Perris (tunnel) last night and lets just say, I think they can re-name Lake Perris. That place was FLOODED. Somehow managed to make it out around 8:00pm and get home in one piece (despite the ever so gracious and wonderful So Cal drivers). It seemed A LOT more intense up in Perris. Weather dude says it will clear off and on today but not fully until Tuesday...can she try out the tunnel?

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix