gremlin

Need Sympathy

Decided that as it was such a beautiful afternoon I would leave work at lunchtime and go skydiving.

The plan was flawless.

The execution sucked. My car is awaiting a service tomorrow so I went to borrow one. Cycling down the hill to pick up the car I hit the gentle speed bump. My front wheel promtly fell off. There was a pause, I arched as I flew through the airB| and I hit the road chest first. B|

The hospital cleaned up the numerous scrapes and have x-rayed my chest and say I have just bruised the ribs not broken them but I will be in pain for 6 weeks My boss thought it was funny and I now have a good idea what I will be getting as a leaving present.

Anyway as I can't jump for about 6 weeks now am on the scrounge for sympathy.

ADAMB|
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Oh you poor thing!
Well on the bright side...you could always fib and say you got hurt when some voluptuous, buxom blonde flew into you while skydiving! Man what a way to get injured!

Arh poor Adam, nevermind at least the misses can borrow your rig and come jumping at Nethers with me this weekend now I hear hers is getting relined:P

But seriously do have much simpathy, I've been stuck in Wales and have only got in 2 jumps since August. Though last weekends tunnel trip has softened the blowB|

Sky Pikey

Damn, that sucks dude! I fractured two ribs in a car reck a couple of years ago and it was horrible, I could hardly breath for roughly 2 weeks. Don't sneeze, you will wish you were dead.

The Original Cabana Boy!

Poor gremlin...

Well, when I tripped over on black ice this morning and landed hard on my wrist I suspected I had broken it. [:/] It hurts. B|

Just been to the hospital and they were utterly useless... they have put it in a big sling and said that if it hurts more tomorrow I should go back and they will x-ray it.

So you can have some sympathy if you give some back! ;)

Vicki

That totally sucks. I've always heard about bad karma coming back on you, so who did you piss off/screw over? ;) Or are you one of those accident/bad luck people? Will bruised ribs will prevent you from jumping till their healed? Hope you have a better week though
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Glad you weren't hurt worse, and hope you heal soon and completely!!

I broke 6 ribs back in 92 - I *DON'T* recommend it to anyone. You can't sit up because it hurts. You can't lay down because it hurts. Any movement at all hurts.

Basically, you're wallowing in a sea of pain for around 6-8 weeks while they knit.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Adam - thats brilliant. Sorry dont mean to be heartless but that has cheered me up no end - dont worry it will be my turn next if karma has anything to do with it, but of all the ways to ground yourself - I got all sorts of images going through my head now!!!!
Hope it doesnt hurt too much though mate, and at least its winter.:S You really are properly accident prone aren't you!
Good luck.:)

At least you got a bit of freefall before you impacted with the ground, right?;)

Do you reckon I could log that?
Altitude 3ft.
Delay 1 second.
Aircraft Mountain bike?

I reckon I would win the unusual aircarft and lowest jump competitions.

Thanks for the sympathy. The drugs are kicking in and the world is seeming a nicer place already.
B|:DB|
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Re: need sympathy??

You have all of mine,
especially a sweet kiss!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

SMiles;)

I choose rather admit that I know what little I know, and confess that I do not know- that which I do not know, for that is the beginning of knowledge.