Cornholio

The structure of adolescent romantic and sexual networks

Now this is just plain cool.

This picture represents the sexual partners of an unamed high school in the midwest over the course of 18 months.

Look at all the SLUTS!!! ;);)
Check out the guys that screwed a chick, then went and did another guy!!

Story here http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/chains.htm

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

1 guy 9 girls - In high school? No freakin way someone's lying here.

And in 6 months time span, too.

Notice that it says "romantic relationships." If you count fooling around with somebody as a romantic relationship, it seems possible, if unlikely.

1 guy 9 girls - In high school? No freakin way someone's lying here.

That's not what it says. It says they found 63 couples who were monogamous over that 6 month span, 9 girls who'd been with 2 guys in that span, 2 girls who'd been with 3 guys, and 12 guys who'd been with 2 girls.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

look in the upper middle of the circle, there's one blue dot with 9 females off it. Course it looks like the guy's friend was swoopin off the rebounds....
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Pretty damn intriguing. I wish I had a high res picture, I would change the dot colors and make it my wallpaper, just for grins.
I am actually pretty impressed by the 63 monogamous pairs, although I guess that is less than 50%.
Funny to see the one gay link, and the one MFF triangle.

This is of course assuming you believe that high school kids would not brag about this. Where are the single people I ask you.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

look in the upper middle of the circle, there's one blue dot with 9 females off it. Course it looks like the guy's friend was swoopin off the rebounds....

Ahh...I see it. My mistake. Also notice the middle of the "satellite dish" structure.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yeah, but it's self-reported. That one dude with 9 chicks coulda been the biggest nerd just lying so that he'd look good for the researchers.

I woulda been a blue dot with a line to itself, and the # 4123214521 under it. :D
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

True, but I think the survey would make more sense and be more accurate if it was not just one sided like that.

For instance if studA said he slept with 9 chicks, those 9 chicks were probably asked and they all said studA. Otherwise, the stats would be way askew if they just asked one side or one partner without verifying it from the other side.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump